Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Your Costco has alcohol popsicles??? Tell me more.....are these in the beer/liquor store section of the store or the main store??? Very Interesting!
Not sure if you got an answer already but I'm a free days behind and haven't read all the new posts yet but I've bought them too....they are like adult otter pops...lol I think they were in the booze aisle, as we like to call it. :laughing:

Hey everyone...been off the boards for a few days as we decided to take a last minute road trip for the long weekend to Kansas to see BIL and SIL....we left Thursday and will be home late Tuesday. We haven't seen them in at least 5 years, hubby and his brother have been missing each other so we decided to take the long drive to see them, even if we only get to spend 2 whole days with them. Its strange to be somewhere so much more open than at home. LoL They insisted on dinner out last night, even though I would've preferred to stay in but the restaurant was set up for social distancing(every other table was marked off to not be used) and the waitresses wore masks. Today we went to lunch(BIL and SIL apparently aren't big on eating at home...:laughing:) and we were the only person in the dining room they put us in....no masks at this place. I felt OK with coming and going out while here because they've had very few cases around here but I'm still being cautious, have my hand sanitizer and mask just in case. On the way here, we only stopped for gas and rest stops for bathroom(used our masks and sanitizer).

I was going to go through to catch up and answer the questions I missed but I think I'll just start up again from today's question.

Question of the day: 5/23: What's your favorite summer food?

Watermelon is the favorite thing to eat during summer. It's so cool and refreshing. We grill hot dogs all year long but yum, they are the best.

Favorite summer food? Corn on the cob. We can get it year-round up here but there is nothing like freshly-picked corn from the farm stands. I love it with just butter, and will eat an ear or two and call it dinner! Same thing with big, fat, juicy tomatoes (which we won't see until August). I hate the pink things we get during most of the year; I tend to buy grape tomatoes but they aren't the same, especially in a BLT. My mom used to cut big fat slices of beefsteak tomatoes, slather white bread with mayo, add the tomatoes with salt and pepper, and voila! We'd eat these 3 meals a day in the summer!

It threatened to rain from sunrise to sunset today. Not the normal Memorial Day weekend weather but fine given the ongoing restrictions on this end. Woke up to the news that someone drowned at a city beach and shook my head thinking: "Yep, summer has started".
Our fridge is pretty empty so we decided to make a run through a local market's produce department. Well stocked but I wasn't crazed over the quality so we left and just walked the streets for a bit.
Never saw this before during the shutdown but lots of teenagers/young adults were wandering around mask-less. Many of them had on beach wear so guess they were heading out to Long Island or the Jersey Shore as local beaches still have restrictions.
The man had a pizza craving going on as we passed a pizzeria so we bought a sausage and 'shroom pie to take home and grabbed some avocados from a local street vegetable cart; good stand in for salad.
1/4 of the pie is gone so I suspect pizza will be in our future for a day or so, LOL.

It's sort going to be summer soon maybe and seems like we are going to be stay cation for sure this summer. We'll be grilling out more likely. What's your favorite summer foods? I LOVE grilled hot dogs. I understand they aren't good for you and whatever whatever but grilled hot dog with mustard and some shredded cheese and I'd take that any day over a steak. I also love summer corn or tomatoes with touch salt and some red wine vinegar.

Have I mentioned I adore potato salad? And yes to naked fresh tomatoes. Could be happy just eating watermelon and feta cheese salad. Now if I had all that on a plate with some grilled whole fish I'd think I was in Heaven.

Err the man could eat a hot dog everyday of the week and twice on Sunday :lmao:. Fortunately his monthly blood work tells when he's been bad so he's curbed back quite a bit.

Summer food.....not really different than other times of the year here. I think now (before we get too hot) is a better time for things like corn and strawberries (I have been buying these every week for weeks.)

Dinner tonight was steak stir fry with green beans, orange peppers in it

Family over tomorrow for pool time and grilling burgers and DH is smoking ribs

Today was beautiful. DH and I decided to put the bikes on the car and drive about 1 hour 15 minutes to a great bike trail on Kent Island, which is right on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay. I texted the kids an FYI of where we would be. DS texted back that he and his wife were also going to Kent Island to do some bird watching. It's about 45 minutes from them in the opposite direction. So we biked to the park where they were and met up with them for 20-30 minutes. So we ended up with a 16 mile bike ride and a nice visit.

I made French Toast for breakfast. We had a late lunch at Chick-Fil-A after the ride. Came home and just had chicken soup.

My first thought was steamed blue crabs, but after I kept reading I had to add August tomatoes and corn on the cob. We are picky about our tomatoes. August eastern shore tomatoes are the best.

Gratitudes:
Nice long bike ride
Seeing DS and DDIL
Finally some warm weather.

Favorite summer food? Corn on the cob. We can get it year-round up here but there is nothing like freshly-picked corn from the farm stands. I love it with just butter, and will eat an ear or two and call it dinner! Same thing with big, fat, juicy tomatoes (which we won't see until August). I hate the pink things we get during most of the year; I tend to buy grape tomatoes but they aren't the same, especially in a BLT. My mom used to cut big fat slices of beefsteak tomatoes, slather white bread with mayo, add the tomatoes with salt and pepper, and voila! We'd eat these 3 meals a day in the summer!

Those are one of my favorite childhood memories. I still think of my Mom everytime I pick the first garden tomato and eat it right out of the garden (wiped off of course) in the sun. Then bring more in and make some of those sandwiches. I can't wait for my tomato plants to start setting flowers, it will probably be the end of July or beginning of August before I have tomatoes to eat, but it's something to look forward to!

My grandmother made a rhubarb dessert and I loved the tang and sweetness, but it’s only been 5-6 years that I’ve enjoyed strawberry rhubarb pie, in fact I made one for Mothers Day dinner. I had to use frozen rhubarb.

Fresh tomatoes and corn on the cob are my favorite summer foods!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter