READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true that CMs are telling APs who are experiencing glitches that "you're here too often, so the system is confused." Molly from AllEars had it happen to her, and she said that's what the GET CM told her. And I saw another video of a family having one person in their group showing as not in the park, and when they went to the GET CM they were told the same thing. Whether that explanation is true or not is another matter, but it is what they are telling people.

Here's the video queued to the point where the CM explains the AP glitch (and just in case it doesn't jump to the right spot, it starts at 4:05)...

Edit: Since the video does eventually contain spoilers 20 min. or so in, it has been hidden behind a spoiler tag just to be safe. However, the relevant footage of the CM explaining the AP glitch has no spoilers - just make sure to stop watching the video after that part if you want to avoid spoilers.
wow. Ok, um I don't even know what to say to that explanation about being an ap and visiting the park often. I will definitely dive into this tomorrow and Wednesday since I'll be at DHS.

While a really long video and any spoilers aren’t until the very end so people would have forever to turn it off before getting to one, I put the video as spoiler just for any unsuspecting folks. FYI.
Thanks. I didn't think about potential spoilers if people kept watching the video past the CM part. I've edited my post to add a spoiler warning while also clarifying that the CM footage is spoiler free.

Found an article by INSIDER today on YAHOO News on the front page of YAHOO regarding BGs. It was decent but does not really prepare people for the truth. It was acutally kind of funny, if anyone wants to check it out.

Finally our turn today. 3 weeks of practicing. 2 adults, 2 kids.
Arrived at parking plaza around 7:05, line was about 7 cars deep.
Parked at 7:11. We had a stroller and bags.
We were in the park at around 7:30.
Went to Jedi signups, were done at 7:55
Hanged around near the lake as it was pretty empty; both me and wife trying.
I have a galaxy s10. She has a one plus 6.
She has never practiced. I just explained the process to her before.
I’m usually the one who do the planning, get fast passes, refresh. So I know my way around MDE a lot.
7:59:30, we launch the app. Don’t touch anything.
8:00:02; I click at-at. No red joining group. Click my status; no blue boarding group.
Force close. And reopen. But I heard my wife say, I got group 11 for us; is that good?
I checked and made sure we are all on, she did it. And she made me hear it all morning. All your practicing, and for what.. you should be thanking me. So yes I’m happy that she got for it for us, but I got schooled with BG this morning :rotfl2:

Anyway, ride didn’t start on time. But first group 8 was called around 8:35 and we were called a few minutes later. Walked in basically. And out around 9 am. Never seen anything like this before. Amazing.

I’m usually the one who do the planning, get fast passes, refresh. So I know my way around MDE a lot.
8:00:02; I click at-at. No red joining group. Click my status; no blue boarding group.
Force close. And reopen. But I heard my wife say, I got group 11 for us; is that good?
I checked and made sure we are all on, she did it. And she made me hear it all morning. All your practicing, and for what.. you should be thanking me. So yes I’m happy that she got for it for us, but I got schooled with BG this morning :rotfl2:

Anyway, ride didn’t start on time. But first group 8 was called around 8:35 and we were called a few minutes later. Walked in basically. And out around 9 am. Never seen anything like this before. Amazing.
"is that good?" :D love beginners luck

Our experience today. Took an Uber from port orleans at 630. Arrived 645. Stuck to the right all the way. After we scanned in headed to Toy Story land. Waited until 759:40 to open MDE. After turned over to 8 counted three seconds and snap, bg 11. WiFi turned off. Made it through entire ride start to finish in under 30 minutes. It was amazing. Thanks to all on here for the tips and thoughts.

I had such trouble with WiFi today. It kept kicking me off. People around me started cheering and I couldn't get back on WiFi. I was in front of launch bay. I eventually made it back in just long enough to see BG 80 pop up. Then no connection again until I went inside launch bay. Man, such a strong connection. Next time I will try from inside here. Let's hope 80 gets called today.

Reporting back! I was in front of launch bay when I saw group 79 was being called so we headed towards GE. We had a TSM FP 15 minutes later but I made the decision it was not as important as ROTR, especially since the ride was already down today. At 2:21 we were in front of ABC Commissionary when BG 80 was called. At 3:01 we were off the ride. OMFG! We're on our way to TSM, we have 10 minutes left on the FP. We'll be back to try again for ROTR in 3 days.

This is awesome, also thanks for mentioning the parking lot. We will have a rental car, we usually don't drive at WDW but I plan on driving on our HS day due to not wanting to stress about the buses. I take it there isn't usually a huge backup to get into the parking lot?

Congrats on your wife's good luck today.

This is awesome, also thanks for mentioning the parking lot. We will have a rental car, we usually don't drive at WDW but I plan on driving on our HS day due to not wanting to stress about the buses. I take it there isn't usually a huge backup to get into the parking lot?

Congrats on your wife's good luck today.
No it was pretty quick when we arrived. About 12 minutes from getting to toll plaza till we were standing at bag check. We arrived around 7 am. I don’t know if it stays that way or backs up more later.

We returned from WDW Saturday and were in HS everyday (every morning) for almost a week. We rode ROTR a total of 5 times and landed some pretty good BGs. I followed one method from this thread and want to thank those that posted the tips. It may not work for others but they worked very well for us and really eased the stress levels. The method we used was to close the MDE app before going through the entrance gate. Then get through the gate and and be tapped in before 8 am (HS opening time all week for us). Once through the turnstiles we would get in the long line at Starbucks and then restart the MDE, and being careful NOT to touch the Find out More button until it's time to get a BG. It was the most anxious and strange experience each day right at 7:59 and just before the welcome announcements, the loud chatter of thousands of people suddenly gets quiet. I followed someone's post about counting to 3 right at 8:00 then tapping the find out more button on 3 and here's the results:

Day 1; tapped in park at 8:02 and got BG 127, was last group called at 7 pm, ride broke down on us and was given next day fastpass
Day 2: used Fastpass and enjoyed ride 1st time, and also sleeping late for one day
Day 3: tapped in park at 7:28 and got BG 39, actually I got a bit too anxious and pressed find out more right at 8:00, then the Join Group button wasn't active and I had to go back to the main screen then pressed find out more again and then the Join Group button was active, only few seconds back and forth but every second counts on this ordeal
Day 4: tapped in park at 7:32 and got BG 14, a lot less stressful since we rode it twice and didn't think we would get lucky again
Day 5: tapped in park at 7:27 and got BG 12, this surprised us because this worked AGAIN, the ride started 40 minutes late and started at BG 10
Day 6: tapped in park at 7:35 and got BG 12, We were helping people in Starbucks line by this point and everyone around us got good BGs and was thanking us for the tips ;)

Starbucks had an excellent signal for us. And having coffee is one of our morning priorities. We used Verizon data and stayed off the WiFi. We waited in line for coffee rather than do crazy rope drop ride lines. Actually we rode MFSR five times and learned that just before close, the lines get considerably shorter. We rode it twice in one hour on one night. If driving in your car, arrive at parking toll booth 45 minutes before park opening. Traffic builds up considerably around 30 minutes after the hour. Arriving 15 minutes earlier made the biggest difference for us. The best part was getting a good BG, walking around enjoying coffee and listening to all the screams of joy after 8:00.

When we were there in January, the single rider line wasn't open right away. We walked around Galaxy's Edge for 20 minutes or so. When we came back it was open and we waited about 5 minutes to get on the ride. My son wanted to re-ride and it was closed again. About 30 minutes later, it was open again and we walked right on. It's definitely a much faster way to get on this ride but you will most likely not have a chance to be pilot. My son really wanted to be pilot. We tried 3 times in the single rider line before he gave up. I was not standing in line for 90+ minutes for a chance at pilot.
I know this is OT but hope it’s ok to ask. When doing single rider how much time is spent “alone” away from the rest of your party in the single rider line? Do you leave your group and immediately board or is there some time spent in another line after leaving your party? Just wondering how appropriate it would be for a 9 and 12 year old.

7:24 through tapstile, all of the way to the right, no fingerprint
Was scanned in by 7:53 despite another longish line as they didn’t take fingerprints this time.
I have a question about those people who didn't have to use their fingerprint. Does the CM tell you not to use your finger or does the Mickey head turn green without doing a finger scan? We will be going there some time this week, whenever we feel like getting out of bed early, so I was curious about the finger scan.

I hope you told her BG 11 is just ok, and if she had practiced she could have gotten a "good" one ...

ugh, not sure if that is beginners luck or if just that the Force is strong with her

I know this is OT but hope it’s ok to ask. When doing single rider how much time is spent “alone” away from the rest of your party in the single rider line? Do you leave your group and immediately board or is there some time spent in another line after leaving your party? Just wondering how appropriate it would be for a 9 and 12 year old.
You separate after getting your assignment, so usually you'll be together until you board. Make sure to tell the kids of meeting at the exit door and not inside because depending on the pod you board you'll come into different corridors. Additional questions about this can be made in the attractions thread

I have a question about those people who didn't have to use their fingerprint. Does the CM tell you not to use your finger or does the Mickey head turn green without doing a finger scan? We will be going there some time this week, whenever we feel like getting out of bed early, so I was curious about the finger scan.
The Mickey head turns green immediately

So would this be how all of the entrance tap posts work? It wasn't doing that when we were there last month.
They have had days when they use the fingerscan and days when they don't at dhs. Just make sure when you tap the head turns green, if it stays blue that means you haven't been recognized inside the park and you'll have issues trying to join a bg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter