READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this system and the system hates me. Probably karma, the force, and all that. 🤣

I was solo (DW said no way and I’m an idiot), unassisted from outside the park. BG 96. Data.

For my three attempts my join BG buttons never turn on no matter what I do. A hard close and restart of the app around 40 seconds in is the only way I got anything to work. The clock was still on 8:00 when I got it, but I’m guessing it was nearly 8:01.

Those 30-45 seconds are literally the most helpless/nerve racking moments you’ll ever have in a theme park (when the app isn’t working as expected). Especially when the cheers start ringing out all around.

But alas, I was pushing my luck anyway with a double attempt. Still could ride of course with how things are going. And my fellow park guests would appreciate if I go back and shower anyway.

Anyways, suns out and temps are heading up finally!

In my experience, you can open the app one minute before but don’t hit “find out more” or “my status” til it’s at 8. If you hit it too early you get into a loop of not getting a red button.

Backups are still open at 806, so this weeks crowds seem to have significantly dwindled!
Great to know!! Thanks.

Practice from home was mixed. I opened the app on my 2015 iPhone 6s Plus at 7:30. All looked well. At 7:55 I closed the app down and reopened only to have the app freeze! i Hard booted the phone and opened app... still froze and never worked Until well after 8. Seeing this was happening, I got my husbands latest Galexy edge to show him how the app works. (first time he was around at 8 am). I couldn’t believe how pretty the fireworks were as I have never seen them before. The app on his phone worked beautifully and as expected.

lots of faith in the ride today. 3 days of great performance with minimal downtime, they may have cracked the code, fingers crossed. It's all about reliability, if the Imagineers feel the attraction will be reliable they will give out more bg
For anyone there could you please ask how many bg were distributed today
My friend boarded the queue at 8:10 got out at 8:33 and said it was incredible :)

What time did you hit the button? To the millisecond, please. 😂
I don't do the seconds thing
It's what I've done all the time
take my phone off of battery saver so it's on high energy (or whatever that's called)
close all apps
open MDE one minute before opening time (today was 7:59am)
Don't touch anything
As soon as my phone flips to 8am I press find out more and join
Of course I was at my home, on wifi, it's all about the connectivity

Finally - boarding groups are now full. I can't wait to hear how many were given out.

Working from home today my iPhone SE showed regular boarding groups full at 8:00:30 - ish but my iPad didn't show backups until at least another minute or so

It definitely must have closed in the 8:40 minute because I was still able to get in at 8:40 from home but not the next time I tried in that same minute

If we again can get to some sense of reliability and normalcy, and as I know there are many who are newish to the thread. I would like to remind that having a low backup bg is not bad. If you look at the chart you have an idea on how many bg get loaded regularly (without counting the horrible streak we had earlier this month)
I would say if you are under 100 you will be fine if it continues to perform as it has been for the past 3 days (and how it was performing before the 8am openings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter