READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on regular Bg’s b
Someone please tell me if there are any flaws in my plan for a party of 7 adults on Saturday, February 29.

- Bus stop at CSR at 6:45 AM
- Station our group somewhere near(ish) TSL. We won't need to be at the front of the pack, we have a SDD FP
- Have all 7 adults log in to my MDE app the night before (I have been practicing at home and all 7 have somewhat consistently been showing up)
- I have had at-home success with both the "My Status" button and the "Join Group" button, so I will probably "train" my family on both options

Anything I need to beware of or try to avoid? I am afraid 7 people trying at once could cause some issue somehow. Any ideas?!
There have been a few reports of one person missing (or it says they are not in the park) Go ahead!!! and book the people that show up and then go to the GET ( blue umbrellas) team and they will fix it

Trouble is we don't have a clue if they left do to lack of success or due to later BG and Park Hopping
You're quite right. On our upcoming Sept trip, if BG are still being offered, we plan on going to DHS at rope drop 4 different days to see if we can secure BGs even though our plan is only to be in the park 1 1/2 days. Based on if/when we get BGs we will tweak plans for the day on the spot.

I believe this was true.
One of our live streamers was there this morning, on Sunset and they made the final announcement and shortly after, before 8am I saw a family jumping up and down
BTW my colleague did not get a bg because he forgot to deselect his wife who was not in the park and then he was stuck in the refresh mode (rookie mistake :) )
Did you ever hear more about this "early availability" that occurred this morning? Did people just luck into it because they happened to try a few seconds early?

I just wanted to thank all of you for the help in strategic planning. We tried the first time on Monday and somehow my son didn’t register as being “in the park” (looking back he said he didn’t think the Mickey turned green on entry at turnstiles. He’s 15 so who even knows. paying attention is not his strength.) We did everything right (well, apparently everything BUT that!). Left bay lake at 6:20 via Lyft, arrived DHS at 6:42, stayed right, went to SWGE for rope drop and to wait for the virtual queue. Because we had one guest listed as not in the park, that one small hesitation meant we got closed out. My friend that we met there got group 99 and obviously didn’t get called that day. The ride was down for most of that morning. We did go straight to Smugglers Run and it was a minimal wait at least (maybe 15 min with a constantly moving line).

We did go to guest services to see if there was anything they could do (I was extra pleasant and just explained what happened offering a screen shot and my son standing right next to me IN THE PARK! but they said there was nothing they could do to get us in a BG. But they did offer us FP for any other ride we’d like so we chose SDD (which was also super fun!)

Just a tip: make sure your teenagers pay attention! And also they said if that ever happens again, you should just get the BG for the people that are showing up IN the park at that moment and then go to guest services and they can add the other person if it’sa legit glitch.

We tried again today- up at 6am, Lyft from BL at 6:20, arrived 6:42, moved to right side,went to TSL this time instead and had the three of us working the phones at 7:58 onwards. Got BG 23 and got the call at 8:50 to ride. There was a small wait once inside but that was totally expected and fine. And OMG IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!! I do NOT get up at 6am. Ever. Especially not on vacation. But I’d do it again if we were staying longer. I smiled thru the entire ride.

I just wanted to thank all of you for the help in strategic planning. We tried the first time on Monday and somehow my son didn’t register as being “in the park” (looking back he said he didn’t think the Mickey turned green on entry at turnstiles. He’s 15 so who even knows. paying attention is not his strength.) We did everything right (well, apparently everything BUT that!). Left bay lake at 6:20 via Lyft, arrived DHS at 6:42, stayed right, went to SWGE for rope drop and to wait for the virtual queue. Because we had one guest listed as not in the park, that one small hesitation meant we got closed out. My friend that we met there got group 99 and obviously didn’t get called that day. The ride was down for most of that morning. We did go straight to Smugglers Run and it was a minimal wait at least (maybe 15 min with a constantly moving line).

We did go to guest services to see if there was anything they could do (I was extra pleasant and just explained what happened offering a screen shot and my son standing right next to me IN THE PARK! but they said there was nothing they could do to get us in a BG. But they did offer us FP for any other ride we’d like so we chose SDD (which was also super fun!)

Just a tip: make sure your teenagers pay attention! And also they said if that ever happens again, you should just get the BG for the people that are showing up IN the park at that moment and then go to guest services and they can add the other person if it’sa legit glitch.

We tried again today- up at 6am, Lyft from BL at 6:20, arrived 6:42, moved to right side,went to TSL this time instead and had the three of us working the phones at 7:58 onwards. Got BG 23 and got the call at 8:50 to ride. There was a small wait once inside but that was totally expected and fine. And OMG IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!! I do NOT get up at 6am. Ever. Especially not on vacation. But I’d do it again if we were staying longer. I smiled thru the entire ride.
The CM working the tapstiles at the entrance likely would not have allowed your son through if it didn't turn green, unless there was just so much going on that the CM missed it? I've never experienced that so I don't know if that actually happens.

Questions for you - based on your 6:42 arrivals and heading towards SWGE and TSL, where would you say you were in relation to the pack? Towards the front? I'm trying to get one ride in at rope drop on each of my two days at HS on a very busy week, so I'm wondering how early we should time our arrival. Thanks!

The CM working the tapstiles at the entrance likely would not have allowed your son through if it didn't turn green, unless there was just so much going on that the CM missed it? I've never experienced that so I don't know if that actually happens.

Questions for you - based on your 6:42 arrivals and heading towards SWGE and TSL, where would you say you were in relation to the pack? Towards the front? I'm trying to get one ride in at rope drop on each of my two days at HS on a very busy week, so I'm wondering how early we should time our arrival. Thanks!
There were about a million people trying to get into the park at 7am and it was somewhat chaotic. Controlled chaos. So maybe the CM looked away at that exact second and didn’t notice he wasn’t green? I really don’t know. But I did check again with the hotel concierge when we returned that night and they said they didn’t have him registered as in the park until 4:17pm Monday (we left and went back later in the day).

we were towards the front but not in the front of the pack. I’d say maybe first 1/3rd? So hard to say because I’m hearing the pack went all the way back to Hollywood Blvd (don’t know if that’s true, I couldn’t see that far!). At arrival we were lined up just at the front of that planting circle and first “line” of palm trees at the entrance. At SWGE we were outside of the florist w the blue awning. At TSL we were lined up exactly outside of TSM (but they had us pushed over to the right side where TSM is on the left). Hope that helps.

I wonder how much difference a 7AM open would make. And if Disney is even considering this.

We don’t know how much crowds differed nor do we know if they’re giving out less BG spaces, but total BG were lasting much longer when we had 7 AM openings. Probably a combination of earlier openings deterring people, and an extra operating hour allowing more BG to be assigned, and crowd levels.

I'm not sure if everyone forgot about trying to keep this thread focused on the current system and how to get a bg and sharing your experience with the current system
For discussion on other systems, on how this one sucks, how it doesn't, how people are angry, happy please direct your comments to this thread.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/rise-of-resistance-line-method-poll.3789015/As for the site that is blocked, it is blocked at the request of the webmasters and Pete
All off topic comments on this one will be deleted, trying to keep this information and experience only and not a "what would be better" thread

Do any of the powers that be actually have inside information on how many backup BGs are being released? Are we simply piecing together that information from personal stories?

My current plan for our 7 day May trip is to show up for BG selection on day 2, then day 3, then day 4, etc. until we get on the ride.

I mean, by day 5, if we still don’t get one, do you think crying at guest services will do anything? (Not serious... I think.)

Do any of the powers that be actually have inside information on how many backup BGs are being released? Are we simply piecing together that information from personal stories?

No reliable/solid information is available, as far as I know. Just anecdotal.

Nobody Knows except those very exclusive individuals who obviously are not releasing that info.

I'm not sure if everyone forgot about trying to keep this thread focused on the current system and how to get a bg and sharing your experience with the current system
For discussion on other systems, on how this one sucks, how it doesn't, how people are angry, happy please direct your comments to this thread.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/rise-of-resistance-line-method-poll.3789015/As for the site that is blocked, it is blocked at the request of the webmasters and Pete
All off topic comments on this one will be deleted, trying to keep this information and experience only and not a "what would be better" thread

Does sharing experiences from others on social media (twitter) stray too far? Obviously not the people not allowed.

My current plan for our 7 day May trip is to show up for BG selection on day 2, then day 3, then day 4, etc. until we get on the ride.

I mean, by day 5, if we still don’t get one, do you think crying at guest services will do anything? (Not serious... I think.)

Nobody could blame you if you did start to cry by that point though 😂

In on topic BG prep info...

Mother in Law and Father in Law have been removed from my friends/family list. Sorry, love ya both! (Probably weren’t doing another WDW trip with you anyway.) :rolleyes1

DS and DD are now zDS and zDD.

Kinda funny to even “have” to think about such things. :goodvibes

Left OKW at 7:00. Seemed busier today. All in about 15 minutes to spare. Again decided to camp out on Sunset Blvd. Myself on Samsung S9 Cell, others on Iphone 8 on wifi, and iphone 8 on cell. I was first again and got group 19 for the 4 of us. Called at about 8:30 with a 2 hour window. We are did child swap, and have 3 ppeople heading back. Does anyone know whatthe llast group given out was?

Edit to Add:
Headed back to the park about 6:30. Waited for a bus and back before 7pm. Unfortunately the ride was closed and our child swapper missed getting a ride. :-(

Last edited:
Left OKW at 7:00. Seemed busier today. All in about 15 minutes to spare. Again decided to camp out on Sunset Blvd. Myself on Samsung S9 Cell, others on Iphone 8 on wifi, and iphone 8 on cell. I was first again and got group 19 for the 4 of us. Called at about 8:30 with a 2 hour window. We are did child swap, and have 3 ppeople heading back. Does anyone know whatthe llast group given out was?
we don't have the number of the last bg, they don't release that

The newest chart data is concerning. It's been a month now where regular BGs are gone before 2 minutes. The past week Back-up BGs have been gone in under 3 minutes.

Ouch, that definitely changes expectations.
Seeing them get through 100+ groups tells me that the volume in the park is just plain high this week, and the backups are just instantly filling. I am not panicking until a non-holiday week. Well, I panic all the time anyway, but.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter