• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about the free Dining and AR's

wizzytoon

Mouseketeer
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I am really thinking about getting the free dining plan for my DH, DS (5years old) and I. Even w/having ap's and buying a one day ticket, It would be a great savings for us. But…we do not like planning our meals so far in advance. Ya never know what or when you are going to eat, especially w/ a 5 year old. So do we really need to make advance reservations now or can we wait till that morning and call. We are going Oct 3rd to Oct 10. Thanks in advance. :wave2:

I personally do not believe you need to plan every meal in advance, however those that you know are the most popular I would absolutely plan in advance, such as character dining or signature restaurants. I have planned all of mine because eating at specific restaurants is very important for DH and he wants to eat at as many Epcot restaurants as possible.

wizzytoon said:
I am really thinking about getting the free dining plan for my DH, DS (5years old) and I. Even w/having ap's and buying a one day ticket, It would be a great savings for us. But…we do not like planning our meals so far in advance. Ya never know what or when you are going to eat, especially w/ a 5 year old. So do we really need to make advance reservations now or can we wait till that morning and call. We are going Oct 3rd to Oct 10. Thanks in advance. :wave2:

My son and I used the plan during our trip in April. (last week of the month) Several times during that trip we saw people without PS turned away. I was glad I'd made all of our PS in advance. We didn't keep them all, but it was nice to know we wouldn't have to walk around looking for a place with an opening.

We're using the free plan this fall. (September 29-October 5) I've already made two PS and will make the rest as soon as the 90 day mark opens up.

I thought it may help if I include the places people were turned away from during our trip.

Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey's
Rose and Crown
Teppenyaki
Cape May Cafe
Sci Fi Dine Inn

Thanks So much for the help. :goodvibes I think I will get the free dining and make some AR's. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter