Question about DVC annual pass discount...

cgcruz

In Disney Bliss
I'm a soon to be DVC member. I took a trip back in August to WDW and bought 10 day MYW tix with Park hopper no expiration. We used 5 days worth of passes. Since I will be able to purchase the Annual pass with DVC discount soon, will I be able to apply whatever dollar amount credit I still have on my MYW tix to the purchase of an annual pass? If so, does anyone have any idea what kind of credit I would get? Also, if I cant and I just go ahead and buy an annual pass with DVC discount.... What would be the break even point of an annual pass purchase? How many times would I have to go in a year? Does the annual pass offer full park hopping privilages? Are there no black-out dates?

Thanks!

Yes - you can apply the remaining value of your 10 day MYW pass to the purchase of a new DVC-discounted AP or PAP. The credit will be equal to approximately 50% of the price you originally (because you still have 5 unused days on the 10 day ticket).

There are no black out days for annual or premium annual passes - blackout days only apply to certain Florida resident passes.

Annual passes include park hopping priviledges, but not admission to the waterparks, PI or DQ. You'd need a PAP to get admission to the waterparks, PI or DQ.

Neither APs nor PAPs include admission to separately charged "hard ticket" events such as MVMCP, MNSSHP or Night of Joy.

That sounds great! I'm not sure though if I should do it or not... How many days in a year do you have to go in order for an Annual pass be better than 10 day MYW tix with Park Hopper? I think it cost around $337 to get the 10 day tix with park hopping and no expiration.

What exactly is the price of the DVC member annual pass?

The AP is aournd $310, so It would be similar. Just remember that with the AP, it is easier to get two trips on one pass by shifting your trip dates by a week or two. We usually start an AP in mid January and use it the following year in early January. Of course, we usually add another trip in there too! ;)

Are there any AP benefits while on WDW? I heard you can get the DDE card? How much does it cost? Does it give you discounts in most restaurants? Does the discount include alcohol? Is it only good for the person who owns the card or can you apply it to the whole table bill?

Take a look at this link:

WDW Discounts

In addition to some good info on WDW discounts (including DVC & AP), you will find a link to info on the DDE (linkin left most column under Florida Residents) as well as a great .pdf chart (link near top of page) that compares the various dining discounts.

Best wishes -

cgcruz said:
Are there any AP benefits while on WDW? I heard you can get the DDE card? How much does it cost? Does it give you discounts in most restaurants? Does the discount include alcohol? Is it only good for the person who owns the card or can you apply it to the whole table bill?

The DDE card costs $50 for AP Members as opposed to $75 for everyone else. It will get you 20% off meals at most of the restaurants in WDW. I do not believe that this includes alcoholic beverages.

The DDE discount does cover alcoholic drinks.

The following excerpt is from All Ears Net:

Members receive a 20% discount on all food and beverage (including alcohol) for up to 10 people at participating table-service Disney restaurants.

Read more about the DDE here.

Best wishes -

I had two days left on a hopper pass, turned it in and received the discount for the 2 days that were left on the pass (priced at the time I bought the pass). We purchased the DDE card, and are very happy we did, the card paid for itself the first visit, and yes alcohol beverages are included (they separate the meal price and discount from the beverage price and discount). We happened to buy PAP's, this way we can go to the parks, water parks, P&I, and Disney Quest whenever we want when we go down. We plan 3 trips a year, and so for us it is certainly worth it!

Which ever you chose to do...have a great, magical Disney vacation! and also...WELCOME HOME!

I've been looking at this too. I am not sure we will make it down more than once a year at least for a while since the kids are in school and we live 23 hrs away by car or have to fly. So... while the dde card sounds like it would be a winner for us. I think it might be a better idea for us for a while to get the 10d premium plus pass which includes 5 plusses (dq,pi,waterparks) + 10days at the major parks for a total of 15 "disney" visits that do not expire. I think we'll do this for a while instead of an AP and hope Disney comes out with a "dining plan" for DVC'rs. I also think that as we start "doing" disney more often (visit before this one was 6 years ago) we wont feel the need to rush through the parks every single day. So those 15 visits could probably last us 3-4 years. whatcha think :confused3

DemoBri1 said:
The DDE card costs $50 for AP Members as opposed to $75 for everyone else. It will get you 20% off meals at most of the restaurants in WDW. I do not believe that this includes alcoholic beverages.

Help me out here...I was under the impression that the DDE card is only available to AP holders. Can you really buy it without an AP?

snowbunny said:
Help me out here...I was under the impression that the DDE card is only available to AP holders. Can you really buy it without an AP?
Only if you are a FLorida resident.

THe DDE card is available only to FLorida residents (for $75) or to annual passholders (for $50).

This is the first year that the DDE card has been available to anyone except Florida residents. Availability was expanded to passholders as part of the 50th Celebration - thus the $50 price.

If the DDE program continues to be available to passholders after the 50th Celebration ends, I would expect the price to be the same for all - $75 (or maybe more).

Best wishes -

CarolMN said:
THe DDE card is available only to FLorida residents (for $75) or to annual passholders (for $50).

Thanks...I knew it had to be something like that :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter