Ready to buy-need advice

problemchild718

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I have decided to become one of you and will be meeting my guide 8/15. I was thinking of buying 150-200 pts off the bat with a goal of 300 pts. Should I buy a 150 contract now and add on later or buy 2 seperate contracts? Was going to get one at SSR for the extended years but that isn't my favorite DVC resort-should I buy 2 smaller contracts at different resorts? Should I push for the same uy? HELP!!! Thanks to you all-your opinions and infor have made my decision to buy easy!

Buy where you want to stay.

I have my contracts in 150pt groups incase I ever need to sell. If you buy a 300 pt contract then you have to sell it completely. You can't break it up.

Buy where you want to stay.

Good luck!

I agree, buy where you want to stay, it gives you that 11 month window, which can be very important.

I also agree buy 2 smaller contract, same UY, the same UY makes it easier for ressies. It is much less confusing.

Good luck, keep us posted on your decision.
\
Kathleen

If I buy a contract for 150 pts, can I then add on 120 pts with the one time 100 pt incentive? How long do I have to wait to add on?

Several people on this board have added on before they closed on their original contract! :teeth: Personally, I would buy two contracts where I wanted to stay. If you are planning on vacationing twice yearly, then make sure the contracts have different use years, otherwise, make sure the contracts are in the same use year--they will probably treat it as one master contract with an add-on if they are in the same use year, and it's a bit easier to keep track of. ;)

Hi all, just wanted to say thank you for all your help and answers to my many questions. I just bought my first contract today and am planning to buy another in a month or so. My new home is SSR (due to the extended years). Can't wait til my first trip home!!!!
:cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :bounce: :wave2: :wave: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter