Recent reports of dining plan kinks with a segmented reservation?

Do I segment the reservation first, and then add the dining plan, or do I do it all at one time? It seems like some people are taking care of the segmenting in an email. But don't you have to pay for the DP when you add it? I wouldn't want to do that through an email.

They would'nt segment mine when i sent an e-mail. I had to phone them, the cm i spoke to had to get somebody else to segment my reservation (not sure who?), i was worried i might lose my room as i am staying club level at AKL , but it was not affected.:thumbsup2. I added the plan to the first 4 nights and the last 4 nights.

Do I segment the reservation first, and then add the dining plan, or do I do it all at one time? It seems like some people are taking care of the segmenting in an email. But don't you have to pay for the DP when you add it? I wouldn't want to do that through an email.

I sent the email to have it segmented because I am not going until August and don't want to have to pay for the plans until July.

So, I have not actually added them yet. If you send an email, ask them to segment out. Then, once you see it was done--it took two days for mine to be all set--call and add the DDP. I also would never send my CC information through email.

Once I know all the players of our trip, I will call back in July--about 3 weeks before our trip and add it then. I will be paying for it with reward dollars from the Disney Visa and this gives me the opportunity to earn more by then.

Good luck!

I sent the email to have it segmented because I am not going until August and don't want to have to pay for the plans until July.

So, I have not actually added them yet. If you send an email, ask them to segment out. Then, once you see it was done--it took two days for mine to be all set--call and add the DDP. I also would never send my CC information through email.

Once I know all the players of our trip, I will call back in July--about 3 weeks before our trip and add it then. I will be paying for it with reward dollars from the Disney Visa and this gives me the opportunity to earn more by then.

Good luck!

Would you mind posting how your email to them went? I would also like segment my August trip, am not ready to pay for the dining, but am concerned I will confuse them as I am a little confused myself!! :rotfl2:

Looks like we will be there at the same time. :) We are staring at AK from 8/9-8/12 & then onto BLT (1st time) from 8/12-8/17.

I'm interested to hear how the email went from Sandisw as well. I had sent an email over after trying to segment via phone with an inexperienced CM. The email reply stated politely, but firmly, that I would have to call back to segment via phone.

I was a little miffed, and decided not to bother, but MommaBear decided she wanted the ease of the DDP. So I called yesterday and got someone who knew how to peel that bananna. Although the CM did come back and ask why I wanted to segment when I told her to add DDP she was good to go.

Not sure what other reason there would be to segment... :confused3

Hopefully I will have the same experience as javaj... perfectly pleasant!

I'm glad to hear it sounds like they are working on it and having a bit of success.

We were another Dec. 2010 DDP problem. We actually had our whole 8 night reservation on QSDP, but since we got the reservation in two waitlist pieces it became a segmented problem. Our cards stopped working for any dining credits after the first segment ended and resulted in BLT/CR staff trying three different new key card issues before it was fixed completely.

Would you mind posting how your email to them went? I would also like segment my August trip, am not ready to pay for the dining, but am concerned I will confuse them as I am a little confused myself!! :rotfl2:

Looks like we will be there at the same time. :) We are staring at AK from 8/9-8/12 & then onto BLT (1st time) from 8/12-8/17.

Sure! Here it is:

I currently have a reservation booked for August XXX through August
> XXX at the Boardwalk Villas and a reservation at BLT from August XXX to August XXX.
>
> I am considering adding on the Deluxe Dining plan to a few nights
> of
> the reservation. I am still unsure if I want to do this but was told
> it might be a good idea to have that reservation segmented now so if I
> do indeed want to add it for only 1 or 2 night, things will be all set.
>
> We are still in the process of figuring out everyone who will be going
> so I will wait to add the plan once all guests are final.
>
> If this can be done, without any risk that I will lose my Boardwalk
> view
> 2 bedroom, or my SV 2 bedroom at BLT, then please do it.
>
> If, at any time, I could lose either room, then I do not want it done.

That was it. I got an email from them 2 days later that they did it and within hours of that email, I had the new confirmations with things all set!

Its best if you are able to plan out what you want segmented prior to the first call to book. For example my planned Oct'11 trip I booked 5 nights then 3 nights(DD18 might make it down for the Canadian Thanksgiving and we want to do the dinning plan but have it expire on the Monday she would be going home the Tuesday) 2 nights and then 3 nights. There is a possiblity that we will switch our last 3 nights at OKW to VB if available at 7 months.

If you have a plan in mind it works best and no real risk of losing your ressie. Not sure how it would work for difficult to get rooms and views.

Sure! Here it is:

I currently have a reservation booked for August XXX through August
> XXX at the Boardwalk Villas and a reservation at BLT from August XXX to August XXX.
>
> I am considering adding on the Deluxe Dining plan to a few nights
> of
> the reservation. I am still unsure if I want to do this but was told
> it might be a good idea to have that reservation segmented now so if I
> do indeed want to add it for only 1 or 2 night, things will be all set.
>
> We are still in the process of figuring out everyone who will be going
> so I will wait to add the plan once all guests are final.
>
> If this can be done, without any risk that I will lose my Boardwalk
> view
> 2 bedroom, or my SV 2 bedroom at BLT, then please do it.
>
> If, at any time, I could lose either room, then I do not want it done.

That was it. I got an email from them 2 days later that they did it and within hours of that email, I had the new confirmations with things all set!

Thanks!:worship:

Ok - So I finally sent my request in & this was the answer I received:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

Please contact Member Services, when you are ready to add your Disney
Dining Plan and the reservation will be segmented at the time you pay
for the plan.

Some things to keep in mind when making your choice of dates to segment
are as follows:

Each time you change to either a different Disney Dining Plan or no plan
at all, you will have to go to the Front Desk to pick up new room keys

In order to minimize the number of times you need to visit the Front
Desk, for your convenience, you may want to change from one plan to
another either at the beginning or the end of your stay

While we are more than happy to segment your reservation, due to the
limitations of our systems, picking up new room keys each time your
Disney Dining Plan changes is something important to consider in making
your segmentation decision

If you have already made your dining reservations and want to change
your plans, please contact Member Services to make any necessary changes
to your dining reservations.

Anyone else receive this answer? :(

Ok - So I finally sent my request in & this was the answer I received:

Hello,

Please contact Member Services, when you are ready to add your Disney
Dining Plan and the reservation will be segmented at the time you pay
for the plan.

Some things to keep in mind when making your choice of dates to segment
are as follows:

Each time you change to either a different Disney Dining Plan or no plan
at all, you will have to go to the Front Desk to pick up new room keys

In order to minimize the number of times you need to visit the Front
Desk, for your convenience, you may want to change from one plan to
another either at the beginning or the end of your stay

While we are more than happy to segment your reservation, due to the
limitations of our systems, picking up new room keys each time your
Disney Dining Plan changes is something important to consider in making
your segmentation decision

If you have already made your dining reservations and want to change
your plans, please contact Member Services to make any necessary changes
to your dining reservations.

Anyone else receive this answer? :(

So are we to take from this that they have the ablity to segment the ressie once you are willing to pay for the plan. I have read that people who have a certain hard to get ressie are concerned about loosing their room/view/location. Have they fixed this problem?

We will be there in 2 weeks and have 1st night no dinning, 2 and 3rd night DXDpp 4-8th night no dinning. Will we have to check in and out getting new KTTWC's for each segment? And if so can I check out and in after midnight so I don't have to do it in the morning when we are rushing out to get to our early ADR's?

So are we to take from this that they have the ablity to segment the ressie once you are willing to pay for the plan. I have read that people who have a certain hard to get ressie are concerned about loosing their room/view/location. Have they fixed this problem?

We will be there in 2 weeks and have 1st night no dinning, 2 and 3rd night DXDpp 4-8th night no dinning. Will we have to check in and out getting new KTTWC's for each segment? And if so can I check out and in after midnight so I don't have to do it in the morning when we are rushing out to get to our early ADR's?

So it sounds like segments will always be a pita:scared1:

You will need keys for the 1st night, 2/3 night, and then 4-8 so 3 sets. You will also have to keep up with your expiring credits on night 4.

I definitely do not recommend segmenting for tough ressies. Like AKV CL if you want a 7 night stay and call at exactly 11 months, you should book the entire 7 nights. If you try to segment, you will need to call back 11 months before the next segment starts and good luck with that!

You have to wait until the system changes over to the next day in order to check in which is normally after 5am or later.

Also watch your housekeeping schedule. That's sure to be another mess, unless you follow up with housekeeping at check in and let them know.

So it sounds like segments will always be a pita:scared1:

You will need keys for the 1st night, 2/3 night, and then 4-8 so 3 sets. You will also have to keep up with your expiring credits on night 4.

I definitely do not recommend segmenting for tough ressies. Like AKV CL if you want a 7 night stay and call at exactly 11 months, you should book the entire 7 nights. If you try to segment, you will need to call back 11 months before the next segment starts and good luck with that!

You have to wait until the system changes over to the next day in order to check in which is normally after 5am or later.

Also watch your housekeeping schedule. That's sure to be another mess, unless you follow up with housekeeping at check in and let them know.

Not so worried about the mousekeeping as I'm thinking about calling and asking for it not to happen at all. We are only there for 8 nights, plan on buying extra towel pack so I can easily go to the laundry by the pool on our down days and was the towels. Empty garbage and recyclables daily anyway so really all I might need is extra TP:rotfl: The real trick is all the keys. We are only planning on going to the parks the same days as our dinning plan so I hope I can to the key switch after midnight of the first day. If not I guess I will be heading over to the Front Desk while the DD18 gets ready...that should give me at least an hour:scared1:

Mine is a bigger nightmare.:scared1:

I worked so hard to maximime our $$ & credits that I was able to get 12 TS in 8 nights - 9 days doing DDP, DDxP, nothing, DDP, DDxP, nothing, DDP, DDxP, nothing for $1500.00.

I do not know what to do now. :confused:

We had a 2 night stay at BLT earlier this month and did the Deluxe Dining Plan for the 1st day and it worked great. Captains Grill Friday night, Le Cellier for lunch Saturday and Teppan Edo for dinner Saturday night. No issues and I did not have to check in and out. TS and snack credits worked great. Of course only a 2 night stay.

We had a 2 night stay at BLT earlier this month and did the Deluxe Dining Plan for the 1st day and it worked great. Captains Grill Friday night, Le Cellier for lunch Saturday and Teppan Edo for dinner Saturday night. No issues and I did not have to check in and out. TS and snack credits worked great. Of course only a 2 night stay.

Did your card say "DVC Multiple"? This was a problem for us. The CMs didn't want to take my word that it was the delux ddp and every meal was a hassle. At LeCellier the manager had to call the resort to get authorization, and kept stopping at our table telling me he was "working" on it. It annoyed me that he made it sound like I did something wrong. He also informed me my card would not get me into my room because it had a big red X next to it -- it did let me in, but I had to get a new card in the morning. I can't wait to hear a positive response that is more extensive in terms of a longer stay. Glad you had a positive experience.

So, if you need to get new keys everytime you change the type of dining plan or you have none,
Can you still keep the old one if you still have credits on it?
I was planning on on doing DX,DP,DP,none,DX,DX,DP,none,QS,DP,DP for our eleven night in July but now I'm not too sure. I don't want to have to get 8 different keys!
maybe it will get better by that time!
I'm calling them to ask them and let see what they say to me:confused3

After receiving the email response I posted above I sent one back asking them again to segment it the way I have planned our dining w/o purchasing the plans yet & asking about the need to have a new Resort ID Card with each change & I received the below response.

Dear,

We appreciate your interest in a DISNEY VACATION CLUB Resort. I do
apologize for any inconvenience. I spoke with my manager. Due to some
system issues, you will have to pick up a new Resort Id Card each day.
Once the system issues have been corrected, you will not be required to
pick up a new Resort Id Card each day.

We have segmented your reservation per your request. You may call
Member Services to add the Disney Dining Plan to your reservations.
Payment for the Disney Dining Plan is due on the day that you add it to
your reservation.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

I am making progress! I sent a thank you email back to the kind CM who segmented for me & asked when they felt the "system issues" might be corrected by. Once I get an answer I will let you all know. Fingers crossed it will be soon! Good to know they are working on . :lovestruc

thanks,
I will just wait to segment the vacation maybe until the month before if things get better

My family and I will be arriving at BWV in 17 more sleeps. :goodvibes We also have the trip segmented to make best use of the dining plan.

We have first night of QSP, then the next 3 nights of DDP & the last night no dining. I was assured that we won't be moving rooms, but I guess I'll have to get new keys each morning of a new segment. The only bonus is our park tickest are separate... whew~!

Not sure if everything will be solved by the time we arrive, but reading the above experiences I can at least be prepared.

And CSmommy, great job getting them to segment via email!

I received the following reponse to my question as to when they felt the issues of new Resort ID cards with every change will occur.

Dear,

We appreciate your interest in a DISNEY VACATION CLUB Resort.

Unfortunately, we do not when these issues will be resolved. If they
are resolved prior to your vacation in August, then the Front Desk will
issue a Resort Id Card for the entire time. Please keep in mind: if the
issues are not resolved prior to your vacation, then you will have to
pick up a new Resort Id Card each morning.

Hopefully someone else can get better info. I am really hoping they can work this out soon.

LaNina72 - have a magical trip. Please let us know how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter