Question about top of the world villains lair....

TimeforMe

<marquee><font color=royalblue>Remember who you ar
From what I can gather, if you're not doing any of the "extras" there is no charge to go here? And no reservations are required? I appreciate any and all information from anyone who has been. Thank you.

I am following because I am also confused about how this works now. I miss when it was just plain old Top of the World Lounge

I've seen a number of recent reports that there is no longer a CM at the 1st floor elevator, so you can go up to the observation deck to watch fireworks and can purchase drinks from a cart on the deck as well. It sounds like DVC-Y members can enter the actual lounge, subject to availability.

You can go any time, but there is sometimes a wait to get inside. It is not really worth a separate trip to be honest. I guess it would be once, but we will not go back unless we are over there for something.

I've seen a number of recent reports that there is no longer a CM at the 1st floor elevator, so you can go up to the observation deck to watch fireworks and can purchase drinks from a cart on the deck as well. It sounds like DVC-Y members can enter the actual lounge, subject to availability.
We went on Sunday night (Easter). No cast member checked anything. We were able to go onto the deck area with no interaction with any CM (we are DVC-Y). It was fairly full by the time the fireworks started. I'd guess 1/2 the people were probably not direct (or even DVC) members. I wish things that were advertised as perks would actually be monitored.

Last edited:

We went on Sunday night (Easter). No cast member checked anything. We were able to go onto the deck area with no interaction with any CM (we are DVC-Y). It was fairly full by the time the fireworks started. I'd guess 1/2 the people were probably not direct (or even DVC) members. I wish things that were advertised as perks would actually be monitored.

It seems they decided that keeping people off the observation deck wasn’t really a big deal and made more sense to have the CM stationed outside the actual lounge to check for elgibilty.

From what I can gather, if you're not doing any of the "extras" there is no charge to go here? And no reservations are required? I appreciate any and all information from anyone who has been. Thank you.
We were there in November without a reservation. We were seated at a table and though it got a little crowded closer to fireworks we were never asked to leave our table. We ordered cocktails but did not order food. Experience was enjoyable. We will probably try WW next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter