Question about Fudge for my husband

babylisa4

Mouseketeer
My husband remembers some kind of fudge that his mother used to make that was sort of hard and sugary. Not creamy like the kind I make. It doesn't sound good to me but he always brings this up around the holidays. His mother is gone now and sadly I did not get the recipe from her. Can anybody help? (They were pretty poor growing up so he thinks it was some kind of fudge that was cheap to make)

I remember that type of dudge too. Stove cooked type. I'll check my recipes.

My Mom made this too. It is made with Hershey Cocoa Powder. Recipe is on the can. I have tried to make it and it is much harder than the soft kind. Using a candy thermometer is very
crucial and I still manage to not get it exactly right!! But it is MUCH better than the kind everyone makes today. Check for the recpe on the can and if it is not there I will see what I can find out. Good Luck!:jester:

My mom makes her's with unsweetened chocolate bars...and yes the temp. is really crucial.
She gets her recipe form the old Betty Crocker cook book...:D :D :D

I went to the Hershey's web site after the poster said it may be on the can. I think I found it there. Thanks for the advice about getting the temp right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter