READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried at 7:01 and it already showed I was joining a backup

Edited to add: tomorrow is my only day to ride. Itā€™s kind of scary that I had backups a minute before others reporting here. Hopefully itā€™s no issue with my phone/service šŸ˜¬

It could just be a matter of a split second in the difference between when you clicked and got back up at 7:01 and others clicked and got 7:02. I doubt it was a full minute.

Would you go to HS on Thursday May 28th (no EMH at this point) or Sunday with EMH? I canā€™t decide if a weekday without EMH would be a better bet with crowds. I believe kids in the area are just finishing up with school about this time. Sole purpose is to ride ROTR.

if your sole purpose is to ride ROTR, I donā€™t think it makes much, if any, difference. If current trends continue, there will be enough people there at opening to snap up all the initial boarding groups within a minute and the backup BGs shortly after. As long as youā€™re there in time to participate In the opening ā€œlotteryā€ your chances of getting a BG and getting a ride will be very high. The biggest potential roadblock would be ride breakdowns, and that could happen anytime.

Bump - to refresh do you men up swipe and kill the app or hit the ā€œ<ā€œ to go back a page and then hit ā€œFind out Moreā€again ?

I will try to answer your question but the fact is different people have had success with both methods described
What I would do (and will do) is if the Join Boarding Group is not res, hit "my status" and see if the "join boarding group" button is active there. If not, go back a screen and check again. If after a few tries it isn't lit and I hear cheers from others having gotten in I will kill the app and restart

From practicing at home, the "going back and forth b/w "my status" page and the first info page" method seems to work fine but if not in the "real fake world" then I will kill the app if need be

I tried at 7:01 and it already showed I was joining a backup

Edited to add: tomorrow is my only day to ride. Itā€™s kind of scary that I had backups a minute before others reporting here. Hopefully itā€™s no issue with my phone/service šŸ˜¬
Remember that a low backup number is as good as a regular bg number. They have been getting through a lot of backups. You'll be fine

Theoretically, could you scan your magic band to enter the park when the turnstiles open (say 6:30a), leave the park immediately, walk back to your room at the boardwalk, and join a boarding group from bed at 7?
Not just theoretically. Many people on this thread have reported doing this. If you got an early BG #, though, you'd have to turn around and go right back, especially now that it seems the early groups are given a 1-hour return window.

BG 99. I panicked after planning and practicing for weeks. I feel like a failure. I deselected people I meant to select, I had 6 people trying and apps were freezing. I had 45, but with the wrong people, and then somehow my husband got my right group of 99. My sister and her family got 125 and they added them to our group of 7. It's ok though. We feel strong with the force today.

Kinda wish Disney would implement a limit to number of times a guest can ride (ie: 1x per week, or 1x per 30 days). Seems as though this would help everyone get a chance to ride on their vacation. If all of the boarding groups are gone in 1 minute, something needs to change...

My sister and her family are headed down in 2 weeks and they have 1 day at HS. Her son is an UBER Star Wars fan. They only go to Disney every five years. Seems so frustrating that if her cell phone isn't fast enough, they won't get to ride at all.

Kinda wish Disney would implement a limit to number of times a guest can ride (ie: 1x per week, or 1x per 30 days). Seems as though this would help everyone get a chance to ride on their vacation. If all of the boarding groups are gone in 1 minute, something needs to change...

My sister and her family are headed down in 2 weeks and they have 1 day at HS. Her son is an UBER Star Wars fan. They only go to Disney every five years. Seems so frustrating that if her cell phone isn't fast enough, they won't get to ride at all.
The key factor is them being in the park before it opens. If they are trying for a group right at official park opening, they should have no problem scoring a regular group or backup that is low enough they will most likely ride.

This was already discussed, kind of a dead topic at this point. Everyone who gets there in time for open has the same exact chance to ride. I'm sure if you or they were there and rode it once you would want the chance to ride it again too, and if they did this you wouldn't be able to. People kind of shoot themselves in the foot wishing for implementation of these kind of procedures.

Iā€™m a little surprised backups are still open.
ā€œ I feel like a failure. I deselected people I meant to selectā€....thatā€™s exactly why Iā€™m taking anyone off my list that isnā€™t in our group the days we go. Iā€™d do the same thing! Iā€™ve done it more times than I can count making FPā€™s.

Question about selecting all in party for BG.

I am thinking I'm going to remove everyone not going with us in March, there are 6 not going. (IF BG situation stays as is)

My question is what about the little ones who will be with us? Can I do "Select all" even tho one is under 3, so no ticket, no scan, and the 3 yr old wont be tall enough to ride-?
Or will I still need to select only those riding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter