• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

question again about BWV views

3kidz4dis

DIS Veteran
Pluto said:
dont mind standard view because you dont hear the noise.
now if you like going to bed 2 oclock in the morning everyday than go ahead get a boardwalk view.

I pasted this quote from an ongoing discussion and I know this has been mentioned before but I need to make a decision on this and need opinions. I am reserved for SS but am at my 7 month this week. I was interested in staying at BWV and since we want to try as many resorts as possible thought we should "splurge" and go with the BWV since this may be the last time in a while, however I am getting concerned with the noise issue. We have 3 little kids and would prefer not a lot of noise. I talked to MS and so far I can be waitlisted for BW and standard view but the preferred view is available. Even MS warned me that boardwalk view is noisy. We usually do enjoy our balconys on vacation. Any thoughts?

I have stayed in a boardwalk view room on the 5th floor and didn't find it extremely noisy. It may depend on the time of year you are there and how busy the boardwalk is. We were there in May and it seemed to me by 9:30 or 10 in the evening everything was pretty quiet. I really think as long as you have your doors closed for the kids to sleep you wouldn't have a problem.
And the sunrises from those balconies are great!!! Another really nice view is on the canal side with views of Swan/Dolphin and ToT at MGM. We had that view last January and had our 3 1/2 year old grandson with us. He just loved the view of ToT at night. We had to get him a poster of it to bring home and hang in his bedroom. I actually think the canal side is better than boardwalk,
especially if you like to sit on the balcony in the evening and relax.

I did not think that the Boardwalk view was all that noisy - as long as the balcony door was shut. However, you willhear the horns from the Friendship boats when they arrive and depart the BW dock and you will probably hear the people walking by when JellyRolls closes. Neither bothered us, but only you know how sensitive to noise your little ones are.

PV Pool/Garden rooms can also be noisy -depending on who is using the pools. SV rooms can have "traffic" noise. The buses dropping people off at the entrance (cruise, airport) were annoying at times.

I am not trying to tell you that all the rooms in the BWV are noisy all the time. Just that any room can be noisy, and IMHO, one category is not any more noisyt than the others. In my experience, your neightbors and hallway noise (people runing and talking,etc) are much more bothersome than anything you might experience from the outside.

If it were me, I'd wiatlist for what I really wanted and see for myself.

Best wishes -

P.S. We prefer the standard view - the BW views are nice, but to us, not worth the extra points. Don't care for the pool views, but would seriously consider asking for a view of the new croquet lawn if we neede to reserve a PV room.

I think it depends upon where you are.

when I had a BWV view - beautiful view by the way.

Noise was a problem. BW at that time played it own music and it was very, very, very LOUD. now this was when it was new so maybe it doesn't do this any more.

plus we were over the area where the teens play. and is there anything louder than a teen when they are winning....

I can't imagine that it would be that noisy, typically. When we were at BWV a couple summers ago (July 2003), the thing that shocked me was that the Boardwalk for the most part rolled its sidewalks up before 10:30 pm and was an eerily quiet place for the most part after that time.

We just stayed at a BWV 1 BR Standard View.

NO noise whatsover....but, the room was a LONG walk from the lobby!

GREAT view though...we were able to see the Illuminations fireworks every night! (Room 3117)

CIMG2034.jpg

We were so happy with the place, we just booked a BWV Standard again for April 2006.

We found our room (right above the screen door, so low floor and close to the boats and games) to be noisy enough to notice, not noisy enough for big problem - i.e. once asleep it woke us up maybe once. The big noise is the fireworks, and I don't think it makes a difference where you are in the Epcot area - you will hear the fireworks (they woke us up staying at WL at the MK, too - and that isn't even that close).

A lot of it is going to depend on what you are used to. After living in the 'burbs, we found it noisy....compared to my parents place out in the relative "country" its really noisy. Compared to living in town - peaceful and quiet.

Hey Unixadm -- we were just down the hall in 3121. We loved the dedicated 1br and we had a huge balcony. In April the trees hadn't fully leafed out, and the view from Illuminations took us by surprise. Your pic is great!

Any view can have its moments of noise. Unless you guys are really light sleepers, it probalby wouldn't be a problem.

We have had a BW view twice both times on the 5th floor and did not have a problem with noise at all, if you had the patio doors closed as the others have said. You might put in a request for a higher floor. We always do this when we make the ressie and have always been given one of the top 2 floors.

We were on the third floor with a 5 and 8 year old, they never woke up from the noise. I did, once. It was St. Patty's day and the bar was closing, a few Irish, or not so Irish ;) , folks were leaving and really enjoyed their celebrating ;) ;) . Once they stumbled away all was quiet again and I was the only one to wake up and hear it. I am the light sleeper in the family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter