READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is BG given at random or if you’re the first to get a BG you'll get a lower one?

It is the order you request to join a BG but with so many people trying at the same time and just knowing how it could be coded with multiple servers involved and how your request gets queued, etc it may seem a bit random as three people could try at the exact same time and get like 15, 27, and 48 or something.

But like today if you try right at 7 you will get an earlier BG than someone who didn't get there until 7:10

I tapped in right at 6:30, got my BG at 7 on the dot and got group 9, which was called right as I reached GE, so I walked straight on. They sent us through the FP line since we were the first ones there. I ended up riding with only two other people because no one else had made it there yet! Absolutely incredible, and definitely a once-in-a-lifetime chance to have a nearly-private ride! And now I'm off to Islands of Adventure for Hagrid's and I should easily make Rope Drop for that, too!
nice!! What time did they open Patk this am?

Makes sense. So guess I have my plans set for tomm. Wake up at 5. Get ready. Feed baby 1 and back in crib. Head to lobby and grab Uber by 545 so I can get there early and through bag check. 😶
Pfff. I read your post too quickly and began to make way too many assumptions about your extreme fandom. I guess it goes without saying that adult #2 will hang back at the room. What with baby and crib and all.:D

Last edited:
Any reports of how bag check as been? I see most are going through with no bags, but that won't be possible for us. How much time should I allocate for that?

Pfff. I read your post too quickly and began to make way too many assumptions about your extreme fandom. I guess it goes without saying that adult #2 will hang back at the room. What with baby and crib and all.

Lol yes mom will be in room watching the 2 kids sleeping while she gets ready.

Any reports of how bag check as been? I see most are going through with no bags, but that won't be possible for us. How much time should I allocate for that?
It doesn't really matter as bag check opens about 30 minutes before they open the park. So they've been opening bag check around 6am and keep everyone in the courtyard until the park opens, which has been happening around 6:25. You need to be inside the park by 7. (Current opening time)
So for bag check i would say allocate 10 minutes

I just got Boarding Group 9! Which would have me excited, but I was planning to go rope drop Islands of Adventure for Hagrid's, assuming I would have a higher number. I guess I should have intentionally waited 30 seconds or so, especially since I'm solo, so I didn't have to click on anyone else for my party. But I'll certainly take it! And it's already open, and I'm one of the first in, so I might still make both rides! We'll see!
Hi! We came to universal last night and they told me that Hagrid’s ride usually doesn’t open at rope drop time! Usually later in the day!? I don’t know if that’s wrong but just FYI! Have fun!

I'll wait for the backup bg to be all done and give you the stats. This is the last time I'll be checking morning operations so after today you're going to have to read back on reports or wake up in time to see the numbers unfold
may I ask how you have access to all this data? So cool!!

Hi! We came to universal last night and they told me that Hagrid’s ride usually doesn’t open at rope drop time! Usually later in the day!? I don’t know if that’s wrong but just FYI! Have fun!
That is wrong. Two days my family was walking through the line at 8:50. They opened the park early both days at 8:45. Best time to ride it.

The park has been opening 40 minutes before opening time so the breakfast won't really give you any advantage
See page 1 post 2 for the current chart with all the info, also post one explains how to join bg
Except they will be seated at a table enjoying breakfast and not stranding around waiting outside...
;)

may I ask how you have access to all this data? So cool!!
Mostly from waking up before park opens and looking on the app. You can see when BG go live, when and which BG number is called first, when they end regular BG and backup BG. Then the opening times I get from people reporting here and on the HUB
We are going in May, do you think they will still be have boarding groups then? The park will open at 9am
No one knows how long they plan to keep this system. It is working pretty well for Disney so as long as they need it. DL is opening next week with the same system. Definitely keep checking the schedule as that might change and these boards

Except they will be seated at a table enjoying breakfast and not stranding around waiting outside...
;)
well yeah, I was just saying in case they are doing this breakfast (one of the worst reviewed) just for the opportunity to join a BG, then that's not really needed
You can also be seated at a table enjoying Starbucks :D

well yeah, I was just saying in case they are doing this breakfast (one of the worst reviewed) just for the opportunity to join a BG, then that's not really needed
You can also be seated at a table enjoying Starbucks :D
Wow , we loved it there, granted it was for Dinner and 4 years back!

That is wrong. Two days my family was walking through the line at 8:50. They opened the park early both days at 8:45. Best time to ride it.
Thank you! We will try tomorrow! I was watching the app yesterday and there were times when the line was 60 mins so they are going to try and get on tomorrow.

I'll wait for the backup bg to be all done and give you the stats. This is the last time I'll be checking morning operations so after today you're going to have to read back on reports or wake up in time to see the numbers unfold
You’ve been warned folks 🤣

I’ll keep doing the chart but it’ll only be as good as the data shared here. And me + waking up before 9am isn’t gonna happen 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter