Question re: VGF Views

gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know - (or could you point me in the right direction for some info) - as to what what the different views/categories are/might be?
The difference between std view and lake view when renting points is substantial. However, if there is a good view of The Castle/Wishes it would be worth the increased cost, IMHO. I can’t figure out blueprints/drawings to save my life.
Planning on renting points @ VGF next Sept & have a little over a week to make up my mind as to which level to rent. Would love to be able to see the castle changing colors all night, if possible. I realize there won't be any overgrown vegetation and I know it won't be a dead-on view like at the Poly or CR - but I would just like to know what to expect in the way of a view.
So, if you have any info or advice, it will be much appreciated.
Thanks!

VGF doesn't have an MK view. Lake view is towards the Poly, standard from the front of the building is monorail and parking lot, from the side of the building is towards the GF.

:earsboy: Bill

When looking at the Google map, it looks like the GV will have a head on view of MK, but you're talking tons of points for them.

When looking at the Google map, it looks like the GV will have a head on view of MK, but you're talking tons of points for them.

FYI, the head on view that you are talking about are all grand villas and the MK is pretty far in the distance and might be blocked by the GF buildings.

FYI, the head on view that you are talking about are all grand villas and the MK is pretty far in the distance and might be blocked by the GF buildings.

It's is looking doubtful.

VGF-ViewofCastle2013-09-25at52528PM_zps889ce731.png

If you're not dead set on GFV the BLT theme park view lets you see the Castle changing colors. I've also had several lake view rooms that allowed us to see the Castle. And you can walk to MK from BLT which you can't do from GFV.

Your post makes it quite easy to see what I must have looked right through. Wishful seeing on my part, I guess.

I was thinking when we watched a you tube then other day, that you might be able to see Space Mountain from the GVs. So I added a line to SM.

What do you think? It looks promising to me--see yellow line.

VGF-ViewofCastle2013-09-25at52528PM_zpsa424ae31.png

Or perhaps some of the lakeview rooms might see it. But like DizneyNutz said it will be very small to a camera without a zoom lens.

You'll definitely be able to see Space Mountain from the Lake View rooms.
Instead of drawing an arrow from the GV's, move it to the right where the entire side is more east and can look out at the lake.
I think there's a chance those with a lakeview at the top of the T may be able to see the castle.

Those with rooms on the far left side of this pic may get a glimpse of the castle.

Here's Space Mountain in the far left of the pic from the walkway beside VGF.

I wish I would have thought to take a pic from the edge of the building facing the castle.......

Thanks to all who posted the overhead shots with arrows and the pictures. They are very helpful as I'm interested in what the views may be like as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter