Radisson Shuttle at end of cruise?

Samsma

DIS Veteran
If you're planning to park at the Radisson for your cruise, how long will it take to get the shuttle back to the Radisson? Would it be better to be one of the first off, or one of the last to immediately get a ride back to the Radisson? Do they have several running?

What we're planning to do is have only 1 person (DH) ride the shuttle back to the Radisson to pick up our car. Since it is only about 3 miles back to the terminal, the rest of us will wait at the terminal with the luggage for him to return and pick us up - less stress all around.

I have read some posts about the "circus" trying to get a party with luggage and kids in-tow together onto that return shuttle (and the shuttle going there during embarkation too). We figured it would be less of a hassle if only one person had to fight their way on - and he is very capable.

For that matter, we may just do the same at embarkation, let DH drop us off at the terminal, then him return to the Radisson to park and ride the shuttle to ship!

BD -- thanks for the laugh!

My DH went and fetched my sister's car from the Radisson while my sister and I relaxed on a bench outside the cruise terminal. UH OH!!!! But hopefully he didn't resent it too much. I don't think he wanted to wait a long time and deal with the hassle of all of our luggage on one of those shuttles! At least that's the story I'm going with...

If my DH drops us at the terminal and then goes back to the Radisson to catch the shuttle, can I check him in or will he need his license and birth certificate to get into the terminal?

it didn't seem to matter when you got there it was not very organized and the more aggressive got on first ,we gave up and took a cab back to the radisson and even though we still stay at the hotel we now chose to park at the port. just my experience others may not agree.

We were ready once they announced the ship was clear to disembark. So we literally walked off the ship it seemed by ourselves, through customs with a porter, and straight to the delta baggage check line. We had a later flight 4pm and decided to get rid of the luggage, and spend the day at the Raddison. We just walked up to the shuttle and asked the guy if he could take us, he said sure we hopped in and were at the hotel in 10 minutes. I don't wear a watch but I'm pretty sure we were off the ship at 8:30 and at the Radisson by 9:00. It couldn't have been simpler.

Laughing boy[/QUOTE]

rofl.gif
perhaps your ex enjoys it as much as you!

Nah GenieDana, based upon the circumstances, THAT'S not even a possibility...

Looking back it would have been so much easier for DH to hop onto the shuttle and then come back with our vehicle to pick me and the luggage up, but we didn't do it that way. When we got off the ship we could see a line of people in front of a Radisson shuttle so we joined in. Of course it was full before getting to us, and there were maybe half a dozen other small groups in front of us too that didn't make it on. So we just stood there waiting for the next shuttle which didn't arrive for about 30 more minutes, and that shuttle driver didn't come up to us, he parked in another area and people who hadn't been waiting as long as us got to get on. One of the ladies in front of us went over to complain to the driver, but he just shrugged his shoulders and basically ignored her. A group of us decided to take a different shuttle, I think it was called TraveLeisure or something like that. It was $3 a person, but worth it not to have to wait any longer.

it didn't seem to matter when you got there it was not very organized and the more aggressive got on first ,we gave up and took a cab back to the radisson and even though we still stay at the hotel we now chose to park at the port. just my experience others may not agree.
I don't doubt this happened to you at all......I'm sure it's quite possible.
Our experience with the Radisson shuttle this past November was a positive one. The porter took our luggage out to the parking lot to a waiting hotel van. The shuttle driver loaded all of our bags into the back of the van while we loaded our family of six into our seats. It was about a 10 min drive back to the hotel. We'd use them again, but the idea of sending only one person back to the Radisson works well too, I'd think. My question though, would be if one chooses this option, where do they ask the porter to leave the luggage ? Out in the same parking lot ?

MiaSRN62 - The porter walked us out in front of the terminal and unloaded our bags right next to the curb so they'd be right there when my DH returned with the car. Then my sister and I waited on a nearby bench where we could keep and eye on our luggage, and my DH went off to catch the Radisson shuttle without bringing any bags with him. :)

MiaSRN62 - The porter walked us out in front of the terminal and unloaded our bags right next to the curb so they'd be right there when my DH returned with the car. Then my sister and I waited on a nearby bench where we could keep and eye on our luggage, and my DH went off to catch the Radisson shuttle without bringing any bags with him.
Thanks MrsPotatoHead......this is good to know. We might just try it this way next time. It's one less step of loading and unloading the luggage :cool:

How much IS a cab from the port to the Radisson, and are there many if any cabs waiting at the port when the ship unloads?
Cheers,
Grumbo

That might be the easiest way to go. If the shuttle times don't suit us, we could just take a cab each way. Great idea!

Hi Mia...Maybe we'll see you at Vistana, we check in on the 8th.

Joanna

Hi mariamard
Yes it is Castaway Cay. It was taken in early March of this year. I had gone back to the ship in the afternoon and was taking some photos and that is actually 7 photographs "stitched" together and then reduced big time for the sig file :)
Yep it IS a beautifuly place. We're really looking forward to our next trip :)
Cheers,
Grumbo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter