Refillable mug question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the one we purchased just last weekend at Pop it says:

"Free refills available at our Resort Beverage Islands until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased"

Nowhere does it say at the resort you purhcased it at so presumably if you hop around you can refill other places. But it is just length of stay still.

Jim

That statement right there, in WHICH the mug was purchased, says to ME, that it means the resort in which you purchased it.

That statement right there, in WHICH the mug was purchased, says to ME, that it means the resort in which you purchased it.

Depends on whether the "it" refers to the resort or the stay - It could be either - the resort in which the mug was purchased or the stay in which the mug was purchased. I tend to think if it was the resort it should read AT instead of IN.

Depends on whether the "it" refers to the resort or the stay - It could be either - the resort in which the mug was purchased or the stay in which the mug was purchased. I tend to think if it was the resort it should read AT instead of IN.

Hmm, that makes sense too! Didn't see it that way before, but do now. Hmm. I am thinking it must be the time period then, as they would have had the resort name on it. :confused3

I believe gramatically speaking the preposition "in" refers to a place (ie: the resort), and "during" would refer to a period of time (ie: the time of visit). So gramatically if they are referring to the stay they should say :"until the end of the stay during which the mug was purchased"
Howver, grammar aside, I think they mean free refills for the length of your visit. That is how I will read it, anyway.

I believe the real question is: "Does Resort mean WDW (does this include VB :rotfl2: ) or does this mean the specific place you are staying?"popcorn::

We purchased the ASMovies mugs last April, then when we went back in July we stayed at ASSports and they would not let me use the mugs I had bought at the ASMovies. So, I had to end up buying 4 more mugs! I think the new idea of having one mug for everyone is great for those of us that go multiple times in a year and stay at different resorts! We went this year in March, going back in May and December, and hopefully we can use the same mugs we bought in March all year long. :thumbsup2

We purchased the ASMovies mugs last April, then when we went back in July we stayed at ASSports and they would not let me use the mugs I had bought at the ASMovies. So, I had to end up buying 4 more mugs! I think the new idea of having one mug for everyone is great for those of us that go multiple times in a year and stay at different resorts! We went this year in March, going back in May and December, and hopefully we can use the same mugs we bought in March all year long. :thumbsup2

Uh oh...

Doh.

popcorn::

Just have to hang around to see the posts on this one. popcorn::

I agree. The thread on the Resorts Board states that some folks have asked and were told it means the vacation stay not the resort. Of course we have no proof if this is true or not. As others have mentioned though how would they know if all of the mugs are identical? Unless each resort has a specific code of some sort? :confused3

I agree. The thread on the Resorts Board states that some folks have asked and were told it means the vacation stay not the resort. Of course we have no proof if this is true or not. As others have mentioned though how would they know if all of the mugs are identical? Unless each resort has a specific code of some sort? :confused3
In the threads about this on the Resort board they have mentioned that the mugs look exactly the same, so there is no way to tell which Resort they were purchsed at.

In the threads about this on the Resort board they have mentioned that the mugs look exactly the same, so there is no way to tell which Resort they were purchsed at.

Exactly. That's why I'm thinking they probably mean you can use them at other refill stations. If there's no way to tell them apart then there's no way to stop guests from using them at other resorts.

Exactly. That's why I'm thinking they probably mean you can use them at other refill stations. If there's no way to tell them apart then there's no way to stop guests from using them at other resorts.
It's the same thing with the mugs with the Resort logo on them. Just because those mugs said "Free refills untl the end of your stay" means nothing, because other guests and Cast Members could not tell when the mugs were purchased if guests decided to bring them back on future vacations, if the desings were not changed.

It's the same thing with the mugs with the Resort logo on them. Just because those mugs said "Free refills untl the end of your stay" means nothing, because other guests and Cast Members could not tell when the mugs were purchased if guests decided to bring them back on future vacations, if the desings were not changed.

From what I'm understanding the new mugs have the year 2007 on them. So possibly Disney is thinking along the lines of lifting the one resort only rule but making it harder to bring the mugs back year after year?

From what I'm understanding the new mugs have the year 2007 on them. So possibly Disney is thinking along the lines of lifting the one resort only rule but making it harder to bring the mugs back year after year?
Even though I have not seen the pictures of these mugs, you are correct about the year being on them because that is what people have said when describing these mugs. However since Cast Members never confront guests who bring back old mugs and etc and use them at other Resorts, I don't think having the year on them will change anything. I seen guests use different Resort mugs at the Contemporary and no Cast Member has stopped them, so to me putting the year on them will not make a difference.

I guess putting a generic mug out is part of the rebranding process happening at all of the resturants and bars. Eliminate the individual resort, restuarant and bar/drink signatures and making everything the same or similar across the board.

With the mugs only having the year and not the season, is really opening mug abuse throughout WDW. Buy in January, good all year. How is Disney to know and would they really do anything about it anyway?

In the end Disney has done this for a reason and that is most likely cost. So, they must know something we don't.

Let's think about it a bit.

1. Printing a single mug for all resorts will be cheaper than doing one per resort
2. The number of people who do return trips in a single year is probably fairly small
3. The cost for soda is extremely low if any at all depending on the licensing agreement between Disney and Coke. With a large enough distribution and advertising potential Disney is most likely getting the soda for free
4. Having a single mug and changing it year to year will make it easier for CMs to spot "mug abusers"

So, while I will stop short of condoning people using the same mug on multiple trips, I think the "risk" or cost to Disney is probably nothing and they clearly have more to gain by doing it this way.

For me, I just liked collecting the mugs from each resort. When we did make multiple trips in a year we would stay at different resorts and get each mug more as a souvenir than anything else. Now...well, I don't know what we'll do. Good thing I have till November to decide ;)

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter