Refreshing for FPs??

How many people are you looking for? I dropped that one already but do find that I can often find FOP for 3 people for the following AM. Just keep refreshing (that one took under a minute).
We have 4 people and it isn't until March 2 so I still have lots of time! I also don't check that often. Maybe two or three times a day without sitting and refreshing.

We have 4 people and it isn't until March 2 so I still have lots of time! I also don't check that often. Maybe two or three times a day without sitting and refreshing.
The further out from the date the harder (other than 60+ days). Night before and day of typically have the most movement.

While double checking to make sure that I could in fact keep clicking the same time, look what I found for tomorrow morning! Now to go cancel it as I'm sitting here in Canada just dreaming of being at WDW. View attachment 298370

Man I wish I had this luck. I spent a little under 2 hours (I’m actually timing it) last weekend trying to get a same day FOP to come up. Nothing. Granted, I was looking for 5, but I just don’t seem to have the success rate others seem to have.

I do have an android phone. The time that I last click on is highlighted and I can just keep clicking that time over and over. It also works that way using a browser to access MDX both mobile and desktop. iPhone I don't know.

That must be a difference in the android version of the app.

Man I wish I had this luck. I spent a little under 2 hours (I’m actually timing it) last weekend trying to get a same day FOP to come up. Nothing. Granted, I was looking for 5, but I just don’t seem to have the success rate others seem to have.
Have you tried splitting the group up? That is, finding a FP for a group of 3, and if successful, try finding another FP for the other 2 that falls within the same timeframe as the first FP?

FoP is very popular, so the odds of doing that are probably low. But you can always try. We found another FP for FEA using the same method.

Have you tried splitting the group up? That is, finding a FP for a group of 3, and if successful, try finding another FP for the other 2 that falls within the same timeframe as the first FP?

FoP is very popular, so the odds of doing that are probably low. But you can always try. We found another FP for FEA using the same method.

Yes, I'd even try for two, two, and one for FoP. If I couldn't get overlapping times, we'd probably just split up. We have five in our family, and when we are looking for a 4th FP, I always break us up into three and then two. You can rarely find something really good for five.

I did try that the weekend before and decided that was hopeless for FOP. In an hour searching for 2 people, I saw it twice and not for overlapping times. I did see Na’vi come up 6 times so that seems like it’s possible. I use that approach fairly often for other things (often M&Gs which seem to be harder due to low capacity). But if the kids really like FOP, we may just have to ride it a second time as two separate groups whenever we can get FPs.

The further out from the date the harder (other than 60+ days). Night before and day of typically have the most movement.

Yes, this is spot on. It's nearly pointless to try to do it more than 24-36 hours out. You MAY get something doing that, but unlikely. Same day is when things really start to become very, very fluid.

So are you able to look at fastPasses more than 60 days out? I forgot what the screen looks like when trying to make fast passes. I thought it just showed you available times so how can you click on the time to refresh? Sorry, I’m confused. I have an iPhone.

So are you able to look at fastPasses more than 60 days out? I forgot what the screen looks like when trying to make fast passes. I thought it just showed you available times so how can you click on the time to refresh? Sorry, I’m confused. I have an iPhone.
If you have an onsite stay you can book your full stay at the 60 day mark. If you look at the rides and times available you can choose what time you are searching for. If you click on a different time it will refresh. The rides and times available can be different every time you click/refresh. It's not as big of a deal 60 days out as there will be alot of times to choose from but when you're looking closer to your stay and looking to add additional FP's on the day of its a way to find FP's as others drop them.

Great! I was confused. So basically when trying to book additional fast passes just click on different times to keep refreshing until something pops up? What happens if there are no fastpasses available for a particular ride? That ride won’t even show up on the screen, will it? So how do I keep refreshing to see if it pops up?

Also for those asking earlier in the thread, the ADRs do work this way the night before, as well as day of. There are work around that allow people to cancel their ADRs same day; so you will see reservations pop up if you just search. We had to cancel a few meals during our trip, and didn’t book replacements, and there were plenty of options popping up as I refreshed.

Great! I was confused. So basically when trying to book additional fast passes just click on different times to keep refreshing until something pops up? What happens if there are no fastpasses available for a particular ride? That ride won’t even show up on the screen, will it? So how do I keep refreshing to see if it pops up?
Just click the time you want, for general rides. If one opens, it will pop up.

Yes, you keep clicking on different times (or the same one, that works too) until something pops up.

If there are no FP+ available at all for the attraction, it will tell you and give you other options.

You keep refreshing, and if something opens up, it will show you.

To add to the info Klayfish provided...
If you are looking for a 4th FP (or booking initially) the tier one FP always show up on top. So if there's a Pandora FP, it will be listed first.
Magic Kingdom is the hardest, imo, because there's no tiers and so many attractions. When they come up, the rides available come up in alphabetical order, followed by the unavailable rides in alphabetical order. If you're looking for 7DMT or Space Mountain, you have to scroll down and look in the "S" section. So rather than just hitting a new time to refresh, refresh, refresh... you have to refresh, scroll down, scroll up, refresh.

My experience - said here too - was it’s great and very successful on the same day. The volume of movement is much lower before same day, so don’t get discouraged or waste too much time before the day-of.

To add to the info Klayfish provided...
If you are looking for a 4th FP (or booking initially) the tier one FP always show up on top. So if there's a Pandora FP, it will be listed first.
Magic Kingdom is the hardest, imo, because there's no tiers and so many attractions. When they come up, the rides available come up in alphabetical order, followed by the unavailable rides in alphabetical order. If you're looking for 7DMT or Space Mountain, you have to scroll down and look in the "S" section. So rather than just hitting a new time to refresh, refresh, refresh... you have to refresh, scroll down, scroll up, refresh.
I think it’s easier (if possible) to take any time you can for space, splash, or 7dmt and then try to modify to an earlier time. That way you aren’t scrolling down every time.

People do cancel for whatever reasons.
I just moments ago cancelled safari and FOP for this afternoon for 4 people.
DH came down with the flu and we called it a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter