Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@apirateslifeforme Thanks for the well wishes for hubby. He slept in bed last nite for an hour,,then got up and slept in the recliner the rest of the nite. Said it feels a 'little better' today, we'll see how it is tonite after sitting at the table in a computer chair working from home for 8 hours. Sounds like you had a really nice weekend. Congrats to your Granna and Granpa. How nice that their 51'st anniversary was on Grandparents Day! That's quite an accomplishment. Josh looks so cute in his soccer shirt, glad he's joining in a little more this year. I bet that school gets better for him each day, it's got to be quite something to have to learn at home virtually part time, and be in actual school part time. Even high school kids are having trouble with that one
Absolutely gorgeous day here, temp is only 75, blue skies, puffy white clouds, nice breeze. Feels like fall is on the way. So dinner tonite is meatloaf with baked potatoes and fresh corn (while they still had some)
Have a lovely afternoon everyone!

Last edited:
I popped home to grab our lunch and ended up opening up the house. There was such a nice breeze, even if we have to turn the AC back on this evening, it will be nice to have a good breeze air out the house.
We had a mid-October trip to UO scheduled, but some scheduling issues recently came up at work so we've decided to go earlier during the first week of October, broke the news to SIL & BIL who had scheduled to go during same time as us. We never discussed or planned on vacationing together, it just sort of happened (more so on their end...this is second time) so while I'm sorry if they had expectations of what was going to happen, the plan was never to be there together. We are in a time & place in life were we can be spur of the moment and also sometimes need to prioritize work if need be, and it's just us - no little kids to work around. So that is just what we did.
Took some pork chops out with a plan to give them a quick browning and pop into the oven with stewed tomatoes, onions & peppers for dinner this evening. Will probably serve over rice -
This weekend is forecast to be in the high 60's! Can't wait to enjoy the cool weather - time to get the firewood racks down from the hay barn and get things set up.

Apirateslifeforme, Josh looks adorable in his jersey! Yay that he feels comfortable joining in more this year. I'm also glad he got to enjoy a movie night with friends. Prayers this week ahead goes smoother for you both with his schooling! One day at a time, my friend :) Indeed God Bless your Grandparents! That is so great to read. my own Grandparents were married just under 54 years when Grandpa out of the blue passed away. I wish yours many more years of health and joy together!

Lynxstch, so glad to read your husband is feeling better.

Easyas123, prayers you do enjoy a fun and safe trip!

I did not want to mow the lawn again, it can wait till tomorrow. So I decided to start fall cleaning instead, lol. I started in the kitchen, washed down all the cabinets, took stuff off the top, washed that all. Will give them a going over with Liquid Gold next. I thought you might like to see one of my prized possessions. From my great grandmother , I inherited a few things. 2 beautiful sets of rosary beads, her Bible, my knowledge of crocheting, knitting, cross stitching, hairpin lace, tatting, etc. And this set of beautiful Mother of Pearl finish with gold embellishment cannisters. It's one of my favorite keepsakes. memeres cannister set.jpg
I can't picture anyone actually storing dry goods in them. But I proudly display them on top of my cabinets. I took them down to wash them, and remembered to take a picture to share!

She had multiple strokes but shows no physical signs that she has had any, thank God.

So scary! But glad she doesn’t seem to have any damage, and that the hospital is being so good about visitors.

Our hardest find has been bleach wipes.

You know what we're having trouble finding here...Clorox Toilet Wand refills. We cannot find them anywhere. Target, Walmart, Costco, even the grocery stores

Cleaning wipes and toilet bowl cleaner here as well. The wipes, I get. They have been in short supply since the beginning. But why TB cleaner? I finally found some expensive specialty brand yesterday and grabbed one for both bathrooms, so I should be good for a while.

But now he wants to be "Zombie Billy Butcherson" for Halloween... ;)

🤣 I love it!

We are starting DD in online school tomorrow. I am nervous, and expect some emotional moments over the next week, but I think we got this. I am beginning to think I will be learning as much as she is does as this is a self paced program, and I am sure she will need me to guide her until she gets the hang of it. I will have to try to remember to get her first day of school picture

There’s definitely a learning curve, but we’ll all get the hang of it! I started with my friend’s twins this morning, and the hardest thing was navigating the site on their Chromebooks instead of my iPad (where I practiced). 😆 - I think I need to get them each a mouse for Christmas! Our first Zoom with their class is tomorrow, and official assignments begin Wednesday. Today we just mucked around the site a bit to learn the features, and did a craft that went with the spiel on “grit”.

Love the picture, Lynxstch, thanks for sharing. How precious that you have some special items from your Great Grandmother! I love that you have her Bible! I have heard that some older people often kept family records in their Bible. That would be neat to have.

Always thankful to see a bunch of new posts in our lovely thread.

Prayers everyone is having a good Monday!

Keep josh playing soccer - lots more exercise, team sport, has moments to shine but if he makes a mistake, not as embarrassing as striking out in baseball. Some of my kids ‘ friends played soccer for 5 years then moved onto cross country and golf.
Grateful - my kids can play fall sports, it’s their only socialization with friends and much needed for their mental health at this time

@Kirby, I hope your mom is doing better today.

Glad Josh had a good weekend.

Lots of people enjoying the cooler weather. I can't believe how much its cooled down today. 61 now and just 8:30.

We decided to go to Cape Henlopen State Park, an ocean beach by the Delaware Bay. DD and DGS joined us for a few hours. Day started out a little cloudy and windy. We set up our sportbrella which helped block the wind. We all packed lunches. DD had to leave at 1 to get home to a haircut. We stayed until 3:45. The sun came out and it was nice. Just sat on the beach, no attempt to go in the unguarded ocean. Then went to the Nike Outlet so DH could get shoes. Came home and got carry out for dinner. A nice day.

Ugh....I'm so emotional right now. 😢 A local soldier killed a couple weeks ago in a training accident was being brought home today and will be laid to rest this weekend. They did a procession from the airport to the cemetary so all the freeway overpasses in our area the procession passed were filled with people, flags...the fire dept, ambulances, police dept...etc. I've been looking at all the pictures and videos on our local FB groups and from friends that were part of the procession since I worked today and wouldn't have made it over to the freeway in time to participate. My heart is broken for his family and close friends....my good friends daughter was his girlfriend in HS...he's the same age as my daughter, graduated the same year. 😭 He had just got married not to long ago too...💔

https://www.vvng.com/family-invites-public-to-honor-soldier-along-procession-route/

Sorry for the downer post but my heart has been so heavy all day.

First day of school is in the books, and went pretty well. DD was able to do about half her work without me, so that was a bright spot. I took a little tour through her upcoming assignments, and I think that she will actually enjoy some of them. We started the day with me having DD make her First day of School sign, which she is holding below. She loves to make these, so it started the day off right. Then we sat down together to make a general schedule for our days. Since her program is self paced, it is up to us when we do things. We hear rumors that there may be some meetings scheduled, but have not hear any further details. Also, it will not be common, so mostly just on us.

With this program, we are finding that we can keep some of the weekly things we have adopted since quarantine started. For example, Monday had been Mom/Daughter lunch date, where we go through a drive thru for lunch and take a drive. We don't have time for the drive, but we are still doing our lunch out. It is just something that gets her out of the house and for her to look forward to. We will also have time to do our bake and share on Fridays. Still trying to figure out Bike Ride Wednesday's since our friends are doing distance learning, and the weather is getting ready to change. It may change into play dates, like we did last Friday with them. Something to give these girls something to look forward to and help their mental health. Especially since we are stuck indoors with the poor air quality. I really hope they are right and it will start to get better Thursday. It has been a week of this, and my eyes burn and lots of head aches. I actually went to get a new air filter today (DH wants a bigger one on the box fan/air purifier he set up) and they are basically out of them. Guess everyone just changed them and got a back-up!

We had Orange Chicken, Mushroom/Garlic rice and green beans for dinner tonight. This is one of my favorites, but I held some plain white rice out for DD as well as the chicken out of the sauce. Made her happier. :P

I have been thinking, and I want to add another new Question Of The Day: What are your favorite Fall Meals that you can't wait to prepare? If you are like me, there is food you stop making for 4-6 months as it is just too warm and they are too heavy to enjoy. As the weathers are dropping, I have been looking forward to pulling these out again.
  • I am so ready for Roasted Veggies and Squash. I have a salad I found last year that has spinach, roasted butternut squash, apples, dried cranberries and pomegranate seeds. I may have to make that for lunch this week.
  • I also have a delicious creamy mushroom and chicken casserole I make, DD hates it, but I love it. It has just been too warm to make for the last 4 months. Might still be too hot, but I have it on the menu for the last week of September
  • I am ready for some good soups. Bring on the rain, and let me simmer a pot of soup for most the day with some fresh bread. I love fall for this alone!

First day of school is in the books, and went pretty well. DD was able to do about half her work

I have been thinking, and I want to add another new Question Of The Day: What are your favorite Fall Meals that you can't wait to prepare? If you are like me, there is food you stop making for 4-6 months as it is just too warm and they are too heavy to enjoy. As the weathers are dropping, I have been looking forward to pulling these out again.

Anything apple...apple fritters, apple cake. Something about apples and cinnamon call fall to me. Also, pumpkin...not pie, but doughnuts, cookies...(pie is for Thanksgiving)
Soups. Long simmered chicken noodle; beef stew....

Let's see, day before yesterday, I did a quick 'General Tso' sauced chicken with rice and 'Asian style' veggies. Yesterday was burgers/tater tots and veggies. Today, balsamic Dijon marinated flank steak on fresh baked Ciabatta, with quick pickled onion and shredded sharp white cheddar, potato chips and some veggies (if wanted).

The girls made me cry when I went to check mail this morning. Sent me a little Shutterfly book of the grandsons. These shots just made me lose it....photos of the boys when they were both one, and now, at age 4 (both on GS#3 birthday, lol). I told the girls they have to do one of those shots everytime they are together in Nebraska now!

(ETA) It's been raining here steadily for a week. Maybe 5-6 hours a day without it. This morning, clear and no rain...but we are looking at getting some more of the outer bands when Sally passes above us later on this week. But for now...hooray for some sun and blue sky!)

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 9
  • asdgg.jpg
    asdgg.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter