READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
not unlimited, but like I've said before, the decision on how many bg is made dependent on ride reliability. If you look at the chart you can see we have gone as far as 222 bg. So the backups are not a fixed number.

But again, we cannot assume guests per BG has ever been a static value. When it went as high as 222 the number of guests per BG could have been half the number they assign today. Ultimately it is the guests per hour through an attraction that matters. I have never ridden and haven't even read how the ride works because I don't want any spoilers, so I have no idea if people think it is currently running at maximum capacity the past few days.

Hi! We’re at Polynesian this weekend. We were planning to take a 7am Minnie Van from Poly to HS on Sunday but with the Half Marathon our concierge is saying we won’t get there in time to get through the tapstiles and bag check. Should we move the Minnie Van to 6:30? Will that give us enough time?

In fairness, 222 was achieved on the longest park operating hour day of any since it started, 12/31, at 18 hours. That’s 6 more park hours than today. As far as BG performance data, I only look at periods of time with the same operating hours. We now have a decent set of data, although still small (with some really bad days in the mix) to see what 12 hour days “should” be like, on average, on days without major downtime.

But again, we cannot assume guests per BG has ever been a static value. When it went as high as 222 the number of guests per BG could have been half the number they assign today. Ultimately it is the guests per hour through an attraction that matters. I have never ridden and haven't even read how the ride works because I don't want any spoilers, so I have no idea if people think it is currently running at maximum capacity the past few days.
exactly we don't have all the information, it could be guests per bg is not a fixed number or it is, the 61 regular bg could be a fixed number or it isn't. I believe the last 3 days have been great as we have not seen the usual morning stop and the usual afternoon stop, only a couple of times has it gone down for a bit, maybe 30 minutes. A Complete shutdown requires 2 hours to bring it back up and I don't think we have seen that the past 3 days
So I don't understand why you say it doesn't make sense if we truly don't have all the numbers to make sense of it.
Since the day it's opened the bg have been fluctuating to reflect :
reliability of ride
fp compensation groups
crowds
that's what we know. As long as we don't have a total bg number for today we can't know if they gave out more than yesterday and the day before

I wonder if anyone who arrived at HS shortly after 8am even bothered to check for Boarding groups. I‘m sure most people would have hought they‘d be long gone.
the casual visior might think that way. They put signs all around the entrance of the park when bg are full, also the digital boards all around the park will say when the bg are full or if they are still open

In fairness, 222 was achieved on the longest park operating hour day of any since it started, 12/31, at 18 hours. That’s 6 more park hours than today. As far as BG performance data, I only look at periods of time with the same operating hours. We now have a decent set of data, although still small (with some really bad days in the mix) to see what 12 hour days “should” be like, on average, on days without major downtime.
if you're still at the park could you swing by RotR and ask how many bg were distributed today? Or maybe even a GET may have this info

How many good days in a row will it take for us to finally believe it is reliable??

A lot more than 3 days. And I’m sure there will be more bumps along the way to truly stable. Hagrid’s was doing really well for a while and then fell apart Thanksgiving week with the crowds

Anyone else with older phones opening them earlier than a minute prior and having success in the park? I saw that one guys wife seemed to be two for two doing this. My fear opening just one minute prior with my slow loader will not work as I have tried that for practice and been stuck on purple castle at 8...
Yes. I open the app 10 minutes before. If I open much earlier than that, I sometimes see the fireworks when I switch which I do not want. Since I have an SE with a smaller screen, I do click Find Out More about a minute before 8. This prevents me from having to scroll a little to see the buttons. Then I switch to time.gov. I wait until 7:59:59 and switch to MDE. Join BG is rarely red (I expect that because it’s a stale page) so I immediately hit My Status and almost always have a clickable button. For me that saves fractions of a second by not having to scroll to see buttons. For other people it will be better to start on the home page and click find out more. It’s best to figure out what works best for you and your phone by practicing. There are a lot of small variations on the procedure that can help or hurt you. Best to know what they are in case your day is one where all BGs are gone in a minute.

the casual visior might think that way. They put signs all around the entrance of the park when bg are full, also the digital boards all around the park will say when the bg are full or if they are still open
Casual visitor and I’d think even experienced park goers who follow any blogger. Today was a surprise.

I know I'm jumping the gun here, but I wonder how continued, consistent reliability and increase in consecutive good days will affect park hours. They continue to move from 9s to 8s, but at some point they will just stick with a normal 9am open. Some ask how long BG will be the standard process before switching to FP. The answer has typically been that ride reliability must be consistently good (much better than it had been). However, before even the thought of FP crosses anyone's mind, would they not also need to stick with 9am openings and maintain reliability through a good number of 9am openings also? At THAT point, it would seem that the ride would have demonstrated enough reliability to warrant a move to FP, yes? So, to me at least, it seems like it has a long way to go still, but that is just the nature of things.

If the crowds were lower they would not get 62 BGs in 1 minute. That is the rate they were getting on the very busy days.
But.. they would. Everyone is still trying at 8 to get a boarding group. So those fill super quickly as they always would, then there are just less people looking for backups, so those fill less quickly. The demand is still there at 8.

I know I'm jumping the gun here, but I wonder how continued, consistent reliability and increase in consecutive good days will affect park hours. They continue to move from 9s to 8s, but at some point they will just stick with a normal 9am open. Some ask how long BG will be the standard process before switching to FP. The answer has typically been that ride reliability must be consistently good (much better than it had been). However, before even the thought of FP crosses anyone's mind, would they not also need to stick with 9am openings and maintain reliability through a good number of 9am openings also? At THAT point, it would seem that the ride would have demonstrated enough reliability to warrant a move to FP, yes? So, to me at least, it seems like it has a long way to go still, but that is just the nature of things.
definitely an off topic comment that can be done in the other thread discussing when fp will open.

Hi! We’re at Polynesian this weekend. We were planning to take a 7am Minnie Van from Poly to HS on Sunday but with the Half Marathon our concierge is saying we won’t get there in time to get through the tapstiles and bag check. Should we move the Minnie Van to 6:30? Will that give us enough time?
Don’t take a Minnie van. $25 to go anywhere. Get an Uber. It will be like $8. Just my 2 cents

At the park today. Daughter and I got in at the same time. She clicked a split second faster and we got BG 12. On the ride at 8:24

It is cold this morning but there is still a crowd. Not sure what a typically crowd is but MFSR was a 120 minute wait at 8:15 and 160 minutes now

ROTR was awesome

BTW forgot my username so created this to post today

I can report first hand about this morning. We got BG 47 at 8:00:20 and the group next to us received a back-up BG 10 seconds later. Still very crowded park as evidenced by wait times. I just think that the strategy to obtain BGs has been widely disseminated but perhaps Disney is releasing more back-ups.

At the park today. Daughter and I got in at the same time. She clicked a split second faster and we got BG 12. On the ride at 8:24

It is cold this morning but there is still a crowd. Not sure what a typically crowd is but MFSR was a 120 minute wait at 8:15 and 160 minutes now

ROTR was awesome

BTW forgot my username so created this to post today
BTW I waited til 2 seconds after my phone hit 8am

It was very smooth and easy after reading some of the stories on here. Hope it stays that way

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter