• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my DH was more of a Disney geek as well as being a stats geek, he’d be loving this thread. There‘s nothing he likes better than analyzing data and trying to figure out trends and patterns. If you love both Disney and stats, this thread is a dream come true.
But for a true and accurate stat you need all aspects of the numbers right? We don't have that

But for a true and accurate stat you need all aspects of the numbers right? We don't have that
Linear regression and correlation models are often conducted with an absence of perfect data sets, unknown variables, etc. That's getting a little off topic, however. I find value in at least being aware of the range of the possible when planning.

Last edited:
My daughter and her boyfriend arrived at HS this morning at 4:45. Able to be at the front of the pack leading into GE. Trouble with the app, found blue shirt CM, got BG 88. Delayed just a bit but rode SR pretty easily. Her quotes, "Wow what a MESS haha" , "It was annoying!", "TENSIONS ARE HIGH HERE", and as they were walking back to SR "But at least we are moving pretty quick and are physically in the ride line. "PPL are ruthless! Can't imagine having a wheelchair or children." I was at home in Kansas City following along and trying to help. Those minutes between 5:55 and 6:20 were like the silence when the moon crew went through the atmosphere and everyone was holding their breath until they heard from them again. Cheering, relief! They will get to ride! Thank you to everyone who posts on here, your tips were invaluable.

Last edited:
I'm contemplating skipping RoTR for our January trip and just riding it in April during my solo trip. We have a FP for Slinky Dog at 3pm and dinner at California Grill at 6pm. Our original plan was to get to the park around 11am, ride Smuggler's Run and the HS classics, and head out by 4pm to get washed up for dinner.

My fear is that we wake up at 5am, get to the park by 6:30 (7am opening the day) and end up with a boarding group that will force us to cancel our California Grill dinner. If this ride is totally worth skipping a signature dinner, please persuade me!

Looking for more data points for how long it takes people arriving at 5:30am to get into the park -- sounds like turning off the finger scan has sped that part of this process up, which I hope continues.

Entry was fast. Pretty much non stop stream of people walking in. No fingerprint is key.

I am really glad that everyone there now has some great guidance from this resource.

With a trip coming in late Feb, I also really can't wait to see data after the holiday rush dies off and some sort of normalcy surrounding park hours and more average yearly crowd levels ensue.

I'm contemplating skipping RoTR for our January trip and just riding it in April during my solo trip. We have a FP for Slinky Dog at 3pm and dinner at California Grill at 6pm. Our original plan was to get to the park around 11am, ride Smuggler's Run and the HS classics, and head out by 4pm to get washed up for dinner.

My fear is that we wake up at 5am, get to the park by 6:30 (7am opening the day) and end up with a boarding group that will force us to cancel our California Grill dinner. If this ride is totally worth skipping a signature dinner, please persuade me!
it seriously is up to you. I would, in a heartbeat, skip eating at any signature dinner. But if this meal is important to you then plan accordingly. If you are there before rope drop I don't see how you would get a super late bg

Question... which phone carrier works best? My kids have Sprint, I have At&t

Second question, from reading above (unless I misunderstood) 2 or more in the same party can try for a BG at the same time... and possibly get multiple ones?

Not weather, it's the amount of people on property. I live stream from the parks for a living and this time of year streams get choppy because of tower traffic.
Oh absolutely. Expect it will stay this way then.

So after riding 4 times this week, here is some quick data from those four rides. Oppening time doesnt matter as I was always trying for a BG at the exact time of park oppening hours. I always use Verizon Lte

1st attempt- tried at park open using refresh. Was standing near MF, and got BG 28. Rode within an hour of park open.

2nd attempt showed up about 30 min after park open and got backup BG 126. Rode at 4:30pm

3rd attempt - tried at park open using refresh. Was standing by starbucks, and got BG 55. Rode around 10:30am.

4th attempt - tried at park open. Did not use refresh. Was standing on sunset blvd half way to TOT. I oppened app at exactly park open, went straight to BG and got BG 16. Rode within 30 min of ride starting up.

Hope this helps.

I'm curious, about how soon after park opening does the ride start. I've noticed some of you fine folks mentioning that it's not exactly running the moment the park is open so just curious how long it typically takes before it actually starts?

I'm curious, about how soon after park opening does the ride start. I've noticed some of you fine folks mentioning that it's not exactly running the moment the park is open so just curious how long it typically takes before it actually starts?
It varies. Today was within 20 min. Yesterday I believe it was 2 hours

Planning to bring friends tomorrow (haven’t been since opening weekend) and will be at the park no later than 5:30 to be sure we’re in the park before 6:00. I’m seeing some people still showing up at 5:00 or earlier. I haven’t seen anyone mention a delay in getting into the park. Is it just that some want to be at the front of the crowd waiting inside to rope drop MFSR or SDD? Or have I missed something?

Planning to bring friends tomorrow (haven’t been since opening weekend) and will be at the park no later than 5:30 to be sure we’re in the park before 6:00. I’m seeing some people still showing up at 5:00 or earlier. I haven’t seen anyone mention a delay in getting into the park. Is it just that some want to be at the front of the crowd waiting inside to rope drop MFSR or SDD? Or have I missed something?
yes, to rope drop Smuggler's Run having never ridden it before.

I’m seeing some people still showing up at 5:00 or earlier. I haven’t seen anyone mention a delay in getting into the park. Is it just that some want to be at the front of the crowd waiting inside to rope drop MFSR or SDD? Or have I missed something?
Rope drop position would be the only benefit AFAIK. I don't think there have been any reports of attractions being open prior to 6am.

Last edited:
When my DD and her BF go next week, they are going to try to get themselves a BG once the park opens while I also try to get them a BG. I will be at home multiple states away but I figured it won’t hurt to have a third person logging in and trying. If I’m the one to secure their BG first, how will they know other than me texting them? Since we will all be logged into the same MDE account, will they see the assigned BG just pop up? I don’t want them to start freaking out that it’s not working when I’ve had success from many miles away. I hope that question makes sense :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter