READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard people with older phones don't get the fireworks
I turned the whole phone off... restarted it... went to The Disney World app and I got first the castle... then it kind of did a glitchy shutter and then went to the front page where it asked me to sign in. No Mickey or fireworks.
Latest update - iPhone 6s plus from 5 years ago. No fireworks ever show for me
I never

I never got the fireworks on my iPhone 5S, although it hasn’t run the app at all since the last big update.
When I saw them for the first time on my daughters iphone SE I was surprised.
@yullin3 must be right, maybe some older phones don’t get them. Makes some sense, to probably takes a lot to do the animation. A lot of what I don’t know lol, but seems to me newer phones would do better with it. I would rather a phone get the BG than have pretty fireworks and get hung up trying to produce them, that’s for sure!

@yullin3 must be right, maybe some older phones don’t get them. Makes some sense, to probably takes a lot to do the animation. A lot of what I don’t know lol, but seems to me newer phones would do better with it. I would rather a phone get the BG than have pretty fireworks and get hung up trying to produce them, that’s for sure!
I have an iPhone SE, which if I remember correctly is between 6s and 7. I always see fireworks. Maybe that’s the cut off range between getting them and not.

If multiple people in your group are trying to get a BG do they need their own MDE account or can they all try under the same login?

My experience today. We have friends that visited HS today. I helped them remotely (I live in Chile). 6 phones trying (4 in the park, 2 from Chile). The phone in Chile was able to get BG58. They are enjoing the ride right this minute.

Were you all logged into the same MDE account?

I don't know if this is chart worthy or exactly accurate ..but just seems like that the BG's fill up at about 1 a second :crazy2:

Practice from home went smoothly. The app is so unpredictable.

I had the app open at 7:57 and at 8:00:01 I pressed “find out more”. Went to next page and was surprised as it was the first time in all my practices the “join a boarding group” was live. Usually at this time I have to select “My Status”.

It took 10 seconds for the whole process from pressing “find out more” to the point where it says I can’t go any further because not all in my party are in the park. I wonder what BG I would have gotten for 10 seconds after 8?
I used this exact timing method for opening the app, signing in and when to hit Find Out More live this week (Sat & Mon), got boarding groups 12 & 15.

I was practicing with 2 different phones today. Samsung galaxy s10, and and older Android Phone (Nextbit Robin).
I used the same strategy on each, in parallel. wait till exactly 8, click my Find out More, Join Boarding Group if Red, My status otherwise.
Each phone had a different result:
on the S10: after i hit Find out More, Join Boarding Group seemed grey but immediately turned Red, and went through fine.
on the NB: after i hit Find out More, Join Boarding Group was grey, i press My status. Join a Boarding Blue still didn't turn blue / clickable. tried a few refreshes and that didn't work. backed out to first step and tried again. same. backed out again and got through on third time. i imagine that would have been a backup at that point.

My explanation is either that the newer phone helped in refreshing quickly, or it was just luck that the older phone took a while to refresh that BGs are open. I can see from that experiment how people that are prepared, come to park, and are hit with a major disappointment. I'm preparing myself for such, but also getting 2 phones, and my wife's phone for a total of 3 to get a better chance.

Someone please tell me if there are any flaws in my plan for a party of 7 adults on Saturday, February 29.

- Bus stop at CSR at 6:45 AM
- Station our group somewhere near(ish) TSL. We won't need to be at the front of the pack, we have a SDD FP
- Have all 7 adults log in to my MDE app the night before (I have been practicing at home and all 7 have somewhat consistently been showing up)
- I have had at-home success with both the "My Status" button and the "Join Group" button, so I will probably "train" my family on both options

Anything I need to beware of or try to avoid? I am afraid 7 people trying at once could cause some issue somehow. Any ideas?!

Someone please tell me if there are any flaws in my plan for a party of 7 adults on Saturday, February 29.

- Station our group somewhere near(ish) TSL. We won't need to be at the front of the pack, we have a SDD FP
- Have all 7 adults log in to my MDE app the night before (I have been practicing at home and all 7 have somewhat consistently been showing up)
- I have had at-home success with both the "My Status" button and the "Join Group" button, so I will probably "train" my family on both options

Anything I need to beware of or try to avoid? I am afraid 7 people trying at once could cause some issue somehow. Any ideas?!

Don’t forget your luck :).

All I would add is we have 5 adults I plan on having some on wifi and some not just to diversify lol. I think you‘ve got it all covered otherwise!

I will be there on the sane day with a group of 7 as well. I plan to do exactly what you are doing. We will be rope dropping Toy Story Mania (we have SDD Fastpass as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter