Recent reports of dining plan kinks with a segmented reservation?

I have a question that I think is related.

We currently have a reservation for four nights for 8 people in a 2 bedroom at OKW, then a one night reservation for 3 at a BW studio, then four more nights for 3 people in an OKW 1 bedroom.

They gave me one confirmation number for it all.

Is this trip already segmented b/c we'll be moving around, or not b/c it's all under one number?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

I have a question that I think is related.

We currently have a reservation for four nights for 8 people in a 2 bedroom at OKW, then a one night reservation for 3 at a BW studio, then four more nights for 3 people in an OKW 1 bedroom.

They gave me one confirmation number for it all.

Is this trip already segmented b/c we'll be moving around, or not b/c it's all under one number?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

If I understand your question, although you have only one confirmation number, your trip is somewhat segmented by virtue of the fact you have it separated into 3 stays (OKW/BW/OKW). As it stands, you will be able to add different dining plans to each of those 3 portions of the reservation. Or, you could, for example, "segment" it further by dividing any one of those 3 "stays" into smaller portions, or segments, and adding dining to some of those segments.

From experience, it is best to make any requests to "segment" a current reservation via e-mail. I was told it was not possible to separate a reservation I have coming up at BWV into segments by 2 different CMs. I knew differently from what I was reading here so I sent an email outlining exactly how I wanted my 10 days divided and recd an email confirming my request was granted within 24 hours. I'm not too thrilled with the prospect of getting new keys for each of my 5 segments, but hey, I got what I wanted!:rolleyes1

We had segmented at BWV over Christmas with no issues at all. :thumbsup2 I truly believe that it was because a MS Manager was bang on with her job of doing the computer work on it - long story.

We did five days of QSDP and the card said DVC Multiple. This was a curiosity for some CMs and a problem (well not problem - it just made them stop in their tracks) for one or two but no huge deal on the latter - it was brand new and we just explained that it meant more than one dining plan for the stay.

The next part was DXDP. And the new card listed the deluxe plan.

We then went over to AKV with no plan. And I loved that the best. :rotfl2: Yes I had no DDP issues but I truly enjoy no plan. I've tried it a couple of times now - love the pre-pay aspect - but feel so food centric or something I can't explain.

So good news all around for my vacation. Here's to some more positive outcomes.

Thanks, PKWallaby!

Sounds like the restaurant CMs are having the same sort of "what the heck IS that" growing pains that Disneyland CMs were having during the first year of the Premiere AP. Hopefully as each one sees it and realizes that it's legit, they'll tell two friends, and so on and so on, and soon everyone will be OK with it. :)

We stayed for 6 nights at SSR during Marathon Weekend in January. Original full reservation was made in September, but we called in December to segment our stay 2/4, with the DDP added for the first two days.

With the minor exception of one of our cards not working for DDP, the split DDP worked flawlessly. No confusion on anyones part (member services, SSR check-in, or restauraunts), and the same keys worked for our room over the entire stay.

When we went on our December 2010 trip we booked a mixed Dining Plan trip. We started with 2 nights on Deluxe and then switched to 3 nights regular dining plan. We got one room key which was marked as DVC Multiple Dining. We had one room key for our entire trip. The only problem we encountered was with the dining CMs. They had never seen this dining plan listed and did not know what to do with it. We went to the Pepper Market for breakfast and the cashier could not figure it out. She said we did not have any dining plan and wanted to charge it to our room. I asked for a manager and he finally figured it out. I was hoping that by now the CMs would be more familiar with this.

We are going next month and I plan on splitting again. It worked our well for us last time.

They would'nt segment mine when i sent an e-mail. I had to phone them, the cm i spoke to had to get somebody else to segment my reservation (not sure who?), i was worried i might lose my room as i am staying club level at AKL , but it was not affected.:thumbsup2. I added the plan to the first 4 nights and the last 4 nights.

That's weird. My experience is the opposite. I couldn't get it taken care of over the phone (MS said they would have to cancel the reservation and rebook and I had an AKV value studio at Christmas! :scared1:). So I sent an email, and it was done the next day no problem.

We leave tomorrow morning for a 15 day stay split between BWV and BLT. On our first night we have QSDP, later in the trip we have 1 night of DDP and then later we have 1 night of DxDDP.

I was told by Member Services we will need to get new keys each time.

The first time I tried to call to segment was maybe a month ago, the first CM hadn't a clue what I was talking about. So I called back - took a while, but no issues. I only had segmented, not paid.

I called back yesterday (Thursday, 48 hours before our trip) and paid and also added the QSDP to the first night - they had no issues doing this and she said there was no risk of loosing the room. :thumbsup2

I will report back here on how it all goes!

So you are switching your plan everyday? Did you set your segments up for each day as well?

Is is it true that they will not expire for 48 hours? So the nothing days you actually could have meals left that can be used?

We leave tomorrow morning for a 15 day stay split between BWV and BLT. On our first night we have QSDP, later in the trip we have 1 night of DDP and then later we have 1 night of DxDDP.

I was told by Member Services we will need to get new keys each time.

The first time I tried to call to segment was maybe a month ago, the first CM hadn't a clue what I was talking about. So I called back - took a while, but no issues. I only had segmented, not paid.

I called back yesterday (Thursday, 48 hours before our trip) and paid and also added the QSDP to the first night - they had no issues doing this and she said there was no risk of loosing the room. :thumbsup2

I will report back here on how it all goes!

I can't wait to hear your report! Good luck.

Thanks for following up on this. It sounds like it works if everything is done "right" but is sounds like ther are still a multitude of ways to make it not work (from how it is booked to how the front desk handles it). At least they have acknowleged that it is an issue that they are working on.

bookwormde

We are one week out from our stay. I'm calling today to segment and add the plan. Hopefully I'll get someone that knows what they are doing... I'll report back on how it goes.

Is is it true that they will not expire for 48 hours? So the nothing days you actually could have meals left that can be used?

The dining plan credits are available on day of check in and check out; they start whenever you check in, and expire at midnight on the day of check out. So yes, if you had any available, they would last through midnight on a "nothing" day.

I called around noonish today. I told them CM that I needed to segment my ressie so that I could add the dining plan to a few days. He said, "I think i know where you are going with this". He brought up my res. and told me that he would have to check and see if there was still availability for the days I wanted to segment because I might lose my reservation. I told him that I had been told by several "other people" that there would be no danger in losing my reservation if I segmented. I started to panic a little and thought about hanging up the phone and calling back.:eek: But he asked if he could put me on hold and check with someone to see what he could do. I waited and then a few minutes later he came back on and said, "I want you to know that I have two other people assisting me so we can get this done without losing your reservation." I felt a little relieved, I just hoped the people assisting him knew what they were doing!:scared1: Just a few minutes later, he came back on again and told me it was time to pay the piper, so I paid the DP fees and we made some more small talk. He was a super nice man the entire time. I did ask if I would have to check back in each time we changed and he said he didn't know. They would let me know at the front desk when we checked in. Hopefully I won't regret this decision. I had my computer screen up while I was talking to him. I refreshed my screen and could now see the reservation as three seperate reservations. We are going to have the QSP the first night, and the DDP the 2nd and 3rd night, and nothing the last 5 nights. Fingers and toes crossed that it works and it doesn't turn out to be a nightmare.

Oh, I would so like to segment my existing reservation at BLT (4 nights) without the possibility of losing it. I made it last June. Also, I have a long stay at AKL Concierge and really don't need the DDP for the entire stay there but can't afford to lose that one by segmenting. I will have to make sure they can do it.... maybe they will soon get the bugs worked out for segmenting existing reservations.

Oh, I would so like to segment my existing reservation at BLT (4 nights) without the possibility of losing it. I made it last June. Also, I have a long stay at AKL Concierge and really don't need the DDP for the entire stay there but can't afford to lose that one by segmenting. I will have to make sure they can do it.... maybe they will soon get the bugs worked out for segmenting existing reservations.

I would try the email. Others have posted that they had sucess with an email stating what they wanted and that if it wasn't possible to do it without losing anything then not to do it. I think this takes the pressure off MS to do it instantly and gives them the time to do what they need to do. Many have said that it took about 2 days to get the email that all was done according to the request. I would start with your short BLT trip. I assume you have a difficult to get ressie that you don't want to lose.

Hi all! Posting from the BWV. On our arrival night, the 26th we had QSDP.

At check-in the CM was great, it was smooth, she understood the multiple plans. She did say we would have to get new keys each time we went on or off the plans.

So, first night-we go for a CS dinner, no issues at all. No questions from the CM, it ran like normal.

Next day, the 27th, the "check out day" on the credits, grabbed an AM snack. No issues.

We were at MK arrived back in room around 2 pm, keys still worked. In and out all afternoon and evening. No issues with the keys.

CS dinner, no problem once again.

Grabbed final snack at 11:45 pm, no issues.

Back to room, arrived after midnight-so technically the 28th...keys still worked!

So far everything has been perfectly smooth. We are now on no plan and have the DDP on the 4th, I expect we will need new keys then.

I'll keep ya posted!

I just tried to segment a VWL reservation (first night Deluxe remaining nights no DDP) after switching from AKV (today is my 7month window). The woman at MS said that she could not segment the reservation when booking it because then I could only book the first night (Sept 28) and would have to call back tomorrow to book Sept 29-October 3. I told her to just book the whole thing together and I would email MS later to segment it. She told me that I would have to call because MS couldn't do that via email :sad2: I know this is not true, so I will just figure this out later, right now I am just excited to try out VWL.

Hi all! Posting from the BWV. On our arrival night, the 26th we had QSDP.

At check-in the CM was great, it was smooth, she understood the multiple plans. She did say we would have to get new keys each time we went on or off the plans.

So, first night-we go for a CS dinner, no issues at all. No questions from the CM, it ran like normal.

Next day, the 27th, the "check out day" on the credits, grabbed an AM snack. No issues.

We were at MK arrived back in room around 2 pm, keys still worked. In and out all afternoon and evening. No issues with the keys.

CS dinner, no problem once again.

Grabbed final snack at 11:45 pm, no issues.

Back to room, arrived after midnight-so technically the 28th...keys still worked!

So far everything has been perfectly smooth. We are now on no plan and have the DDP on the 4th, I expect we will need new keys then.

I'll keep ya posted!

Great to know!! I'll be at BWV in less then 2 weeks and hope to have the same expierence. But reading all the earlier posts have me prepared to handle nearly any situation. Thanks so much for all the input. :hug:

Hey everyone - checking back in. So far all has been smooth, except what might be one minor hiccup....yesterday was our towel & trash day and we did not get service. Either they just missed us for some reason, or, it's due to the segmented reservation. I will be calling in just a few minutes to find out what happened and will report back.

Other than that, we still have the same keys as from check-in. Our next day with DDP is the 4th.

ETA - When I called housekeeping she said they would "look into why", so I'm not sure I'll ever find out why. If the same thing happens next week over at BLT, I'd surely place the blame on the segment. Housekeeping was very polite and said we'd be getting it today. :goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter