Refreshing for FPs??

Wow that’s bad. We went during spring break and it was great.
It was. I posted on the Universal board and was basically told it couldn’t be true. As a comparison—I spent a half day at Universal and a half day at Animal Kingdom on the same day. 30 + min waits with Express Pass, seamless touring using the above discussed Fastpass method. Maybe I just got unlucky, but I’ll take fastpass any day.

It was. I posted on the Universal board and was basically told it couldn’t be true. As a comparison—I spent a half day at Universal and a half day at Animal Kingdom on the same day. 30 + min waits with Express Pass, seamless touring using the above discussed Fastpass method. Maybe I just got unlucky, but I’ll take fastpass any day.
I think you were just unlucky. I do like Disney overall more than universal but the express pass has always been amazing for us.

Thank you all! We planned our trip late so I missed out on FOP for our party of 5, and I'd been occasionally checking back on the website. But after reading this thread I switched to using the app, and within 10 minutes of sporadically refreshing while working I got evening FOP for all of us. I'd like to do earlier in the day, so I'll still keep refreshing for another time, but at least I feel confident that we will get to do it! My son will be overjoyed, we had talked about how we might have to skip it this trip and do it next year.

The tip about just taking any time for a desired attraction and modifying it later has changed my strategy for a few other things, too, so I appreciate that.

Love the refreshing option. It allowed my family to ride Tier 1 and other popular rides multiple times in one day, often in situations where by refreshing the app after tapping in at the FP+ sensor, we booked another FP within 10 minutes of the current FP. Rode 7DMT 3 times, FEA 3 times, Soaring and TT twice in the same day. It doesn't mean you are burying your nose in your phone all day and not enjoying the Disney experience (as some naysayers like to post), it only takes a few seconds here and there. Besides, if riding those popular rides and saving time by getting FPs IS your idea of your Disney experience, then to hell with the other posters. Let them wait hours in standby while being present and living in "that moment". :crazy:

Last edited:
Love the refreshing option. It allowed my family to ride Tier 1 and other popular rides multiple times in one day, often in situations where by refreshing the app after tapping in at the FP+ sensor, we booked another FP within 10 minutes of the current FP. Rode 7DMT 3 times, FEA 3 times, Soaring and TT twice in the same day. It doesn't mean you are burying your nose in your phone all day and not enjoying the Disney experience (as some naysayers like to post), it only takes a few seconds here and there. Besides, if riding those popular rides and saving time by getting FPs IS your idea of your Disney experience, then to hell with the other posters. Let them wait hours in standby while being present and living in "that moment". :crazy:
When you refresh are you doing a specific time or clicking on morning, afternoon, evening? Just curious

When you refresh are you doing a specific time or clicking on morning, afternoon, evening? Just curious

I was wondering this, too. I have a morning FP+ for NRJ that I would love to change to FoP, but the system always starts by showing you similar times if available. If a FOP FP+ is available in the evening hours, will it still show up as an option?

It depends on what I am going for, but generally if I am going for additional FPs (have used 3 already), I will click on the next available time slot to check for any FPs that are ready for us to use as soon as we are done with the current ride. Say, for example, if I am in line for 7DMT using my 3rd FP at 1:55pm, I will click back on forth on the 2pm and the 2:30pm time slots to see if there is anything available that we want to ride, and if 7DMT is available at 2pm, I reserve it and know that we can get off the ride and right back into the FP+ line. If not, then I will go farther out, say 3pm and 4pm just to check what availability is like then. Even if there isn't anything I really want to go on, I might reserve it anyway and then try and modify it later. YMMV, but I think modifying a FP to get a different one is a bit "easier" than just searching for a brand new one. Of course, take into account what other plans you have when searching times (parades, ADRs, etc).

I don't tend to use the broader time ranges except to get a general sense of what is or isn't available later in the day. I BELIEVE, if a FP comes up available for the ride, you can click on the RIDE ICON (not the FP time slot) and it will give you all the FP time slots available at that time for that ride for the remainder of the day. Helpful, for sure.

It depends on what I am going for, but generally if I am going for additional FPs (have used 3 already), I will click on the next available time slot to check for any FPs that are ready for us to use as soon as we are done with the current ride. Say, for example, if I am in line for 7DMT using my 3rd FP at 1:55pm, I will click back on forth on the 2pm and the 2:30pm time slots to see if there is anything available that we want to ride, and if 7DMT is available at 2pm, I reserve it and know that we can get off the ride and right back into the FP+ line. If not, then I will go farther out, say 3pm and 4pm just to check what availability is like then. Even if there isn't anything I really want to go on, I might reserve it anyway and then try and modify it later. YMMV, but I think modifying a FP to get a different one is a bit "easier" than just searching for a brand new one. Of course, take into account what other plans you have when searching times (parades, ADRs, etc).

I don't tend to use the broader time ranges except to get a general sense of what is or isn't available later in the day. I BELIEVE, if a FP comes up available for the ride, you can click on the RIDE ICON (not the FP time slot) and it will give you all the FP time slots available at that time for that ride for the remainder of the day. Helpful, for sure.
You’re right about it showing you all of the times. I’ve seen that before. We are rd people so we really get most things done in the morning and hardly ever use additional FPs after our first 3. I think this trip I will try the next available time like you said and see what we can get. Even if it saves 15 minutes on something it’s better than nothing.

I was wondering this, too. I have a morning FP+ for NRJ that I would love to change to FoP, but the system always starts by showing you similar times if available. If a FOP FP+ is available in the evening hours, will it still show up as an option?

Yes, if you click to modify it. If you want FOP, I always just modified between the last 2 park times of the day and if any were availabe they will show up regardless of the time you are searching for because there will not normally be multiple time options at the same time. Luckily, when searching for FOP as a 4th FP+, it will always appear at the top of the list because it is first alphabetically.

I just click on the time that I am wanting (usually earliest possible) over and over. No need to click any other times.

This may be a stupid question, is there a refresh button? I have only used fast pass+ one time before and I never did this. I’m a little confused on what to do

This may be a stupid question, is there a refresh button? I have only used fast pass+ one time before and I never did this. I’m a little confused on what to do
No...you just click on the same or another time to have it refresh.

I just click on the time that I am wanting (usually earliest possible) over and over. No need to click any other times.

Do you have an android phone, if you don’t mind me asking. It won’t refresh for me if I keep trying to click the same time. I have to go back and forth between two times.

Do you have an android phone, if you don’t mind me asking. It won’t refresh for me if I keep trying to click the same time. I have to go back and forth between two times.
I have an iPhone and it won't let me click on the same time either. That's when I'm trying to modify, though. I don't know if it's different when you are in the park looking for a new experience.

I do have an android phone. The time that I last click on is highlighted and I can just keep clicking that time over and over. It also works that way using a browser to access MDX both mobile and desktop. iPhone I don't know.

While double checking to make sure that I could in fact keep clicking the same time, look what I found for tomorrow morning! Now to go cancel it as I'm sitting here in Canada just dreaming of being at WDW. Screenshot_20180126-212559.jpg

I'm just curious because I have a 10:50 that I've been trying to change for awhile. We have a Tusker House adr at 10:35 that I would like to keep.
How many people are you looking for? I dropped that one already but do find that I can often find FOP for 3 people for the following AM. Just keep refreshing (that one took under a minute).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter