• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

reason why value pools lack water slides?

USED to be bare bones(didn't even have FRIDGES),but not anymore(especially with the refurbs).:)

I mean, I guess. They still aren't anywhere close to Deluxes. I am talking about the resort as a whole, not just the rooms.

Values still have tiny rooms, no pool slides, no hot tubs, uncovered bus stops, no restaurants plus other things missing. I still consider them to be pretty bare bones even if they have queen beds and fridges now.

It's just one of the features that you'd pay for more by upgrading a tier. If you want water slides then you upgrade to a Moderate. Likewise if you want interior hallways you upgrade to a deluxe.

I still think the lack of slides at Disney values probably has more to do with Disney trying to get people to book a more expensive resort by enticing them with amenities than it has to do with the actual size of the resort.
I agree with you. Disney adds amenities to moderates and charges more, then adds amenities to deluxe and charges more. A standard (and successful) way resorts get people to "book-up" and pay more.

How many families book a moderate specifically because a pool slide is important to their children...

I agree with you. Disney adds amenities to moderates and charges more, then adds amenities to deluxe and charges more. A standard (and successful) way resorts get people to "book-up" and pay more.

How many families book a moderate specifically because a pool slide is important to their children...

**Raises hand**

When my kids were younger the pool was probably more important to them than the parks.

Now they love the parks but still love their pool time. They actually stayed at the pool (SAB) a few times last trip while we hit Epcot a few evenings.

That's why they are value resorts at a more affordable price for most people and not deluxe resorts at deluxe prices - what do you expect? You get what you pay for.

I know. That's the whole point of this post! There are no waterslides because you aren't paying for them. I am not disagreeing. I am pointing out that water slides cost Disney money to maintain, which is why there aren't any at the cheapest onsite resort options. If they added slides, they would raise the room rates.

That's why they are value resorts at a more affordable price for most people and not deluxe resorts at deluxe prices - what do you expect? You get what you pay for.

I wish but at Disney ... getting your monies worth can’t factor in to non-emotional decisions. :duck: If I paid for the same elsewhere I’d pay much less.

I still consider them to be pretty bare bones

Maybe it is just me,but I have a really hard time describing a Resort as "bare bones" when,for Pop Century for example,the Resort has all of this:

Pools shaped like A Flower and a Bowling Pin
A 4 story tall Jukebox
Lobby "Shadow Boxes" with amazing memorabilia from the 1950s,1960s,1970s,1980s,1990s
Huge Arcade
Huge Food Court with multiple Stations
Room Delivery Menu
Gorgeous lake
Fridges
Fireworks Views
3 Laundries
Pool Towels
Merchandise Shop
Caricature Artist
Pool Bar
Hair Braiding Station
Activities Program
Nightly Movies by the Pool
Lush landscaping
Themed Music for each resort section
Queen Beds
Large Screen TVs
Gondola transportation to 2 Theme Parks(coming soon):)

USED to be bare bones(didn't even have FRIDGES),but not anymore(especially with the refurbs).:)

The new rooms at Pop and now ASMo don't do a whole lot for me. They still don't compare to the moderate or deluxe resorts.

No doubt.

I am not comparing the Values to the Mods and Luxes-I am comparing them to the term "Bare Bones".:)

Gotcha. I always thought they were nice for what they are. They could definitely be much plainer.

I'm sure its to differentiate the values from mods/deluxes. Like PPs said: to get you to pay more for mods/deluxes.

Remember when values didn't supply towels at the even the main pool? (I know, supplying towels at the pool does cost more, but still - always seemed silly they have them at all pools except values.) And no coffee makers - doesn't even Motel 6 have them?!

The new rooms at Pop and now ASMo don't do a whole lot for me. They still don't compare to the moderate or deluxe resorts.
I'm totally with you on this. But I still stay value sometimes because I'd rather go more frequently and stay for longer. The price jump from value to moderate (though still pricey) isn't terrible but that jump from moderate to deluxe stings!

No money, no slide! Gotta pay extra.

We are in the camp of Must Have Slide.
My daughter’s creative writing piece for school one year was about the POFQ dragon.

We can’t go backwards at this point.

Disney has always provided various levels of resorts. The values continue to be less 'nicely' themed, although that is open to interpretation. With the giant icons and such, there is plenty of theming, it's just not terribly 'adult'. There is no table service restaurant. No pool slide, no hot tub. Rooms are fairly sparse. Also, I think we may see a change in the value rating system at some point. I think there may be a value plus catagory....could be wrong, but it does seem that Pop is getting a little more upscale.
Once you get to the moderates, you get more luxurious theming, pool slides as well as the quiet pools, hot tubs, table service restaurants. They just 'feel' like a nicer resort.
Deluxe resorts give you interior hallways, more eating options, balconies, nicer overall rooms.

It all depends on what your family needs or wants at a particular time. I stay at the value resorts fairly often...I need a place to stay and don't have a car, so it's a Disney value resort. If it's a nicer trip, then I'll probably be using my DVC points and staying at a DVC resort. It just all depends.

But if you want a 'nicer' resort, with more amenities, you will have to pay for it.

I'm sure its to differentiate the values from mods/deluxes. Like PPs said: to get you to pay more for mods/deluxes.

Remember when values didn't supply towels at the even the main pool? (I know, supplying towels at the pool does cost more, but still - always seemed silly they have them at all pools except values.) And no coffee makers - doesn't even Motel 6 have them?!

I always thought the fact that values don't have covered bus stops seems kind of "petty" to be honest. Would it really cost that much for Disney to build a few basic coverings?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter