READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming to say thanks to all that have posted their experiences on this thread. We followed advice we read here and were amazingly successful!

We got boarding groups last Friday, and then Monday, Tuesday, and today (Wednesday). All of those days we (hubby and I) were pulling up to the parking plaza at 7:30ish, and through the tapstiles by 7:50ish.

All days we walked straight to Sunset Blvd and planted ourselves in the alley on the right where the restrooms are. We used the method where we had our MDE app open ahead of time, and our clock app (with the seconds showing), and nothing else. At 7:59:55 we switched over from the clock app to MDE, counting down the last 5 seconds in our heads, and pushed the "find out more" button on the stroke of 8:00.

Hubby used data every day and I used the wifi because I had no choice - my phone is old and jacked up and won't get data any more, so I had to rely on the wifi, but all 4 days it was me who got in first, and I got BG14 on Friday, 15 on Monday, 4 on Tuesday, and 2 today! With my cheap, banged up, janky old Moto phone on the wifi. Which to me, is such a testament to the effectiveness of this method.

On two of those days (guess which - Friday and Wednesday! 🤣) we had significant waits in line while the ride was down, but the other two days were a fast walk on. We had the full experience all 4 times, and LOVED it!

So thanks again, we could never have done it without you guys!

I’m not really worried about the day of the week. I’m more worried about being anywhere near the poster earlier today that said both days they were there everyone around them got a BG in the 90’s. 😂

Kidding, kidding. Ok, back on topic.

Anyone bolting from the Princess 5k or 10k over to DHS next week?
Me! I think...I am trying not to be so tied to it that I don't enjoy the race, but ideally we will head to HS to get a BG before heading back to BCV to shower and get dressed for the day. I want to have two days to try for BGs and we are only there three nights.

A Tuesday can be bad too. I was there on January 21 when Rise was broken for the first 7 hours!
So was I. Then they jammed everyone in at the end. Serpentine line outside of the regular queue and CMs constantly saying “please fill in all available space”. We were back Friday of that week, the 24th, had BG 34 and was off the ride before 10.

A couple members in our family are not early risers or big Star Wars fans and may elect to bypass the ROTR “lottery”. We are all linked on only one MDE Account. I have read where it is advantageous to unlink anyone not trying to get a boarding pass from the MDE account ahead of park opening to make the process quicker, but if I do, will the others lose their FP+ for later in the day, or will they reappear if I add them back after we get our boarding passes? Anyone with experience with something like this?
Merged you to the proper thread

I’m not really worried about the day of the week. I’m more worried about being anywhere near the poster earlier today that said both days they were there everyone around them got a BG in the 90’s. 😂

my wife is running the 5K - but we aren't doing a park after that ... Disney Springs and then dinner over at Give Kids the World (she is on their Race team)

Yep! I’m doing the 5k then heading over. We are leaving that afternoon to start our drive home but the kids (and I) want to spend half the day at DHS.

Going to stay at Coronado next week, can you tell me how the buses worked for you heading to the parks? I noticed that there are 4 stops and was wondering how full the HS bus was by the last stop (assuming the lobby building is the last stop) before heading to the HS park.

The bus that we were on was crowded with several standing but could have fit a few more. I saw a HS bus at 6:20 also but we did not want to go that early. I will tell you that there were no bus times on the app and the board at the bus stop was not accurate with the times so don’t count on those times.

If you don’t mind, would you report back? There are some reports from a while ago that GET would only put the whole party in the later BG. But other reports of them moving the party to the earlier BG. I’m curious if it’s better to continue and get there earlier Group for those that you can or back out and try again to see if yo

We went to the GET and we were told that the 2 members of our party who were in the later BG would now be able to board at any time. The 2 members happened to be children (5&8). When we boarded with BG 44 they had no problems tapping in.

The experience was amazing and we are likely to repeat it if we can on this trip. The process would have been much more stressful without the input and info from so many on this thread. Thank you to all for the tips and information.

A couple members in our family are not early risers or big Star Wars fans and may elect to bypass the ROTR “lottery”. We are all linked on only one MDE Account. I have read where it is advantageous to unlink anyone not trying to get a boarding pass from the MDE account ahead of park opening to make the process quicker, but if I do, will the others lose their FP+ for later in the day, or will they reappear if I add them back after we get our boarding passes? Anyone with experience with something like this?

I definitely would not unlink anyone who is on the trip with you. I think you would probably lose their FPs. Not work the risk.

I deleted everyone on my list who is not on our upcoming trip, but that is because they will not be there at all. I'm keeping the remaining 8 who will be on this trip, even if not all of them get up in time to get into a Boarding Group.

This is really a minor, minor item, but it has been bugging me.

I keep reading that everyone taps on "Find out More"

But when I tap on the picture above "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - Access by Boarding Group" it seems to go to the same next page as the "Find out More" link goes to.

And......I can do this without having to scroll down a bit to the "Find Out More" link.

Now I realize this probably saves only about .05 seconds, but... in this heated competition, that could be a difference between sometning like BG 15 and BG 45, no?

So I'm wondering why I don't see anyone saying, Just tap on the picture.

This is really a minor, minor item, but it has been bugging me.

I keep reading that everyone taps on "Find out More"

But when I tap on the picture above "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - Access by Boarding Group" it seems to go to the same next page as the "Find out More" link goes to.

And......I can do this without having to scroll down a bit to the "Find Out More" link.

Now I realize this probably saves only about .05 seconds, but... in this heated competition, that could be a difference between sometning like BG 15 and BG 45, no?

So I'm wondering why I don't see anyone saying, Just tap on the picture.
Haha, it never occurred to me to just click the entire photo. Of course, on my phone screen the find out more is visible without scrolling, so it isn’t a big deal, but that’s a very good observation. Makes me wonder how many times I missed the actual button and didn’t know it, since it goes to the same next screen anyway!

I definitely would not unlink anyone who is on the trip with you. I think you would probably lose their FPs. Not work the risk.

I deleted everyone on my list who is not on our upcoming trip, but that is because they will not be there at all. I'm keeping the remaining 8 who will be on this trip, even if not all of them get up in time to get into a Boarding Group.
100% agree! I would not unlink anyone I have active plans with now. I removed all but 5 people, but there were at least 16 on my list and only 4 of us were going. If we go together in the future (which is the plan), I'll link back up with them.

Haha, it never occurred to me to just click the entire photo. Of course, on my phone screen the find out more is visible without scrolling, so it isn’t a big deal, but that’s a very good observation. Makes me wonder how many times I missed the actual button and didn’t know it, since it goes to the same next screen anyway!
My DW pressed the picture both times we got BGs. We were under 10 both times. I was pressing my status and could never join.

Practice from home this morning. Was able to toggle through multiple times. Backup groups popped up exactly at 8:01:02 for me - this is according to my Apple Watch which I was watching while toggling back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter