Refillable mug question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyFreaks

<font color="red">Don't get me started about those
I was just reading a thread about the new refillable mugs on the Resorts Board. From what I am gathering you may now use the new mugs at any resort's refill station for the length of your whole trip because the mugs are identical. Am I reading this right? We will be staying at POFQ for two nights before we check into OKW. We can purchase the mugs there and also refill them at Goods To Go at OKW? Or are the DVC resorts not included in this? It would sure work well for our DSIL since he is a soda addict and has to have a cup with him almost always. Does anyone have any information about this new mug program?

Just a bump because I need to know also! We are going to be at ASMu and SSR in October.

I was just reading a thread about the new refillable mugs on the Resorts Board. From what I am gathering you may now use the new mugs at any resort's refill station for the length of your whole trip because the mugs are identical.
I hope that this isn't true. I buy the mug as a souvenir. I have one from Fort Wilderness that I bought a year and a half ago, because I stayed there in the '70s. I never even filled it.

I have recently read that they were selling "generic" mugs. (They used to sell mugs with the resort logo and year printed on them). Generic mugs would mean they really have no way of telling where you purchased them. The mugs usually sell for around 11-12.00 each. They can then be refilled with tea, coffee, iced teas and soda, at various resort filling stations. At SSR they can be filled at the Artists Pallete and the Graandstand pool and Highrocks pool bar.

Y'know, I'd be okay with this as long as I had the option to also purchase a site-specific mug if I wanted.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy my VWL mug when I'm in the car-I'll glance over at it and smile, and the smell of woodsmoke and the sound of quacking ducks drifts through my mind...:goodvibes

But we've had some trips where a "hopper mug" would have come in very handy...

I bought a 44 oz Orlando mug at a flee market in in 1999. It has been good at any resort since. It even works at Universal resorts. popcorn::

Mmm...

Cola-flavored swamp water, deee-licious.

I hope that this isn't true. I buy the mug as a souvenir. I have one from Fort Wilderness that I bought a year and a half ago, because I stayed there in the '70s. I never even filled it.

I totally agree with you JimVL. We have always purchased the resort mugs as souvenirs also. But if this is a done deal then I guess we'll just have to live with it and buy the resort logo coffee mugs for our collections. It would be nice to be able to use them at other resorts as well as the one where we purchased the mug though.

Kickapoo Joie Juice: I hear ya. We have sentimental feelings over each of our resort mugs. All the neat memories they bring to mind is priceless

The individual mugs are nice, but a generic mug usable at any resort makes a lot more sense for Disney and guests. There's really no practical way of enforcing non-use as the refillable stations aren't guarded. And it makes no sense for guests to have to pay for an extra mug every time they resort hop.

What it will do is put to rest the refillable mug police on the DIS.;)

We just returned from Pop Century, and they had a generic "Year of a Million Dreams" mugs. However, when the cashier explained the deal to the people behind me in line, it was still "Good only at Pop Century" (though she didn't include for the length of your stay).

As we already had Pop Century mugs, the YoaMD mugs were kind of a nice souvenir, and I think we more than got our money's worth. Fingers crossed, when we go in November to SSR they'll have non-generic or at least generic DVC mugs rather than these as I don't need 4 or 5 of them at home.

Mur!

We just returned from Pop Century, and they had a generic "Year of a Million Dreams" mugs. However, when the cashier explained the deal to the people behind me in line, it was still "Good only at Pop Century" (though she didn't include for the length of your stay).

Well shoot. The way they are explaining it on the Resorts Board is you can use them at all resorts selling the generic mugs. We have a split stay on our next trip and that would have worked out well. We'll probably buy the Year of a Million Dreams mugs anyway just to have them but it would be nice to be able to use them at both resorts. I don't see how they would know where you bought the mugs if they all look alike though. From what I read each year there will be a different mug so you wouldn't be able to bring them back. Of course if you book more than one trip per year I guess you could "cheat" the system that way. Not that any of us would do that. ;)

Snip......

Sadly, no, it won't. Because there are people (not saying who :scared1: ) that bought their mugs forever ago with the understanding that they are good forever! :thumbsup2

The individual mugs are nice, but a generic mug usable at any resort makes a lot more sense for Disney and guests. There's really no practical way of enforcing non-use as the refillable stations aren't guarded. And it makes no sense for guests to have to pay for an extra mug every time they resort hop.

Exactly. We're doing a VB/SSR trip from 5/13-5/19 and if this is true it works out great for a trip like that. Why should we pay $44 at VB for 3 days and then ANOTHER $44 at SSR for the same week? If it's true, I think Disney is responding to the travel habits of a lot of their guests.

Someone on another thread posted that the Year of a Million Dream mugs which are being sold at a few of the Resorts now say on them "good at all beverage island stations", so that means all WDW Resorts and not just where you purchased them.

Someone on another thread posted that the Year of a Million Dream mugs which are being sold at a few of the Resorts now say on them "good at all beverage island stations", so that means all WDW Resorts and not just where you purchased them.

It's a good business decision on Disney's part. Soda is dirt cheap through fountains and guests will be very happy about it.

Are they charging the same price for the YOAMD mugs? :rolleyes1

If they are tagged "good at all beverage island stations", does that mean:
If your resort is not selling them, you can go get one somewhere else and use it everywhere? :idea:

Are they charging the same price for the YOAMD mugs? :rolleyes1

If they are tagged "good at all beverage island stations", does that mean:
If your resort is not selling them, you can go get one somewhere else and use it everywhere? :idea:
I think the price is $11.99 and if your Resort is not selling them, I see nothing wrong with going to another Resort to purchase the mug so you can use it every where else. My reasoning behind that is since the mugs are the exact same design no one will know where you purcahsed your's at and since they are good at all the Resorts, your not breaking any rules.

Besides Cast Members don't stop guests from using mugs from previous vacations which say "good for lenght of stay" so I doubt there has ever been mug enforcement rules at the Resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter