READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The number of BGs today being 164 seems very confusing. Yesterday was considered a great day for the ride and we only got to 132. Having 164 today seems like a massive and very optimistic jump.

I guess, but if I had the option between getting a 164 boarding group and knowing there was a slim chance of me riding or no boarding group at all, I would choose the former every time!

The number of BGs today being 164 seems very confusing. Yesterday was considered a great day for the ride and we only got to 132. Having 164 today seems like a massive and very optimistic jump.

Check out the chart.

Yesterday seemed great because we had some really crappy days this month. In terms of BG/hour, they can and have done better! Maybe they know something about downtime we don’t.

Yes, but was it yesterday or the day before where they got through all BGs an hour before park close? I'm sure they would rather run out of hours for BGs than BGs for hours. I'm sure they want to get as many people on as possible.

Earlier this week or last week, we saw them adding new boarding groups all the way up until closing to get more people on the ride, even if that meant the ride staying open later. I could imagine they'd try that again if they don't have another event after hours. I think that was the reason someone gave yesterday as to why they may not have gone further.

I do think that giving out more boarding groups will at least help relax the storm that hits GET at 8am. It might shift it to after hours, but at least this way they can say, you had a Backup group and weren't guaranteed a ride.

When I brought up subject of how people outside the park are ‘practicing’, those I spoke to agreed that the extra traffic is likely slowing down the app for those in the parks. However, there is no way in place to stop it.

Sure, but CMs are not IT people. They don’t have the faintest clue about server response times. They’re just nodding along because it’s what people want to hear. The only people who can give you a real answer are in a server farm somewhere watching all the boarding pass requests go by.

Sure, but CMs are not IT people. They don’t have the faintest clue about server response times. They’re just nodding along because it’s what people want to hear.

Right.

I can’t remember if it was this one or the DLR one but I’m pretty sure people have reported being told they cannot leave the park to get a BG, they shouldn’t try with multiple accounts, and other things we know to be incorrect. As far as I’m concerned if they’re talking about things like the app functioning they’re speculating like the rest of us, or repeating someone else’s speculation.

Check out the chart.

Yesterday seemed great because we had some really crappy days this month. In terms of BG/hour, they can and have done better! Maybe they know something about downtime we don’t.
Actually since Park open at 8 am began, every day, except for 1 day and all of last week, seemingly, every other day had more BGs per hour than the last 2 days. They definitely can pump it up and crank out those BGs. Up to 94 after 8.75 hrs = current pace of 10.74 BG/hour.

ETA: actually, I failed to account for the first BG being 10, so really at the time of my post, it would have been 94-9=85 after 8.75 hours = pace of 9.71 per hour. Still better than the last couple days also.

Last edited:
do we have a clue as to how many guests there are per BG?
they could be changing that number every day.
If they decrease the number per BG, the number of BGs getting through the ride would go up, but without more people actually riding the ride.

It seemed to me that yesterday they were through all the boarding groups before the park closed. I think this means that they anticipate that today they can accommodate about 12 more boarding groups before park closing.

If they decrease the number per BG, the number of BGs getting through the ride would go up, but without more people actually riding the ride.
Part of the faq from post 1 that you are encouraged to read.
We don't know

Honestly, no, we don't know. There are estimates, but they can be altered. Nobody released any actual numbers. Ultimately, however, we park guests and potential riders truly only care about the BG number we receive and what BG numbers end up being called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter