READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

I'm DVC but the entrance colors don't work for me ever, but they do for my husband. Of course, my band actually did not scan at DHS the day we did ROTR; easily took 10 minutes for them to "fix" the issue with the iPad. I was not too happy as we lost our advantage into the park and got yelled at at least 5 times to "STAY RIGHT THERE." Which was hilarious because I wanted to be sure I was "in the park" because I knew this could cause an issue with Rise.

Luckily when 7AM rolled around it didn't cause an issue, it showed me in the park. We did, however, have an issue with our family 'group' in MDE. We just got separate BG #s and like you did, went to GET to get it fixed. It's not worth making sure your group is all together if separately everyone can get a BG.

How do you generally check to see if you're registering as "in the park" before trying for a boarding group? We have ten people, more room for error!

If you and a family member share an account should you both try or just one of you?

I have this question, too. Right now I manage most of my family's plans, with my brother and sister and law having their own accounts. Should I have my husband log in with my account on his phone or is it better for him to have his own and manage plans?

If you and a family member share an account should you both try or just one of you?

Both! That way if one phone glitches, the other may be able to get the boarding group. Also, you will have two people trying so you have a better chance of getting a lower group.

I have this question, too. Right now I manage most of my family's plans, with my brother and sister and law having their own accounts. Should I have my husband log in with my account on his phone or is it better for him to have his own and manage plans?

I think your question is a little different. It is fine to have your husband log in with your account, no need for him to have his own account.

I think your question is a little different. It is fine to have your husband log in with your account, no need for him to have his own account.
Agree, I think we would need more details to answer this. Are you traveling with your brother and SIL? Are you connected as "friends and family"? No need for your husband to create a new account if he doesn't have one already. But if he does have one, he would need to connect with your brother and SIL if you guys are all trying to get a BG together. If the four of you are traveling together, then all four of you can try to obtain a BG for the group.

How do you generally check to see if you're registering as "in the park" before trying for a boarding group? We have ten people, more room for error!
If you have daily tickets make sure that you go from, let's say 4 day ticket to 3 day tickets after entering. Also there has been reports of CM with scanners after the entrance able to scan mb/tickets to make sure you are registered as in park

A bit more about our morning...

Done with 5k and in the runD resort buses around 6:25am. Our plan was to take a bus to the Epcot resorts (they all often share for the races) and get off at the first spot.

Buses didn’t actually leave until just after 7 as the course/bus route shared a section in the Epcot parking lot and the course needed to clear first. This was fine as it is very cold/misty rain/windy here and sitting on a warm bus vs sitting outside at DHS was fine with me, but I did sort of start to get a bit antsy since it took awhile. :-)

First bus stop was BWI so we got off and walked over.

Short security line 4-5 people deep at 7:30am.

Tapstyles at 7:34am, just 3-5 people deep.

My last RotR attempt was 1/2 when they weren’t letting people as deep into the park as they are now. With the current setup, getting in at this time (30 mins before park opening) was pretty much like a ‘normal’ park arrival experience. Steady inflow of people but nothing crazy or chaotic. I’m sure crowds to the lands were far more stout, but on Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard, it was borderline pleasant. I would dare say they ‘felt’ light.

Got coffee at the snack stand just to the right on Sunset Blvd, wait was only 8 people.

We were wet/cold from the run so opted to hide out in that inside area by the Brown Derby entrance. It had full data and Wifi bars, and we just wanted out of the wind - so seemed like as good a spot as any.

There were maybe 12 or so others in there, so we all shared some jovial chatter, stories, plans. Helped a guy next to us who was very clueless. Unfortunately he didn’t know the rest of his family needed to be in the park (but did get a BG for himself, so he was happy).

Just me and DW, no assists from friends/family. She did data, I did in park Wifi (for no particular reason other than I was just curious).

I opened the app 15 or so seconds before 8am. She kept hers open the whole time and just toggled back and forth. I could never get Join Boarding Group to turn on no matter how I refreshed (flashbacks of my experience 1/2). There were a chaotic few seconds and then DW said she got one (BG 69), at what felt like 8:00:30’ish or 40’ish, but that’s an imprecise observation.

For those keeping score, that’s DW 2, me 0. Her mockery of my continued failures is in full force.

The vibe around us was mostly cheers but also some visibly frustrated folks, pretty similar to my last attempt.

We met a lovely family a bit later while waiting for rideshare who seemed well-versed in the process. They said they failed to get one a few days ago, but wanted to give it another shot today (their last day). They got 62, so with any luck today it will be a good day for them.

Barring catastrophe, our BG 69 should get called. DW didn’t get to ride in Jan during our first attempt (got called too late in the day and opted to put DD to bed rather than stay up too late), so she’ll now hopefully get to ride.

So, a reasonable outcome all things considered.

In addition to the weather that could have a small impact... Another impact factor is good days building on good days. This results in less expected recovery FPs. AND It also can result in less disappointed people back for another try. A streak of bad days will cause more and more people (especially those with hoppers and APs) to come give it another go in hopes of different results.

EDIT: We have no insight into how they would measure or factor recovery FPs into the # of BGs they release but you’d have to figure they do.
And, in addition, there 8s also the possibility of a trial and error in how large or small each BG is. If there is a ride outage, how many BGs called with how many in each group impacts how many people are physically in line at a time. Smaller numbers in each BG can allow for more incremental BG calls in times of poor performance. I have no clue, but that MAY also be another unknown variable.

Is it just me or did everyone seem to have glitches today? At home and in the park. Every other practice for me has been seemless. Today glitch city. But one thing I have learned from this board is to not freak out. Deal with the glitch and power through. I would have gotten a BG around 8:00:30 but If I was a first timer in the park I prob would have froze and not known what to do

A bit more about our morning...

Done with 5k and in the runD resort buses around 6:25am. Our plan was to take a bus to the Epcot resorts (they all often share for the races) and get off at the first spot.

Buses didn’t actually leave until just after 7 as the course/bus route shared a section in the Epcot parking lot and the course needed to clear first. This was fine as it is very cold/misty rain/windy here and sitting on a warm bus vs sitting outside at DHS was fine with me, but I did sort of start to get a bit antsy since it took awhile. :-)

First bus stop was BWI so we got off and walked over.

Short security line 4-5 people deep at 7:30am.

Tapstyles at 7:34am, just 3-5 people deep.

My last RotR attempt was 1/2 when they weren’t letting people as deep into the park as they are now. With the current setup, getting in at this time (30 mins before park opening) was pretty much like a ‘normal’ park arrival experience. Steady inflow of people but nothing crazy or chaotic. I’m sure crowds to the lands were far more stout, but on Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard, it was borderline pleasant. I would dare say they ‘felt’ light.

Got coffee at the snack stand just to the right on Sunset Blvd, wait was only 8 people.

We were wet/cold from the run so opted to hide out in that inside area by the Brown Derby entrance. It had full data and Wifi bars, and we just wanted out of the wind - so seemed like as good a spot as any.

There were maybe 12 or so others in there, so we all shared some jovial chatter, stories, plans. Helped a guy next to us who was very clueless. Unfortunately he didn’t know the rest of his family needed to be in the park (but did get a BG for himself, so he was happy).

Just me and DW, no assists from friends/family. She did data, I did in park Wifi (for no particular reason other than I was just curious).

I opened the app 15 or so seconds before 8am. She kept hers open the whole time and just toggled back and forth. I could never get Join Boarding Group to turn on no matter how I refreshed (flashbacks of my experience 1/2). There were a chaotic few seconds and then DW said she got one (BG 69), at what felt like 8:00:30’ish or 40’ish, but that’s an imprecise observation.

For those keeping score, that’s DW 2, me 0. Her mockery of my continued failures is in full force.

The vibe around us was mostly cheers but also some visibly frustrated folks, pretty similar to my last attempt.

We met a lovely family a bit later while waiting for rideshare who seemed well-versed in the process. They said they failed to get one a few days ago, but wanted to give it another shot today (their last day). They got 62, so with any luck today it will be a good day for them.

Barring catastrophe, our BG 69 should get called. DW didn’t get to ride in Jan during our first attempt (got called too late in the day and opted to put DD to bed rather than stay up too late), so she’ll now hopefully get to ride.

So, a reasonable outcome all things considered.
If you get the chance could you ask the CM at RotR how many bg were distributed today

Is it just me or did everyone seem to have glitches today? At home and in the park. Every other practice for me has been seemless. Today glitch city. But one thing I have learned from this board is to not freak out. Deal with the glitch and power through. I would have gotten a BG around 8:00:30 but If I was a first timer in the park I prob would have froze and not known what to do
I think we saw more glitches reports yesterday, I for one had issues from home yesterday but not today. But we really don't know

Many of us regular "practicers" experienced glitches yesterday - that was a first for me. Smooth practice today,

Hi everyone. It's been 3 weeks since my DHS day but I thought I'd come back and share.

7:00am opening
We took an Uber from AKL, arriving at 6:30.
Stayed to the right, through turnstiles pretty quickly
Made our way to the holding area to get into GE
There were three of us trying, all on Verizon data. DH and I both have Galaxy S10, DD on Samsung J3. DD and I were logged into my account, DH was on his own.
DD and DH were in app refreshing, but I kept app closed until exactly 7:00am. I was was the one who was able to get BG 32
Immediately followed crowds for MFSM. CM's were very clear about how to follow line to ride. We were snaked all the way to TSL, but the line moved very quickly. App said wait was 105 mins but we were off by 8am. Super fun, both kids got to be pilots.
Did FP for SDD and met Woody and Bo Peep.
Did FP for Star Tours. Boarding Group called but we had an appt for Droid Depot so decided we would do that first (we had two hours).
Walked to ROTR entrance and told ride was down. CM told me to watch app and when we saw groups start to tick up again come back.
Ate at Ronto Roasters (delicious) and explored GE. DD had a blast with the datapad on the Play app. Did our Oga's reservation. While we were checking out we saw ride was back up.
Waited in queue for about 45 mins. Side note: DD had to go to the bathroom while in queue. CM led us to a bathroom and waited for us to finish then led us back. It was very easy.
Made it through the first few bits then was informed ride was down and had to be evacuated. Given recovery FP's to use at anytime. We missed our Indy FP so ate at Backlot Express then went to Indy show. Almost right when it ended we saw ride was back up.
Using FP we missed entire queue and got right back on. It's hard to compare it to other rides because there is truly nothing like it. So fun. We screamed and laughed and even cried a little. Yesterday we watched a ride-thru on YouTube and we did get the full experience. We avoided spoilers the best we could and it was such a thrill.

If we are on this board we are all big Disney planners but this thread helped me prepare even more and get in a good frame of mind. It was a little disheartening to get evacuated but they really do get it turned around pretty quickly. Now I see there are so many moving parts that if one thing goes down the whole ride really needs to stop and "reboot".

Our next trip won't be until 2022 and will be a completely new experience! So many exciting things happening all over.

Happy planning and May The Force Be With you all!!

OMG, I was so confused by this quoted reply. Literally had to reread this numerous times to figure out this was from Disneyland!!
Me too...I was like "What splash at HS?" :)

I just did the test this morning. Of course I'm in an office with one other person right now on a Wi-Fi I just installed this week, so no network issues :)

At least on Android, if I was on the My Status screen, where there is only the "Join Boarding Group" button, it stayed greyed out, and if I pulled down to refresh after it ticket over it seemed to hang. But I went back to the previous screen, and THAT button was now red and available and I was able to get in. At 8:03 it was still available.

oh wow!! sorry about that..
i didn't pay attention that it picked up a quote from the disneyland board.
I'm going to edit my comment to remove that quote.
i've been following both BG threads as DH and i are going to be at DL before we get to WDW (even though WDW is our 'home' park).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter