READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been practicing at home for several weeks. This morning was the first time my whole party didn't show up. This is my question. If that happens in the park I will move forward with selecting those who did show up (myself and my son) and join a boarding group. My daughter will be trying simultaneously on her phone with my MDE account. Let's say seconds after I secure a boarding group for myself and my son she gets in- will it only show those not already in a boarding group (herself and my other son) or will it let her select all and join a boarding group and then tell her that two of those people are already in a boarding group?

(FYI.. this was also the first morning I was late opening app and did it at 8 and a couple seconds, all other times I had app already open )

Based on our limited sample size from today, we have as much as a 46 second range at which we went to backups. But I assume we all hit the "Find Out More"/picture right at the point where our individual phones said 8:00. For someone like @Feberin who would have been cut off after 34 seconds of trying, should you be trying 26 seconds earlier? (Which is crazy to think since you were using time.gov - what could be more official than that?). But then @PrincessWithABlaster, did you truly get 80 seconds worth of opportunity? Like, could you have secured one right at 8:00:00 all the way through 8:01:20? My head is spinning... 🤯
just a reminder that the cut out for regular bg matters very little if you are there attempting at 8am. You will get a bg and most likely get to ride, even with a backup.
This reminder is especially for first time readers that might not understand a backup doesn't neccessarily mean you won't ride, as everyone can see from the chart

I have been practicing at home for several weeks. This morning was the first time my whole party didn't show up. This is my question. If that happens in the park I will move forward with selecting those who did show up (myself and my son) and join a boarding group. My daughter will be trying simultaneously on her phone with my MDE account. Let's say seconds after I secure a boarding group for myself and my son she gets in- will it only show those not already in a boarding group (herself and my other son) or will it let her select all and join a boarding group and then tell her that two of those people are already in a boarding group?

(FYI.. this was also the first morning I was late opening app and did it at 8 and a couple seconds, all other times I had app already open )
yes if at the park grab a bg with the people you see, then go to GET CM and explain that the rest of your group, who are in the park, didn't show up

Based on our limited sample size from today, we have as much as a 46 second range at which we went to backups. But I assume we all hit the "Find Out More"/picture right at the point where our individual phones said 8:00. For someone like @Feberin who would have been cut off after 34 seconds of trying, should you be trying 26 seconds earlier? (Which is crazy to think since you were using time.gov - what could be more official than that?). But then @PrincessWithABlaster, did you truly get 80 seconds worth of opportunity? Like, could you have secured one right at 8:00:00 all the way through 8:01:20? My head is spinning... 🤯
To the best of my ability to tell, yes. It let me go through all the steps at 8:01;00. When I hit the back button, the text for backups showed up. It’s possible that it would have given me a backup group even though it didn’t say it when I clicked and I did not get the warning textbox that I was getting a backup. By all indications I was able to get through the wickets twice without backup warnings in the time other people were seeing backups. But again, it’s very possible I would have gotten a number that was in backups anyway.

Or there is something to this. But to test anything out, we’d need someone willing to go to the park and try to get aBG but not care if they don’t. Probably not a lot of people willing to do that. :rotfl2:

yes if at the park grab a bg with the people you see, then go to GET CM and explain that the rest of your group, who are in the park, didn't show up
I guess what I'm wondering is if two of us are trying and all people show up for my daughter will it let her select all including those of us who are already in a boarding group (the ones that I just secured a boarding group for) or will it only let her move forward if she selects the two who are not. I know it will be chaotic at the time and I want to prepare her for every scenario.

just a reminder that the cut out for regular bg matters very little if you are there attempting at 8am. You will get a bg and most likely get to ride, even with a backup.
This reminder is especially for first time readers that might not understand a backup doesn't neccessarily mean you won't ride, as everyone can see from the chart
While I normally agree with you, I would be willing to bet a million bucks that there were people who were there at opening who got shut out. If they had issues with their phones, the backups went so quick they were probably out of luck. If this becomes the norm, I hope they hire more guest services CMs because there are going to be some irate customers.

I guess what I'm wondering is if two of us are trying and all people show up for my daughter will it let her select all including those of us who are already in a boarding group (the ones that I just secured a boarding group for) or will it only let her move forward if she selects the two who are not. I know it will be chaotic at the time and I want to prepare her for every scenario.
if people already joined a bg then another person cannot have them join again. She will get an error message. Everyone should be trying for everyone at the same time to avoid that. Then whoever gets it first will know

I would normally agree with you, but with backups being gone in a matter of minutes today...that's alarming and I'm guessing there were some people there at opening that did not get a group.

While I normally agree with you, I would be willing to bet a million bucks that there were people who were there at opening who got shut out. If they had issues with their phones, the backups went so quick they were probably out of luck. If this becomes the norm, I hope they hire more guest services CMs because there are going to be some irate customers.
I apologize then, how fast did it book up today?

I've never heard of the red box warning but everything else seems ordinary

I'll take a screen shot of it next time. I didn't know how to do that until I looked it up. But if it happens again, at least I'll be able to post it.

I would normally agree with you, but with backups being gone in a matter of minutes today...that's alarming and I'm guessing there were some people there at opening that did not get a group.
In this case if you do encounter a problem and you were there at opening time go see a GET.

Something that might be helpful to do, if you do encounter an issue with the app from 8:00 to 8:02 (2 minutes of park opening) is screenshot it. I'm sure GET are getting all sorts of stories about not being able to join but with a screenshot with a time on it they will see you are not lying and should be able to help you

I happened to notice it was 8:04 and gave it a try just for curiosity it and back ups were gone!
Same here!

I apologize then, how fast did it book up today?
VERY fast! I was getting a message that all boarding groups (including backup BGs) were full by 8:04!!!

Also, 8:42 and RoR still not boarding. Wonder if the ride thinks it's Wednesday rather than Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter