Ready, Set, Go-DC/BG/HHN-RIP in 7 Nights

Really really enjoyed your report.....what a fabulous time you had!

Another one who`s never been to BG.......not sure why as I`m sure we would like the rides.....maybe one day.

Really really enjoyed your report.....what a fabulous time you had!

Another one who`s never been to BG.......not sure why as I`m sure we would like the rides.....maybe one day.

thanx, jury's out on whether i finish pre-thanksgiving preps:guilty:, MNSSHP & HHN to go;)

tink, too i still had a faint base tan from the summer so we skipped the suntan goo;). weird thing about FLA is nobody in my family (knock on wood) has ever burnt in any of the parks:confused3.

Since we don't get too much strong sunshine in our little corner of the world, sunscreen is a must for me. Even then, I still sometimes turn a lovely shade of lobster pink! :laughing:

thanx, jury's out on whether i finish pre-thanksgiving preps:guilty:, MNSSHP & HHN to go;)

Looking forward to your HHN report. :hippie:

*Cough* Are you done prepping for Thanksgiving yet??:lmao: I do believe there were pics promised...:rolleyes1

We LOVE BG!! It's changed so much since going as a kid. I remember when they had like a hanging monorail type thingie that took you through the safari. They have some great rides there and can't wait to go back for the new one on our next trip. The last time we went was about 3 years ago in February....turned out to be one of the coldest FL days on record. I had to acutally buy little gloves that fit girl's hands! :lmao: Sheikra had just opened (wasn't floorless like it is now). Dana refused to ride any coasters because it was obviously colder when moving that fast. I played the "when in Rome" card and rode them all at least 3 times. Girl gloves raised in the air and all...:laughing:

Now finish this thingie already! ;)

Awesome report! I'm gonna start watching for DC deals...thanks for the info!:goodvibes

MNSSHP

ive done the costume thing (to death;)didn't feel like dragging my minnie dress along)

WDWBuschGardens10a119.jpg
waited in line nearly an hour for this pic:sad2:

despite much whining on disboard:confused3we thought the treats to be sweet along the trail, lots of chocolate goodies.

WDWBuschGardens10a115.jpg

WDWBuschGardens10a171.jpg
every year we've run into the HM dancers @ cosmic rays pre parade, in full gear, odd to see CMs out of charactar @ disney.:confused3

Didn't catch 'the sparks' or the headless horseman this time:guilty:
WDWBuschGardens10c118.jpg

you'll never guess which ride is my fav

WDWBuschGardens10a002.jpg

WDWBuschGardens10c110.jpg

WDWBuschGardens10c114.jpg

WDWBuschGardens10c122.jpg

We're big HP fans, as such, imo the movies didn't do the books justice, accordingly I was quite disappointed with 'my' experience. Primarily, the crowds were the issue. Granted we didn't get into the park until 10 am after driving over & hassle @ Portofino hotel desk.

We are fortunate to be platinum but 'our' room was occupied by guests who refused to leave the hotel the day before:eek:. Long story, but we were switched to pool view suite unit and I was promised to be installed in the room prior to 4 pm so that we had plenty of time to get into the park/Finnegans before the gates closed pre HHN. I had a bad feeling about things going south, and they did.

Worrier I am, called the hotel back beginning around noon, without any luck or manager available to speak to me. Last call, around 2 p.m., was advised this set of occupants, having booked AMEX package, were entitled a late checkout of 4 pm and they were exercising it.:mad:The hotel was sold out, not another standard room open. We cut our day short and headed back to lobby where i physically tracked down the manager on duty. She was in difficult position, but managed to get us into the room before it was completely turned over (i.e. housekeeping quick sweep of room by the looks of it, it was made ship shape the next day:thumbsup2) and we were able to change into warmer clothing - as the week was bit of a cold snap.

jmho, guests who book should be advised that with the new AMEX package, there is an increased probability of late checkin, knowing thus I would've planned differently - at least just to bring clothing to stay in the park that night vs shuttling back & forth.

Im sure he was there, somewhere, just ala where's waldo:rolleyes:

WDWBuschGardens10b091.jpg
MH notice DSs blues hat lol

cheek to jowl as far as the eye could see

WDWBuschGardens10b092.jpg

Waited over 1 hour in standby line for the main event, which was well done:)

This is the closest we got to entering any of the stores, as we were told the wait times exceeded 1-1/2 hours. Was glad to see merchandise offered in the store near the exit, so we could get our fix of goodies

WDWBuschGardens10b114-1.jpg

While on the phone with the hotel, my better half braved the 20 minute wait for my butterbeer in souvie cup no less, yep it does taste like cream soda. I'll term it one & done:laughing:. We had long wait @ the firewaters CS place too, they always seemed slow, but really ill equipped to handle the throng. Issue with overspill of tired guests resting there who obviously weren't eating. U needs to manage seating dining guest better and really needs to offer more venues in that area imo

I skip the coaster, saving my neck for the mummy's abuse;), took awhile but i was able to snag a seat here, wound up being one of my fav parts of the area.

WDWBuschGardens10b115-1.jpg

It will be awhile before I brave the throng again, just not my thing. One of the reasons I enjoy staying onsite is the FOTL perc. Perhaps the crowds will decrease to what i consider to be a manageable level this year.:wizard:

next @ bat, RIP @ HHN! wooooo hooooooo indeedy

WOOHOO!! 'Bout damn time!!;) And yes....I noticed the Blues hat. What's up with that??!!

Nice trip report. I haven't been to BG in a few years but will try to go this year. How long was your stay? You seemed to have fit every thing in. Did you sleep when on vacation?:lmao:

WOOHOO!! 'Bout damn time!!;) And yes....I noticed the Blues hat. What's up with that??!!

he's been a fan for years, house full of their gear. He wants to try & co-ordinate spring break from college @ one of their games next year, no offense, he's nutz lol

woo hoo..........hhn.....

bring it on

24.gif
:scared1:dang it, that's scary, reminds me of that one bloody mary illusion few years back

Nice trip report. I haven't been to BG in a few years but will try to go this year. How long was your stay? You seemed to have fit every thing in. Did you sleep when on vacation?:lmao:
i believe it was only 7 nights, sometimes we just manage to sneak in 6 due to DH's work commitments:mad:

old park commandos never die, we just fade away....

actually, the troops were happy to 'just' be changing hotels twice that trip;)

Oh looking forward to HHN report :thumbsup2

Nice pics, but what a mess up with the hotel room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter