Refurbishments/Rehab dates, Check here first

Bluto's will be closed from Jan. 6-18. Ripsaw will be closed from Jan. 20-31.

Bluto's will be closed from Jan. 6-18. Ripsaw will be closed from Jan. 20-31.

I'll be there on the week of Jan 21st. Not sure if I'll ride Bluto's (depends on the weather), but loved Ripsaw last time! :(

At least Jurassic Park will be open! :cool1:

WoodyWoodpecker Nuthouse coaster 1/5-1/12
Popeye and bluto Bilge rat barges 1/6-1/18
Dudley Do right ripsaw falls 1/20-1/31

Water rides aren't usually rehabbed until the slower season in January.

So, if this is true what do Universal do to Bluto's when they close it in the month of September?

As I remember back in 2003 it was closed early September, and more recently in 2011 it was closed late September?

If anyone has info on this I'd be grateful to hear it, as I'm visiting again from the UK late September 2013.:)

So, if this is true what do Universal do to Bluto's when they close it in the month of September?

As I remember back in 2003 it was closed early September, and more recently in 2011 it was closed late September?
I don't know why Bilge Rat Barges was closed last September and certainly not from 2003! I'll say again...Universal doesn't usually rehab water rides until January/February when it's not only slower but cooler. You'll have to wait until early September to find out what's going to be closed when you're visiting.

Anyone have an update on the demolition planned for this summer in the Lost Continent area? Any guesses on how it might affect Harry Potter touring? I am very excited about going this summer, since I had to cancel last summer's trip. TIA for any info!

That is a break for me. I took my niece on this ride a few years ago and liked it, though I could *barely* fit into the ride vehicle. I'll give it another try in a couple of weeks.

Updated January closures:
Woody Woodpecker Coaster Jan.5-12, Dragon Challenge Jan. 11-25, and Bluto's Jan. 24-31.

That is a break for me. I took my niece on this ride a few years ago and liked it, though I could *barely* fit into the ride vehicle. I'll give it another try in a couple of weeks.

Ripsaw? Just make sure to treat the ride like a slide/bobsled. Sit in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th seat, stretch your legs forward, and literally SLIDE in. :cool2: Bent knees ruin everything and make people feel like they can't fit. Most people can fit. Also, only bring the lapbar down so it's touching you. Not crushing you, like so many people do. Ow!

Woody Woodpecker Coaster Jan.5-12, Dragon Challenge Jan. 11-25, and Bluto's Jan. 24-31.
Ouch! No Dragon Challenge is bad! :scared1:

I'll probably shuffle my park days a bit because of that and do IoA on Jan 29th after it has reopened!

Ripsaw? Just make sure to treat the ride like a slide/bobsled. Sit in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th seat, stretch your legs forward, and literally SLIDE in. :cool2: Bent knees ruin everything and make people feel like they can't fit. Most people can fit. Also, only bring the lapbar down so it's touching you. Not crushing you, like so many people do. Ow!

Yes, I did get the sense at the time that I wasn't doing something quite right. It might have been preoccupation with making sure my niece was secured properly in the ride. (Most of my trips are solo.) On the other hand, I think it will be at least somewhat tight in any event; I had to shuffle out the 'walk of shame' at FJ before the modified seats came in, for example.

I will try your recommendations and see how it goes.

Ouch! No Dragon Challenge is bad! :scared1:

I'll probably shuffle my park days a bit because of that and do IoA on Jan 29th after it has reopened!

I wish I could move my dates around. The Dragon Challenge is one of the main reasons for us going there. UGH!

Have rides ever re-opened early? We're going on the 25th. It's not make or break for us, but I'm curious.

Have rides ever re-opened early? We're going on the 25th. It's not make or break for us, but I'm curious.
Don't know if you were interested in going on Popeye and Bluto's but their refurb is starting the 27th now...

I think Bluto's is starting earlier than that. My boyfriend works there and nobody's scheduled there that week.

I think Bluto's is starting earlier than that. My boyfriend works there and nobody's scheduled there that week.
It is starting earlier. I just posted the Feb. schedule. January's schedule was posted earlier in the thread. ** Just checked Bluto's was posted as Jan. 24**

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter