• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for more data points for how long it takes people arriving at 5:30am to get into the park -- sounds like turning off the finger scan has sped that part of this process up, which I hope continues.

I think the ‘joining BG process’ is randomized.

Even with having to remove 2 members of my party because the system didn’t recognize them, I joined BG 35. Then a few seconds later, DH and DD emerged from the store and we 3 took two steps to the GET CM. She was finishing booking for a family and they joined BG 36. How could that be? They were booking quite a few seconds after my booking and then only at 36?

I have been wondering this. Reading all of these different reports with such similar times of acquiring a BG leading to such different BGs had me questioning if the process was random.

I was helping 2 groups of people next to me this morning that havent ridden Rise and what to do on MDE. When the BGs opened today, I got 68 and they both got 26 and 32. My 1st time yesterday, I got 17. Makes me think they might prioritize 1st timers??

-bag check empty. Stay on right side along fence even though looked longer
-Tapped 540 on far right. No thumbs.
-All on LTE. Android got in first. Group 25. Other two iphones didnt get the join group until I was already done.
-DAS will get fastpass access which rejoins group just before
-held right at first preshow for 20min for a reset.
Out by 745a. Awesome ride.

Fyi. Did Star tours and pleasantly surprised by new overlay with scenes from rise of skywalker.

Yesterday, despite the glitches and issues... and me being mad we were delayed getting on MFSR because I had to get a CM to help me get on son’s BG because I was not recognized as being in the park.... had a great day. Low crowds in the morning shopping (later there were line just to get into shops). We rode MFSR in single rider. Coming back in May to do full line. We had low expectations because of the crowds but got everything we wanted to do done. ROTR is the best ride ever. Also did ToT (my kid’s favorite) 3 times and Star Tours. Also bought a lot of stuff with no crowd! TIP I learned here — if one of your party can get in, remove the others and take it. Then find a CM to help you. I found no line in the morning at Galaxy’s Edge where there was a monstrous line at the entrance.

Backup BGs still available at 9am ET (EDIT: complete by 9:26am ET -- not sure exactly which time between those two it completed).

Last edited:
Left WL at 5:05, through very thorough bag check and in line at 5:26. Through tapstiles by 5:35 am, got BG 20 (DDs phone was faster than mine). Rode SR first and BG was called by 630. AMAZING! So worth all the effort!!!

Backup distribution closed yesterday at 7am. Today at 9:15am. Wonky.
It amuses me everyone trying to figure out the group numbers and releases ands assignments. We know, maybe 5% of the operation decisions, there are so many aspects that are not released, maybe the night maintenance yielded a better performance this morning and they feel more confident in operations today, maybe bg capacities are lower and they were able to give more backup, maybe the crowds at dhs are lower today.... so many different things.

I wonder if the number/ratio of “real” BGs vs backup BGs is somehow related to how many groups they got through on the previous day? Yesterday they had lots of problems, so today more groups are backup instead of being real groups? Or maybe they just change the number of people in each group to adjust the ratio that way? You’ve got to assume someone behind the scenes is tracking the stats and setting the number of people/BGs for each day...

It seems that yesterday there may have been a property wide wifi issue.... I was not at DHS but MK and resorts and had trouble staying connected and with Verizon even having network to try and connect to. Not sure if it is any way related but weather yesterday might have been to blame.

And btw i meant no disrespect in my previous comment, it just seriously makes me giggle the trying to figure out the way Disney operates.

It seems that yesterday there may have been a property wide wifi issue.... I was not at DHS but MK and resorts and had trouble staying connected and with Verizon even having network to try and connect to. Not sure if it is any way related but weather yesterday might have been to blame.
Not weather, it's the amount of people on property. I live stream from the parks for a living and this time of year streams get choppy because of tower traffic.

Anyone using Sprint's newtwork to connect at Disney? I am a bit concerned that if Disney's wifi is lagging and I have Sprint, I may be at an disadvantage over other carriers like Verizon.

Got boarding group 35. Had two phones but the one with data was the one worked.
Final update: group called around 8:20. Took about 30 minutes. Back at beach club for rest at 945.
Amazing experience and so worth it. Also was shocked at the amount of people who had no idea. So grateful for Dis and this thread. It worked perfectly.

And btw i meant no disrespect in my previous comment, it just seriously makes me giggle the trying to figure out the way Disney operates.

If my DH was more of a Disney geek as well as being a stats geek, he’d be loving this thread. There‘s nothing he likes better than analyzing data and trying to figure out trends and patterns. If you love both Disney and stats, this thread is a dream come true.

I have been wondering this. Reading all of these different reports with such similar times of acquiring a BG leading to such different BGs had me questioning if the process was random.

i also wouldn’t be surprised if CMs had a separate pool of spots in each BG so give them some flexibility to help those who truly had some issue that justified getting them in a BG closer to what they should have gotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter