• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent runDisney Survey

Allowing people to buy their way into faster corrals is dumb and they shouldn't even be talking about it.
But it's not like RD tries all that hard to enforce the corrals anyway, so if they can make a buck off it...

Need 10 miler, and Star Wars characters. Was disappointed not to see them on the W&D course this year.

Interesting survey. I haven't done a RunDisney even since marathon weekend 2011 so I won't be getting one I'm sure. Still, I like to see what they are thinking.

While some of the upgrade extras would be cool I know they will be priced way to high for what they are. RunDisney has ridiculous pricing and no way I'm voluntarily paying more for an experience when I have already overpaid for the race IMO. The behind the scenes tour of the race for example would be cool for about $20 and no more. I suspect their pricing will be a digit higher. The welcome reception would be nice for $50. Wasn't it almost $200?

I do think adding an additional half to some weekends would be good. I don't know if it would be a different race or just a second version of he same race so people aren't closed out. I think more distances is always good so seeing an 8K 15K added to Wine & Dine weekend might be fun. I think, for example, they could do an 8K and half on Saturday night and then a half only on Sunday night. It would be the same half with the same medal but it would give runners who were closed out of the Saturday race another shot at the distance. People who wanted to run both the 8K and half could do so also by having the second race on Sunday while those who only want to do one race can do whichever race they want on Saturday. Obviously there would have to be some things ironed out such as whether or not you keep Epcot opened for an after party both nights or have a shorter version the second night, etc.

I do think having a time set aside exclusively for runners at the expo is a good idea. It wouldn't be the whole weekend and any non-runner who wants to go or runner who wants to go with their family would still have plenty of time to do so.

I really don't care that much about characters as far as pictures are concerned but I do like seeing them out. When I do Disney races I run them the same way I do every other race I do so I don't stop but it is nice seeing the characters along the course.

I would like to see a spring race weekend for Flower and Garden the same way they do W&D for Food and Wine and treat it as an Epcot double. The race ambassador/mascot/theme can change from year to year for that spring race so you may have a Pixar character one year followed by a Villian the next and then maybe an attraction or Figment the third, etc. It would give them a race where they can rotate the theme like they do the 5Ks.

I am not sharing anything that others have not said. But the the idea of buying a corral placement bothered me enough to have to repeat the comments of others! Dangerous to mix real fast runners and slower runs together too much; isn't that waht the corrals are for in the first place! Plus the Proof of Time process has added to the whole experience for me. I really hope RunDisney stays away from that.

In general the merchandise portion of expos don't appeal much to me, just too crowded. So runner access only is an interesting thought; I would never want to pay for that though...

The one item that did jump out at me was the option to get a behind the scenes tour. I find the organiztion of Marathon Weekend/RunDisney to be amazing! I would love to see how some of that is put together and facilitated. That is something I would pay for, but that is probably it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter