Real or Artificial?

• Real

Votes: 38 27.5%
  • Artificial

Votes: 98 71.0%
  • Bah Humbug!

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
I love real trees, but they bother DH's allergies. We've had an artificial tree for many years.

I'm allergic to real. When I was in college, I had to stop going to church during the Advent season because they decorated the sanctuary with real greenery.

We alternate every so often. We got a fake tree 3 years ago and that is what we’re putting up later today.

We’ve had a real tree for 45 years, now we do artificial. I use a balsam spray to get the real tree smell… it’s just ok. I do love a real tree.

I prefer real.

That said, we bought an artificial tree this year. Couple of reasons - tree costs rising so much in past years. And, as "old" people, the fake tree is just easier. No pine needles to clean up, and lights already on the tree.

Now to find some Christmas tree scent to spray in the house.....

artificial for the last 20 years....real before that.
They fell over a couple times.....lost a lot of ornament
The car got tangled in the lights and pulled it down a couple of times.
Last one we had had a crooked trunk and kept falling over.....that was it. Artificial since

Always artificial - DH has horrible allergies and can’t have a real tree.

Real, I love them and like them to touch the ceilings. I keep old duvet covers in my Christmas stack and when it’s time to take the trees down, we slide the duvet covers under the trees and upwards so that they enclose the trees and then all the needles are contained.
So who remembers the days when every fairy light had to be individually checked?

Fake. I like to leave mine up from the week before T-giving until the week after New Year. Real won't make it that long. Plus, I must be the only person in the world who does not enjoy the scent of a real tree. It burns my nose.

Artificial. I've never had a real one.

I like to have mine up from the day after thanksgiving till New Year's Eve and I don't think a real one would last that long. Also, the thought of "killing a tree" for Christmas holds no appeal to me (even though i know they're grown/harvested just for that purpose, like any other crop.)

My aunt keeps a real tree though, and I must admit, the smell is nice.

Artificial.

My dad and stepmom had a real one and it was just a pain. Watering it, getting stabbed by the needles putting up stuff, then the needles falling (to be fair we have that to an extent with our artificial tree and garland) and then having to dispose of it later on.

In terms of feelings it didn't make it any more Christmas-y to me at least.

I do like that you can get scent sticks if you want that.

As for allergies yeah that's a thing. I think I have a mild cedar tree allergen or at least some sort of tree gets me in the fall. Pine, elm and mulberry are other common ones

I am 54 and have only ever had a real tree!

We put ours up last Sunday! We take it down a few days after Christmas. Our trees barely loose a needle, so its never a problem to have it up for so long. The key is, we have a fresh cut tree. Our friends have a small Christmas Tree lot. They don't sell them, just grow them for themselves and a few friends. We are so lucky!! We pick one out, and they cut it down and deliver it to us.

Now, if we bought one pre-cut, there is no way we could have it up so long!

Not only is ours artificial, it’s already decorated. :lmao:

We thought about getting one for many years when sitting among the mess of boxes and broken bulbs and such, then finally bit the bullet. Christmas-tee loving sister in law was horrified (we still tease her about it), but we love it.

I do get a little sad seeing all the live trees that were cut down and even wasted when I drive by Christmas tree lots, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter