• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Recreational marijuana legal here in Canada as of tomorrow

New Canadian recreational use laws

Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Dislike

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
Thank you! I might give this a try.

YW. There are plenty of brands of it out there. Many will list the sugar content. Some don't. 20-30 years ago, the wine snobs would totally make fun of you. But sweeter wines have come into their own since then and well wine snobbery is thankfully a fading trend.

To play devil's advocate, that happens on both sides of the fence.

You have the against who act like 1 joint and you'll be murdering people in back alleys high off your rocker. That legalization will cause their kids to immediately become stoners and the whole world will be baked forever!!

Then you have the for side that will not acknowledge that there are some inherent negatives pertaining to weed and act as though it is as safe as a glass of water. While it certainly is safer than a LOT of other substances, it has it's dangers, especially in developing teenagers.

Yup totally agree. I'm not sure the world would necessarily be a bad place if everyone was stoned though. Many in this world need to relax a bit and just enjoy life. That being said the pro-cannabis side does tend to gloss over the potential negative side effects of smoking it. Smoke is smoke and is harmful if done too often. But that's where edibles come in to play. As far as kids smoking it. That's been going on for decades.

How? Because in order to smoke pot you have to possess it? I missed something.

I didn't resist or obstruct (destroy evidence). I did have priors, but I was not on probation. All of my priors were misdemeanors and stemmed from the same arrest. I got drunk when I was 18 and stole from Target. I ended up with a trespassing charge, petty theft, and under age drinking.

I don't know you or what you claim you see 5 days a week. Obviously you are trying to convince me you either are a cop or work in the court system some way. But this isn't just me and you chatting. I'm not trying to sell you on anything. You can tell me your the Queen of England.

What I posted are statistics. You claim you know more than me, which you very well may. But I don't know you. So I use stats to back my arguments. I'm not really trying to convince you of anything and honestly this has gone so far off track, I'd like to get back to topic.

I'm aware of that. My aunt is a judge who worked in the public defenders office for 20 years. I married into a family of lawyers. I know that has little to do with me and doesn't make me an attorney, but I'm not completely oblivious to how the system works.

First, don't try to pin me as someone you know. I don't appreciate it.

I don't blame anyone for what happened to me. I take full responsibility. I know what I did was illegal. I was arrested for smoking pot in a park. I didn't resist. I didn't destroy evidence or obstruct. I thought because the pot was all gone I could beat it. I plead not guilty against my lawyers recommendations because I was a dumb 19 year old know it all. Had I plead no contest I'd likely have gotten probation. But no, I wanted to beat the system. Dumb.
I was charged with possession, and convicted. I received a sentence of 6 months due to priors (non drug BTW, misdemeanor trespassing, petty theft, and underage drinking) which I served 3 months of with a year probation. I make no excuses so climb off you high horse ok.
I used my case as an example because YES PEOPLE DO GET ARRESTED FOR SMOKING (POSSESSION SINCE SEMANTICS ARE IMPORTANT) AND YES THEY ARE JAILED.

Okay. But this is a public forum and others will read this. So I add in the stats and let them make their own decisions.

And?

I never said anything about being royalty of any stripe. No, we don't know one another, nor do we need to. I have no need to lie, embellish or minimize anything about myself, nor do I have the time or the patience for those who do.

Right, that's why there is a huge push for non-
To play devil's advocate, that happens on both sides of the fence.

You have the against who act like 1 joint and you'll be murdering people in back alleys high off your rocker. That legalization will cause their kids to immediately become stoners and the whole world will be baked forever!!

Then you have the for side that will not acknowledge that there are some inherent negatives pertaining to weed and act as though it is as safe as a glass of water. While it certainly is safer than a LOT of other substances, it has it's dangers, especially in developing teenagers.

Except for unlike alcohol or opioids you can not OD and die ... you couldn’t smoke enough in one sitting to kill you ( although you may wish you were dead ) .
I would also like to say it very well be safer then a glass of water , depending on where you got the water hahaha

I never said anything about being royalty of any stripe. No, we don't know one another, nor do we need to. I have no need to lie, embellish or minimize anything about myself, nor do I have the time or the patience for those who do.

Ok good. I wasn't implying you were lying BTW. Just that I don't know you or what it is you do or know. I'm not sure if you are implying I am lying but it doesn't really matter.

We are both random internet people who know nothing of each other.

Yup totally agree. I'm not sure the world would necessarily be a bad place if everyone was stoned though. Many in this world need to relax a bit and just enjoy life. That being said the pro-cannabis side does tend to gloss over the potential negative side effects of smoking it. Smoke is smoke and is harmful if done too often. But that's where edibles come in to play. As far as kids smoking it. That's been going on for decades.

I think this is a very salient point. I would not use CBD if I had to smoke or vape it. I take it as a pill with my morning meds, and the occasional lollipop, or gummy bear. My lungs will never be a 100% after being on a vent, so one of my first bits of hesitation was alleviated when I understand I could simply ingest it. Even if it got legalized here I don't think I'd be running to the store, but on really bad days I might consider it.

The police do not chase minor offenders.
No, they don't. And in our jurisdiction, for example, where "harm reduction" has become a priority, there are publicly-funded safe-shooting sites. In them addicts consume anything and everything including crack, crystal meth, fentanyl and heroine, supervised by medical professionals and LEO. These are defacto decriminalization zones where laws against possession and/or use of these substances are not enforced. I suppose it depends on the place but I imagine most areas of Canada are similar in that policing focusses far more on illegal distribution and organized crime relating to drugs.

No, they don't. And in our jurisdiction, for example, where "harm reduction" has become a priority, there are publicly-funded safe-shooting sites.

I think that's a great program considering the opioid crisis, but I know so little about drugs I had to re-read this a couple of times. In my head I went straight to gun violence.

The difference is people can drink wine or beer for the flavor and not to get a buzz. Nobody smokes weed for the flavor. Nobody.

Speak for yourself. Its Tobacco I cant get my head around anyone smoking or chewing.

There is no need to push for non-alcoholic grape drinks because we already have plenty of them.

c008c34d5aee734b802940ceb8a47f50.jpg

41DUOEGxiKL.jpg

GUEST_2a9fa04d-17be-423c-8272-95d97a87f4bb

Oh and they even have blends like apple grape, cranberry grape, and the like.

No need to lobby for something we already have.
And none of these taste remotely like wine.

I dont rhink most are saying there are no negatives, just that the negatives are no greater than smoking tobacco or drinking alcohol

See, to each their own as I love a good cigar!!
Lol I know , still a bit shocked someone replied with “ no one ever “ lol I even stated myself I enjoy my THC cotton candy vape for the flavor .. the reply was “ not true “ hahahahaha what ?? Lol it’s hard to have a conversation when people don’t respect others opinions . I know plenty of people that smoke or drink for both reasons ... their personal taste and “ the buzz “

Lol I know , still a bit shocked someone replied with “ no one ever “ lol I even stated myself I enjoy my THC cotton candy vape for the flavor .. the reply was “ not true “ hahahahaha what ?? Lol it’s hard to have a conversation when people don’t respect others opinions . I know plenty of people that smoke or drink for both reasons ... their personal taste and “ the buzz “

Unfortunately that's how the internet works. People cannot disagree civilly anymore.

Hell I pointed out that fruit juice cocktail wasn't wine and was called pompous earlier. LOL

Oh well.

I think that's a great program considering the opioid crisis, but I know so little about drugs I had to re-read this a couple of times. In my head I went straight to gun violence.
I guess we'll agree to disagree. This costs many, many millions of public dollars per year. At the same time, meaningful addiction treatment is practically impossible to access through our health system; there are 35 in-patient beds in our city for a population of 1.2 million. Private facilities are largely beyond reach, cost-wise, for the average addict because with a public heath care system very few people have supplemental private insurance that would cover addiction treatment. So instead of even attempting to address the need, we give addicts a cozy place to smoke, snort or shoot with cartoons playing on tv and sugary snacks provided. Oh, and free naloxone kits available to everyone through pharmacies and fire halls, all while gang violence fueled entirely by the drug trade rage. It's simply disgraceful. :sad2:

I guess we'll agree to disagree. This costs many, many millions of public dollars per year. At the same time, meaningful addiction treatment is practically impossible to access through our health system; there are 35 in-patient beds in our city for a population of 1.2 million. Private facilities are largely beyond reach, cost-wise, for the average addict because with a public heath care system very few people have supplemental private insurance that would cover addiction treatment. So instead of even attempting to address the need, we give addicts a warm place to smoke, snort or shoot with cartoons playing on tv and sugary snacks provided. Oh, an free naloxone kits available to everyone through pharmacies and fire halls, all while gang violence fueled entirely by the drug trade rage. It's simply disgraceful. :sad2:

Re naloxone kits..would you rather people just died from their od?

Root beer flavoured paper definitely improves the taste. Uh, Er, my friend told me that..
We can’t answer, we’re out debauching

But that proves my point. Your friend uses root beer paper to partially cover up the taste. It's kind of like liver. Potatoes, onions, and bacon improve the taste. But Potatoes, bacon and onions would taste better without the liver. :)

Unfortunately that's how the internet works. People cannot disagree civilly anymore.

You started with the incivility. But it's always the fault of those that disagree with you.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter