• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

recently booked 2018 Oct Panama Canal EB on the Wonder, couple of questions!!!

Hongyi Zhang

Earning my Ears
Wife and I decided to try our first Disney Cruise with my 5 and 3 years old boys (at the time of sailing) booked the 14 day Panama Canal from San Diego to Galveston. We've never done anything more than 7 days before so question for anyone whose been on these 14 day cruises on Disney. Are their any repeats of Menu and Shows, or do they actually keep it fresh for all 14 days? How's the internet on DCL (we found Carnival and Royal Caribbean's internet passable). unfortunately since it's 14 days long, I'd probably still have to do some minimal work related stuff from time to time which requires internet. Also this will be an Halloween on the High Seas sailing which we know our boys will love, is that just a one day thing or multiple days? Those are my 4 main questions. However any comments are welcome in terms of your experiences with DCL vs Carnival or Royal. We're very excited for this trip.

There will be a new show and menu each night. You will still gets the 3 main stage productions. They add in others including comedians, magicians, musicians. You can see old navigators to see what was offered.

Yes there are different menu's and shows each night. The Halloween decorations stayed up the entire cruise. We have never used the internet while on board, so not really sure how well it works. As GoofyLovingFamily mentioned, if you go to the disney cruise line blog there are old navigator's posted that should help. Have a wonderful cruise!

On the WBPC trip we did this year, we had the regular rotational menus mixed in with themed menus ie. Frozen, Pirates In The Caribbean etc. They offered a variety of shows, although every night there won't be a live action stage show like Golden Mickey's or Frozen, they have other forms of entertainment as well, we experienced Magic shows, singers and groups performing as well. As for internet, the speeds aren't stellar, a lot depends on your location on the ship when you use the onboard internet service. I supplemented my Internet data needs by purchasing a International hot spot device called SkyRoam, it only works off cellular data networks ONLY while in ports, and also during the Panama Canal transit. At sea I relied on the onboard internet service. Be sure to look for social media groups that pertain to your sailing date to find out more information and to be able to join other activities that they might be organizing through the group. Enjoy your upcoming cruise! The Canal is amazing!

Thanks for the responses. Two additional questions, anyone remember what is the cost of various internet plans? Also how much upcharge is Palo for lunch? Is it also $30 like it is for dinner? Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter