Ready, Set, Go-DC/BG/HHN-RIP in 7 Nights

WDWBuschGardens10a119.jpg

Looks like you 2 are yellin' at each other :rotfl: I didn't know the HM changed colors at Halloween time? Kewl....

I heard about the hotel mess up.. I don't think it's right AMEXers can wait til 4pm to check out...wth? I mean, I can see 2 or even 3...but 4? Nope...not when the hotel (as a whole) has 4 as the 'official' check-in time :mad:

Lookin forward to more HHN :rolleyes1

i freely admit to rarely finishing a TR:rolleyes1, this one is different, really!

we've enjoyed HHN before, but must say that RIP tours are a whole nuther experience. Rarely, am i @ a loss for words, but i honestly can't describe how many shades of wonderful it was.:cloud9:

I always feel special checking into DVC and hearing 'welcome home' and get the warm & fuzzies when visiting WDW. Had originally taken to doing split Universal trips because my kids were older, the point structure for DVC used to be really higher on the weekends-made sense to do 2 nights onsite @ U and I suspect my DH was beginning to OD on the mouse. IMO the onsite lowes hotels are second to none in Orlando, especially the Portofino. It's the only resort where this old commando is happy to lounge by the pool for hours & relax vs heading off to the parks vs my norm of squeezing in every available moment.

We're big fans of the disney parties but it was rare for us to work in a vacation in October. In PA it's a hunting week & the older guys in my DH's dept at work tend to hog up all the weeks. Even though he enjoyed the U parks, my youngest DS kept stating he didn't like scary stuff (i had thought of doing a DNA test to make sure he was mine;)). I didn't want to push him too hard, finally in the last 5 years he gave us the green light to include it, so psyched (psycho ha ha) to be able to finally include our 1st HHN:banana:a few years ago.

Not going to list names of DISers, you know who you are lol. Last year I was happy to finally arrange a trip the same time as a long-standing friend and experienced my 1st RIP tour...met some new ones too (thank you for including me and my family, much appreciated! Really nice to see friendly faces in the parks.) Glad to meet up with another good bud before we had to leave too! sadly, i missed seeing her & another bunch of other DISers on the Sunday they did HHN, someday! I again must thank one of my other friends here for taking the time to be a defacto personal tour guide during our 1st HHN. He enabled us to hit all the houses:woohoo: and it turned the tide. now DS is down with all sort of creepy stuff:thumbsup2. He's soon off to college and so burnt out on Orlando vacations in general, but has stated he will always be available for HHN & RIP tour...too bad kid, you're in college nwa, ha, ha, ha.

pictures coming soon

the time has come, the barb has said, to attend to this trip report...let 'er RIP:goodvibes

We made it into the park after finally getting into our room @ portofino & donning warmer clothes. It had been an off week for October in Orlando and i wanted to make sure to change our clothes as it'd be a late night.

we had a few minutes to spare so we took the long way to Finnegans and stopped to admire some of the sets.

WDWBuschGardens10b095.jpg

WDWBuschGardens10b096.jpg
seems pretty innoculous here doesn't it?;) not, a deceptively simple scarey zone:thumbsup2

WDWBuschGardens10b094.jpg
one of our favorite areas. DH so inspired, when we came home, he went out & bought plastic pumpkins; wired them with lights & installed in our big tree in front yard as part of his pretty awesome halloween display. It was a big hit with the regulars back home lol.

Odd thing was this girl kept coming up to me and talking thoughout this area, she just kept milling about:confused3. I could tell she was a scareactor as to the dress but figured she must be a 'bored' minor charactar testing the waters. Found out later I was 'dead' w-r-o-n-g.

Arrived in time for res &the place was jumping:banana:. Many in the group were able to join us to fortify for the night ahead...cheers! I'll use excuse that i was so excited to meet everybody that I forgot to take pics here & many times later in the night. Not even a group shot to my everlasting shame.:sad2:

Walking to the VIP meet area, we doubled back thru the scare zone. I met lots of interesting people here.

WDWBuschGardens10b101.jpg
someday I will have to remember to get the backstory on the director.

WDWBuschGardens10b100.jpg
hmm, i see somebody familiar here.

WDWBuschGardens10b099.jpg
imagine my surprise when i found out i had quite the face time with one of the icons 'cindy' earlier:cool1:
WDWBuschGardens10b102.jpg
i got a whole creepy clown thing with this one but the guys were happy for the pic

WDWBuschGardens10b098.jpg
"the man"! was so glad to get to see him. We wore out old tape of that year's HHN I had snagged off travel channel years ago. Actually wound up buying dvd online before the trip to get in the mood.;)

It was great to be in the park early enough where the scareactors in the zone were able to give us the full treatment

WDWBuschGardens10b103.jpg

WDWBuschGardens10b104.jpg
i'm not holding neck for a photo op, the dude went in & i must've moved the wrong way at same time, as i felt teeth:scared1:. All in good fun, but scared the #@&! out of me.

We hooked up with rest of group @ VIP area then headed out. I'm so glad i just bobbed along, was so nice to have it all planned out and just follow along blithely:goodvibesit's all good @ HHN imo

The rest of the night passed in a blur, camera rarely came out.

All i can say is it'll be hard to do HHN again and not want to include an RIP experience:goodvibes. I'm both a haunted house/travel junkie but HHN is in a class by itself.

Thanks to patster who did remember to get one group shot that included one of 'my' Steelers - Max Starks - who was sitting 2 rows in front of us. Poor guy, I outed him via my not so subtle hoot of discovery:rolleyes1and he was soon surrounded by other fans wearing team jerseys lol. How many people from Pittsburgh could possibly be @ the bill & ted show @ once? He was a good sport, it was a 'bye' week & he & the mrs escaped for the weekend. A real shame he had season ending injury soon afterwards.

Few other shots

WDWBuschGardens10b105.jpg
another fav scareactor of DH, and more backside shots of tour guide and that mysterious woman in red:)

WDWBuschGardens10b106.jpg
The guys were better than the witches in this zone imo, but i feel the theme didn't really work here

Mr Happy Pants couldn't figure out why his buddy Brian's shows were so poorly attended. Perhaps fans angry that he was moved to Rocky Horror's usual spot? Mr Brushwood is very talented at what he does and he was a charmer afterwards to the fans. He made sure to get a personal pic of his mini me as he called my DS.

WDWBuschGardens10b107.jpg

we broke ranks to do the shows as I promised DS he'd get to see him perform. Secretly i was glad to sit for a spell, those RIPers set quite the pace. We couldn't hang with the big dogs to the bitter end, but we'll try to up our game in the future he he

2 more days to go...

Your photos are GREAT!! I can only imagine how much fun it was! I saw some group shots in another TR :rolleyes1, it's great to put faces to all the names.....

I'd be too much of a chicken to a HHN myself but loove to see what fun y'all had!

Thanks!!

Your photos are GREAT!! I can only imagine how much fun it was! I saw some group shots in another TR :rolleyes1, it's great to put faces to all the names.....

I'd be too much of a chicken to a HHN myself but loove to see what fun y'all had!

Thanks!!

wish i had concentrated & taken more pics, oh well lol. I've a got some more pics to post of another group the next night, happy campers we were.;)

well, i see you got the back side of me in two of the pictures.

if i would have known you were picture taking, i would have turned around and waved...........

well, i see you got the back side of me in two of the pictures.

if i would have known you were picture taking, i would have turned around and waved...........

you were everywhere;)no offense meant, i actually prefer pics of my backside - it's my good side:lmao:

Oh more fantastic pictures!!!!

You really do look like you`re having the best time ever.

I am so bummed that we are not getting to HHN this year. We didn`t take nearly enough pictures last year either. We decided just to enjoy it but after we got home we wished we had snapped more.

Looking forward to the rest :thumbsup2

carole thanks for hanging in there, i have a well-founded rep for not finishing TRs.

I love your HHN photos. We've never been, and I'm not too sure if I'd like it or not. I'm OK for a few years yet though as our DD is still on the young side for that type of experience. ;)

tink,too TU, HHN is very intense, not for everybody. I've seen several tweens exiting houses crying hysterically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter