Quickie: Why are some responders replys repeated as Quotes?

pbhunt

Mouseketeer
Quick question, When some people post a reply, another's reply is shown as a "quote". Some are quite lengthy. What is the purpose of this function? And are folks doing it accidentally or intentionally?:D

It is done intentionally to reference the portion of the thread to which they are responding. There can often be many replies in a post and people want to specifically address one statement or question.

&#91quote]This is text that I wish to quote in my reply on this thread&#91/quote]

Comes out looking like:

This is text that I wish to quote in my reply on this thread

Thanks for the speedy reply, Bob. It appears that it can be used more efficiently than the way people are using it, then . Some folks are "quoting" 4 or 5 paragraphs, entire posts, or single replies. I wondered what the point was. Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by pbhunt
...Some folks are "quoting" 4 or 5 paragraphs, entire posts, or single replies...

I usually do it if the user's post that I am responding to will not be right above my response. This way, the intended user will see my response and what they have typed to cause my response without having to scroll back to see what the heck I'm talking about.

In my response right now, I quoted only a portion of your post because that is what I am responding to.

Another way I respond using quotes is quoting someones post in sections. This is usually done when several questions are asked. This way, the user can see their question with my answer right below EACH one.

1. Why do you go to WDW?
Because I enjoy it there.

2. Have you stayed on-site?
Yes, many times.

Hope that helps,
Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter