• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday morning one bit of drama was a group of people before us whose fingerprints didn’t work. It caused a big slowdown at the tapstiles around 6:40 (park open at 7) so I wonder if they thought it would be faster this way? But then of course makes it “easier” to try to scan more than one person into the park... sorry this is happening. Groups in the 30s should get called well before 10am!

A wdw news site I follow blamed the issue on them not requiring finger scans to enter the park. Makes some sense to me, I guess.

We were here at 5:50 couldnt get a group till 630 because of the issues. Now we are 101 hopefully they get that far today

We used new tickets to enter Studios so there were no biometric scans linked to any of the tickets.

Overheard a GET CM state this was the first time it happened to such a degree.

Recap:
No lines at Security at 5:24
Lined up far right up against construction wall
Touchpoints opened at 5:42 and we were in the park at 5:45

It’s 7:27 and they are at boarding group 30 already. Waiting in the insane smugglers run line. We are BG 39.

We were here at 5:50 couldnt get a group till 630 because of the issues. Now we are 101 hopefully they get that far today

And per an above post saying Backup Bags started at 91 so does that mean you have a back up BG?

They better get to 101 or if I was you I'd be pretty miffed if they try to then not compensate you b/c you have a Backup BG but that is only because of their system issues 😡

And per an above post saying Backup Bags started at 91 so does that mean you have a back up BG?

They better get to 101 or if I was you I'd be pretty miffed if they try to then not compensate you b/c you have a Backup BG but that is only because of their system issues 😡

yeah we are in the backup bg. Pretty annoyed couldhave just slept 3 more hours. But hopefully we will get To ride tonight. It’s our only Hollywood studios day. We will be back in March though

Back up groups are filled. 8:21 or maybe a little earlier. Boarding group 35 called so hopefully we will be called soon.

If they allowed entry at 5:45am, did the initial VQ start issuing BGs then or at 6am?

Interesting if just tapping in wasn’t enough for the VQ to think you were there... from home I had been able to at least attempt to get a BG but now can’t even get to the screen to choose party members.

Last edited:
We used new tickets to enter Studios so there were no biometric scans linked to any of the tickets.

Recap:
This will be us tomorrow with new tickets. I am slightly paranoid our MB or tix will somehow not be ready to work tomorrow and our super early wake-up will be for nothing. We check in tomorrow (currently at in-laws house in Orlando) and have a CP dining package booked, but our day is otherwise wide open so in theory it is a good day to try to ride RotR.

If they allowed entry at 5:45am, did the initial VQ start issuing BGs then or at 6am?

Interesting if just tapping in wasn’t enough for the VQ to think you were there... from home I had been able to at least attempt to get a BG but now can’t even get to the screen to choose party members.
They just let you into the parks - like Main Street sunset Blvd area. The VQ didn’t start until 6 - but lots of people not recognized as being in the park - so a visit to Guest Experience Tents to get assigned.

This will be us tomorrow with new tickets. I am slightly paranoid our MB or tix will somehow not be ready to work tomorrow and our super early wake-up will be for nothing. We check in tomorrow (currently at in-laws house in Orlando) and have a CP dining package booked, but our day is otherwise wide open so in theory it is a good day to try to ride RotR.
Check your My Disney Experience account now to be sure you can see everyone’s ticket linked there. If so, you should be good to go.

Does anyone know if ROTR boarding group process is similar to FP in that I could have a FP with my one kid, and my husband and other kid do not have FP but instead rely on rider swap?

The BG window went from about 155-165 then widened to 145-165 then back to 160-165. The CM were adamant that BG above 165 weren’t riding tonight, with 3 hours left before park closing.
My guess is that they were accommodating a private VIP group to the ride.

Recap:

I was going to ask you all what a GET CM is but then I saw someone's post mention Guest Experience Tent. So am I right, is the acronym GET CM for special tent they have set up with CMs to handle issues at Hollywood Studios?

Does anyone know if ROTR boarding group process is similar to FP in that I could have a FP with my one kid, and my husband and other kid do not have FP but instead rely on rider swap?
I dont believe that is how rider swap is working with ROTR. It was discussed once about a week ago, but I believe all 3 riders must have a BG.

Do a search in this thread for rider swap(search feature, not read every post). If it's not in this thread it may be in the old one. While that BG info is outdated the rider swap data wouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter