READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning we all tried at the stroke of 7. I did the Join, Join, Join as quickly as I could and waited for the notification. I got nothing but spinning for several seconds before a “Something went wrong” message appeared.So, I didn’t even get the notice that I was already in a group, which the daughter with me got because her sister had gotten BG 80. So, knowing what you’re doing and being fast is no guarantee.
You often will not get the you are already in a BG without refreshing. The Something went wrong was your "indication" that a member of your group using your ID or linked was able to get a BG.

Were you all sharing an ID or using Friends & Family linked IDs?

May I ask why you turned off Verizon and used the BWV Wi-Fi since most other guests in the BWV may have also been using Wi-Fi at the exact same time?

Dave

We snagged a Beaches and Cream Lunch reservation on the same day as our HS day. Seems like this is doable with the two hour window unless our boarding group gets called at the exact same time as our dining reservation then it could be tight. What do y'all think?
The BG return window is one hour, not two - but the CMs are very understanding about ADRs! Just tell them why you're late - some posters have suggested having the dining receipt handy to show them, just in case they ask.

You often will not get the you are already in a BG without refreshing. The Something went wrong was your "indication" that a member of your group using your ID or linked was able to get a BG.

May I ask why you turned off Verizon and used the BWV Wi-Fi since most other guests in the BWV may have also been using Wi-Fi at the exact same time?

Dave
I had to turn off my Verizon because I could not load the app. I had turned off wifi planning to just use Verizon but it made me try to sign in and ended up just spinning. :confused3

I have a solid gameplan. Since I am only going to be at Disney for a weekend July (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) I have park reservations for Hollywood Studios Saturday and Sunday and I just upgraded my park tickets to the park hopper option to explore the other parks as well. Friday I arrive early in the morning and plan to hang in Magic Kingdom and then park hop to Epcot or AK. This way, this gives me two days to try and get on Rise of Resistance and generally explore Galaxy Edge since its the main focus of this Disney trip this time around ha.

Dave

We were all using our own MDE accounts.

it was my daughter who turned off Verizon because she was having trouble connecting to MDE. She got through, but apparently just after her offsite sister. I was on Verizon and got nothing but spinning.

As a postscript, our group was eventually called at about 3:30, and we went through all steps of the attraction.

Question: I thought you don't need to click "select all" and just keep click on "join". I did my first practice run today. The app only had myself checked. I ignored it and clicked "join" and an error message in red popped up (I didn't read what it said though in the hurry) so I clicked "select all" and then the passes were all gone...

what did I do wrong?

Question: I thought you don't need to click "select all" and just keep click on "join". I did my first practice run today. The app only had myself checked. I ignored it and clicked "join" and an error message in red popped up (I didn't read what it said though in the hurry) so I clicked "select all" and then the passes were all gone...

what did I do wrong?
When practicing only you will be selected because no one has park passes for the day. Don't stop to click anyone else. On the actual day, everyone with a park pass will be automatically selected. A successful practice is when you see a message along the lines of "Not just yet...is everyone in the park"? A red error would mean you did not get a BG.

When practicing only you will be selected because no one has park passes for the day. Don't stop to click anyone else. On the actual day, everyone with a park pass will be automatically selected. A successful practice is when you see a message along the lines of "Not just yet...is everyone in the park"? A red error would mean you did not get a BG.
Thank you so much!!

what did I do wrong?

Nothing. Since you all didn’t have a park reservation, only you will be selected. Once it’s for real, all will be automatically selected. Don’t pause to select all as it slows you down to miss a BG.

Got BG 15 today! Turned off wifi at okw, used verizon on the balcony, added a seconds app to my phone a while back so I could countdown. As soon as it hit 58 seconds (practice runs at home showed my clock was a little slower than time.gov) I clicked through all the joins. I have to admit I was a little nervous at 6:55.

Thanks for all the advice here. It is our first time riding it and my daughter's 10th birthday! Great way to celebrate.

ETA: got called about 915 and wow what a ride!

Last edited:
Are the phone's clock all pretty accurate at the 7:00:00? Any iOS apps that anyone used time with seconds that you used to get the right time?

The time on any phone will always be off from "official" time by anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds. It's the nature of how the interwebs work. Your carrier, location, traffic at that moment, processor speed of the device, and what all you have running on your phone, all will impact the lag from time.gov.

By the way, if you access time.gov from your phone, it will show the amount you're off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210427-124313_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210427-124313_Chrome.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 3
The time on any phone will always be off from "official" time by anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds. It's the nature of how the interwebs work. Your carrier, location, traffic at that moment, processor speed of the device, and what all you have running on your phone, all will impact the lag from time.gov.

By the way, if you access time.gov from your phone, it will show the amount you're off.

View attachment 570885
Thanks so much for this! Just checked and it looks like I'm in good shape as my phone is -0.006s off.

I have used my phone to practice well over 100 times and successful over 99% of the time so guessing this is a good part of why.

Thanks so much for this! Just checked and it looks like I'm in good shape as my phone is -0.006s off.

I have used my phone to practice well over 100 times and successful over 99% of the time so guessing this is a good part of why.
Yeah, mine is always very similarly close to time.gov. At most +/-.1-.2 seconds, but usually much less. Never once failed in practice.

Well good thing I practiced! I thought I’d read that all members would automatically be selected? This morning when I practiced I kept clicking join without stopping like I’d been told and I was the only member selected. My family wasn’t. I would have gotten in. Out of curiosity I went back to select my party (because we aren’t going today anyway) and of course then BG were all handed out. So tomorrow when I practice will it still have the select all box checked or will I have to check it again? If happens on our HS day don’t let it just give me the BP and go to the park and talk to them?

It was suggested on here that I practice joining the virtual queue and have done so. I have a few questions.

I understand that I cannot actually join a boarding group unless I have a park reservation (7am) or be in the park (1pm).

I have tried both distribution times. Here is what happened.

At 7am (or 1pm) precisely, a join button appears. I select my group and press join. I get a red error and it says the boarding groups are full.

Is that because I am not authorized or because I am too slow.

Thanks in advance.

Today (second practice run), I got to the screen that said "Just a moment" and said that some parties needed to be removed because no valid park ticket was associated with the guest selected.
Does that mean I got it?:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter