READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can now do most on the app
Go to profile
go to Family and Friends list
click on the name of someone you want to remove and hit remove from my list
I have been able to take 5 people off and one that won't let me, fr whatever reason. So it's worth the try from home on the app

Thank you for posting this!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

My daughter's ex boyfriend has been on my list for years and I was finally able to remove him easily.:rotfl::rotfl:

If there is Extra Magic Hours on your Hollywood Studios day, can you tap in then or do you have to wait until the park opens to everyone? I am going May 31st and EMH start at 8. Sorry if this has already been asked.

What time did you catch the bus from CBR? Staying there in 2 weeks- Thanks

Bright Suns! Great experience yesterday in Batuu. The family (myself, my wife, and our 5 y.o. son) decided we were going make yesterday all about Star Wars. Got up early and caught the bus from CBR to DHS, and arrived a little after 6. Made it through the sea of humanity and security and walked down Sunset Boulevard to hit RNRC. Shut off the wifi and crossed our fingers, and when the clock struck seven punched the button.... BG 22! We were initially called around 9:30, but the ride went down while we were in line. We were given fast passes, came back and rode without issue around 11. All I can say is wow... I was prepared to be impressed, but that was next level amazing. Made the early morning totally worth it. The cherry on top of the day was a lightsaber build, which was more akin to a religious sacrament than a retail shopping experience. Pricey, but highly recommended if you can swing it. My son told me that yesterday was the best day of his life. That's
This is not true. Everyone has to be tapped into the park to get a boarding group.
Your first day at HS sounds amazing!

Go to profile
I have been able to take 5 people off and one that won't let me, fr whatever reason. So it's worth the try from home on the app
Repeating an earlier question:
Do you need to go thru the email exchange again to put them back on your list?

If there is Extra Magic Hours on your Hollywood Studios day, can you tap in then or do you have to wait until the park opens to everyone? I am going May 31st and EMH start at 8. Sorry if this has already been asked.

They’ve moved all the morning EMH to evening so far with the exception of the first one that was a mess. Although nobody knows, my guess is while BG are being used EMH are all slowly switched to evening.

As of now, they aren’t operating the ride during EMH.

Go to profile
I have 1 that I can’t remove either. I’m not sure what this one is, I call it my ghost friend. I have him on my family list, then for some reason on my friends list with a different icon and he just won’t go away from the friends list! lol I’ll call before we leave and get it taken care of.

I just wanna say - since I’m in the midst of last-minute prep for our long weekend trip that begins this Friday - I’m a wee bit jealous of everyone who’s able to practice at 7 am (I live in California). On the up side, however, it turns out insomnia is good for something.

I just wanna say - since I’m in the midst of last-minute prep for our long weekend trip that begins this Friday - I’m a wee bit jealous of everyone who’s able to practice at 7 am (I live in California). On the up side, however, it turns out insomnia is good for something.

Its 6 AM my time, so I used the Disneyland app to practice yesterday :). Much more reasonable time lol.

Here's our experience from yesterday, Sunday 1/26. It's a little long, I'm sorry.
Here's where I'm a little worried.
She scanned my MB, and then had me fill out a carbon form with all my information, and then she gave me a piece of HS GET notepaper with my name, show id, 5 anytime passes to RotR written on it. She said that she didn't have the capability at her station to enter the information, they would do it later when at a proper terminal. We were to bring that paper back to GS tomorrow and they could give us/link our passes. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm a little worried.

Even with not being able to ride RotR we had an amazing day. That being said we will try at least 2 more times on out trip.

I'm curious - did this work out for you? Did you get your anytime passes? I hope so!

We are at 23 at 9am, any guess when 99 would be called? I have 1:50pm ogas, 3:30 droids and 5:05 light saber reservations. I'm thinking we should try to do our droids and lightsabers earlier?
Droids you'll be able to move/adjust fairly easily. Savi's not so much. Your reservation is for a slot in a specific show time. IF there are other shows with openings today they may be able to move you but if all shows are full, they can't. You'll have to go to that specific time slot. With a 2 hour return time, it won't be hard to work around Savi's no matter when you are called.

We are at 23 at 9am, any guess when 99 would be called? I have 1:50pm ogas, 3:30 droids and 5:05 light saber reservations. I'm thinking we should try to do our droids and lightsabers earlier?
With an average of 10 BG per hour ; I predict BG99 between 4 and 5.
Good luck with all your plans.

Wish I could take everyone off my list for next week. But I have a hotel res in April with 4 others, so I have to keep them on.

I’m a little surprised backups are still open.
“ I feel like a failure. I deselected people I meant to select”....that’s exactly why I’m taking anyone off my list that isn’t in our group the days we go. I’d do the same thing! I’ve done it more times than I can count making FP’s.

good reminder to me that I still need to do this - I was able to remove some people but others it says I cannot as they have active plans (even though they don't and haven't in several years) so I need to find time to call

One question... A fellow traveler in Batuu told us that you could join a boarding group from the area between security screening and the tapstiles. Anyone here try that and have luck one way or the other?
The very first day that the ride opened there were reports of people being able to get a boarding group before they tapped into the park. Disney closed that loophole promptly, I think the next day. :)

Would you go to HS on Thursday May 28th (no EMH at this point) or Sunday with EMH? I can’t decide if a weekday without EMH would be a better bet with crowds. I believe kids in the area are just finishing up with school about this time. Sole purpose is to ride ROTR.

I would choose Thursday because Sundays have had bigger crowds than a weekday. :)

Last edited:
One thing I will say about today that calms me a bit is even though it went to backups at 7:02 it felt like an eternity in the scheme of how things, so barring a connection/app failure it does seem like it should be enough time to grab a BG if you are in the park. (she says, hopefully, knowing how unlikely she is to get her whole family to walk over to HS at 6AM in the dark...)

I think that is where practicing at home can help ... when you think about all the steps you meay have to take (refreshing, going back and forth, selecting people in your group once the button turns red, etc.) it can make it seem like "no way I can get all that done in a minute!" .... but when you practice you find that literally akes like 20 secs so unless you really have some IT issues (which absolutely can happen) it really should be enough time to get a BG as long as you are 100% ready to go by park opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter