Rabbit, Hatter & Chessie Go Rogue in Christmasland.New5/11 Meet my Nemesis, Splash M.

Wow... I'd better get moving and do an update on this TR... before it goes away into LockDown...:scared:

I didn't realize I'd been off the boards this long... looks like at least three weeks... It's been a little dicey kids, but things have come to a stable place... & like Dory says "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming..."

I'm going to get a short update on this TR today... by tonight and another short one on my PTR by tomorrow... I have to get my writing mojo back... so please excuse if I don't get around to all of your wonderful TRs right away today... I plan to completely catch up this week but I feel I really need to write and update to get back into the groove... hope I still have readers...:blush:

Hugs to All & HAPPY MOTHER's DAY as well...:grouphug:

Happy Mama's Day to you as well Patricia. So excited that you will be doing an update. I am looking forward to it! :thumbsup2

:hug:

((Hugs)) for your family.

Thanks and hugs right back at you...:hug:

:flower3:

Catching up a little at a time...

Good Plan...;)

this makes me laugh. one year all my photos were of me wearing sunglasses. I was happy. the next trip, Joe insisted I take off my shades and so there are these horrible pictures where my eyes tear up just remembering how bright the sun was in my eyes, or I'm making these awful squinty eyes. I'm sticking to sunglasses in the sun from now on!

I know... sigh Eric told me to take off my sunglasses too!!! (Because there are times when I have them on so much... but I have contacts... so you really get such a glare!!! I will wear my sunglasses when I wish to as well...::yes::

I think so too.
hmmmm as I read this I thought "isn't she wearing long sleeves, jeans and a pretty scarf?" must be chilly to be going on Khali!

and yes, you are!:rotfl2:

Yes indeed I am...:rolleyes2

You are a good mom--- I hate hate wet jeans. seriously. I love Khali but unless its well over 80 degrees, I save it for the last ride(s) of the day so that I don't have to wander in wet bottoms. ick.

We actually had such a great time and the laughs were actually worth the subsequent wet-jeans-sticking to me feeling -believe it or not... BUT I have learned my lesson... ;)

fun cheesy photos!! I love this walk and the walk over in Africa, though I usually have to pick one -- I can't get my family to chill out long enough to do two nature/animal walks in one day. This trip we'll be doing Asia again. Yey!!

Yep... You are totally in the right place if you're looking for the cheese factor...:goodvibes

love the tigers!!

They are beautiful, beautiful animals...

is it really tilt-a-whirl and tea-cup like spinny??? or is it just a little spinny when you are going fast around a corner??? it looks like fun, but the spinning leaves me feeling and looking quite green.

Hmm... that's hard to say cause I like both of those... I usually love to spin unless my allergies are acting up... and then I have an issue with my ears... to me-it's just a little spinny combined with the up and down drops... so I think it's fun and David ADORES it... Eric on the other hand who can do any coaster and ToT thinks it's awful... but he hates the tea cups... Give it a try once...take dramamine... and then you'll see what you think...:confused3

Nice!!! We all love Dinosaur!

So happy he liked it... had to trust my instinct on that one...

I'm tardy to the party but commenting anyway. I am quite randome with my DIS time (can you tell?) when I am not busy at work (like today) I can read and catch up. Also during sports practices I can catch up. But I try to login in at least once or twice a week.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Pretty darn tardy myself...:blush:
is this part of a ride? I always wonder --its so pretty![/CENTER]

what a great write up of Yak & YEti. They are on our list this trip-- our first trip there.

I think you're really going to love it...:goodvibes -pretend you're Marian from Indiana Jones...;)

I usually prefer to drink my dessert :rotfl2:

LOL... me too..;) do you think we should be worried??

and that Lost on Safari is with the Mojito for trying. maybe I can have two desserts???

Absolutely...:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

will try to read on, though these crazy people here at work seem to think I should actually be productive on a Friday afternoon. THE NERVE!

I know... it sounds like they have to get their priorities straight...:rotfl2:

Patricia,
Finally finished catching up, and we are watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. It reminded me of your commen about the second Indiana JOnes movie ....and I totally agree. worst casting ever for a "leading lady" :)

Seriously... awful...:(

A big congrats to your daughter!
I'm not surprised that all the walls came crumbling down after that -- its hard to hold up to all that stress for all of us. Hugs to you all for sticking together as a family and supporting each other. I have three nieces who are all in their first year of college this year -- the high school years (and middle school!) held some challenges for each of the, and some very major emotional challenges for one in particular. I hope she is feeling better now and ready to enjoy the "grand finales" of high school!

Thanks...:goodvibes She's resilient and she's got a lot going for her... so I think all will be good... Wow that's a lot of new stuff for your nieces as well, as you said each of those stages really does bring many new challenges...

I had to skip your new fantasyland photos for now. We are going to be there so soon that I want to be captivated, and not have photos fresh in my memory :) Good tip on the timing of BOG. Our friends' little girl REALLY want to go there so I know to get in line early even if it means splitting up and taking orders.

And with BoG-you can pull the menu offline so you know what you all want... ;)

Splash Mountain is my Nemesis...Yes, yes it is...

So... it's time to get this train moving...

After a fabulous lunch at BoG... it was time for a little IaSW

on our way to one of my all time favorite Disney attractions... The Haunted Mansion... This was the first time I had gone through the interactive queue and I thought it was clever and added a lot to the overall theming....HM is one of my absolute favorite attractions...

The stretch of the MK from HM through Liberty Square and past Frontier Land and Big Thunder Mountain till you hit Pirates just may be my most favorite part of the MK... it contains HM, BTMRR & Pirates which IMHO may just be the most quintessential traditional Disney experiences in any of the Parks. HM... I just love... just a little bit scary, great storytelling; BTMRR... great themed coaster... not too scary but with a definite zip to it... both of my kids "first real coaster ride..."; Sadly it was down this afternoon... we even had fast passes and everything...

& Pirates of course.. pirate: ...well nuff said.

However within this stretch of Disney Bliss is my own little personal ride nemisis.... Splash Mountain... (cue that music they play during Westerns... when the sheriff meets up with the bad guys...). I've read a lot of different trip reports and lots of different people have rides that may not be their favorites; for some it may be ToT or Space Mountain. Other people love the coasters but hate to spin and may be done in by the Tea Cups or the Astro Orbiters. For me it's "SPLASH MOUNTAIN".

I'm sure you are probably scratching your head thinking... Splash? That's so cute-animals, music, fun drop, etc. But I see it a bit differently. First a couple of disclaimers... 1. I ride it. Mainly I ride it because my family rides it and I want to be with them so in their memories... they don't remember me as the curmudgeon who didn't ride Splash and 2. I keep hoping that I change my outlook on it...

Here' s my issue: Log flumes in general freak me out if I think about them too much. I mean you're in a log... without much in the way of being strapped in, secured, etc. and you're basically being thrown over the top of a mini mountain. Think about it. It's disturbing. Intellectually I understand the physics of the thing... and that you're ok- but emotionally... it just seems wrong. Also Splash specifically is so deceptive... you've got so much cute theming and music ... it's all cute, cute, cute, happy, happy, happy and then you see that dark tunnel with the conveyor belt lifting you towards the top, you have the creep vultures cackling... it's just so wrong!

(Awesome... Huh... love my coloring... I look like I belong in either in the Haunted Mansion or with the Snow People at Blizzard Beach... notice my husband and son look blissed out...)

So those are my feelings... they're probably a bit crazy... but well we all have our own eccentricities... and I guess that's mine. One one dark Disney shame. I'm kind of freaked and and scared of Splash Mountain.... but I won't let it get the better of me... so I continue to do it each time... It's me versus Splash and I refuse to let it win...​

I was wondering about you! Glad to see you back :goodvibes

MK is my favourite park, and I couldn't pick a favourite attraction, but you posted about some of the best ones!

I agree with you that they did a nice job with the new HM queue. It is really cute and a nice way to keep you busy while you wait.

I completely understand your fear about Splash. I do ride that one with minimal issues, but I am a huge ride wimp so I know how it feels to be irrationally afraid :rotfl2:

Yeah, you are back...we've missed you around here.

Fun update...and I totally hear you on the whole Splash Mountain thing. I love the ride, but it freaks me out at the same time.

I wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day.

YAY !! Glad you are back !! Looking forward to more updates. I have a love/hate relationship with Splash as well. But is has more to do with getting wet than the drop which doesn't bother me at all.

Susan

Perfect timing for a new update! I just got over here to catch up! I have a love hate relationship with Splash too... I really like the theming & love anything with a drop, but I hate getting a big splash of water in the face! But in April I finally did it... took the drop without hiding my face!

By the way... I have started a TR for my April trip. Hope you can make it over.

Now off to get caught up on your PTR...

Happy Mother's Day!

Well I do love Splash, but Tower of Terror is my own nemesis. You're a braver woman than I -- I won't conquer ToT ever again! It won! Good for you for fighting against your fears!

Happy Mother's Day!

You are much braver than I am! I don't think I could ever keep going on my personal least favorite ride, I'm just too much of a chicken! :rotfl:
However, I completely see where you are coming from with not liking Splash. I remember going on it the first time, thinking, "We only get a lap bar?! Have they not seen the drop?!?!" And to add such perky music is unnerving.

I think the most emotional-wracking part of it for me is all those fake drops. My emotions get to psyched out that by the end I'm just begging for the big one to come so it can be over.

So even though I do enjoy the ride (it's nowhere near my favorite, though) I get where you're coming from. As an aside, I agree with you 100% on that stretch of MK being the best. If I had to pick one place for a newbie Disney visitor to visit, I'd tell them Liberty Square all the way through Adventureland. I mean, how can you get more Disney than HM, Pirates, Thunder, etc?

Happy Mother's Day!!

Ah, Haunted Mansion, how I love thee! And Pirates, too, of course...my favorite is which ever one I'm in line for at the moment! :rotfl:

I get you on Splash...I mean I enjoy Splash, but that's the way I feel about RnR because of the whole going upside down thing. I don't love being inverted. :sad2: Kudos to you for riding your nemesis...I will find a way to get out of riding RnR if I can!

Been the most horrible Dis er ever...

but as I'm just a tad OCD...

and I have a vaca coming up in less than 3weeks...

(Have no idea how that happened ....:scared1::scared1:)

I need to finish this up...

But First I need to get the mojo going by catching up on my subs... and get the writing juices flowing...:moped:

Back soon...

Hey Patricia! Nice to see you back on ...Its been harder and harder to find DIS time, and summer makes it even more challenging.

LOL that Splash is your nemesis. I LOVE log flume rides. I know there is something a bit freaky about that big old love cresting the top of the hill but I just love that splash at the bottom. Nice that you keep riding with the family despite your nemesis. Moms, its what we do right?

Hope you have a good vacation coming up!!!

Hey Mary Ellen...

Long time for me to reply...;) sorry about that...:sad2:

Yes me and Splash... kind of like Captain Ahab and Moby Dick...;)

I did have a lovely time and hope to do a TR but first finish this up... (quickly... I think I'll do a stream of conscious thing... and then onward and upward...):thumbsup2

I've been wondering about you! I'm finally back on the boards, but I haven't seen you around much. I hope that things are going well and we get to see some updates from you soon :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter