remember when disney channel had

I miss a lot of the old stuff, and some of it, not so old. My most recent favorite missing show is Kim Possible! Anyone know what it's just not on anymore? Don't get me started on Rollie Pollie Ollie, The Wiggles and a host of other "recent" oldies.

I do like some of the new stuff, Wizards, Phineas and Pherb, but for the most part, it's just not the same anymore. Even my daughter, 7, it's missing some of the shows from just a few years ago.

Atleast one of the old shorts shows was called Donald's Quack Attack or something similar. I loved it!

I also miss the old Disney Channel--all of the shows on there now are all the same (atleast after 3). I should know, I have an 8 year old. ;)

I REALLY wish Disney would create a Disney Classics Channel and show nothing but the old shows, cartoons, and movies (even stuff like the Apple Dumpling Gang and That Darn Cat and stuff)

Suite Life of Zack and Cody? I'd rather ride Stitch at the MK

I agree! There has been numerous threads of people wanting a "classic" Disney channel. The old stuff, movies, and cartoons. Loved watching "The Wonderful World of Disney" as a kid. Our library had "Yellowstone Cubs" and my kids loved it! Disney are you listening?????

When they took Vault Disney off, I hoped it was because they were going to start a Vault Disney channel -- something like a Disney version of TV Land. Alas ...

We never had Vault Disney here in the UK :(

We have Disney cinemagic which shows Disney films and a few cartoons like Lilo & Stitch but never the older stuff.

I'm a 70's girl and I remember watching the B&W old school Mickey Mouse Club with Annette and Cubby, lol. When they say that Britney Spears & Justin Timberlake were "Mousketeers," what does that mean?:confused3 Was there a "new" Mickey Mouse Club? Is there still one now?

Geez, that show helped me learn to spell Mickey (M-I-C--see you real soon...).
Michele/RutgersAlum

This morning I was thinking about how I always used to watch the Disney Channel while getting ready for school in the morning and I will even admit to watching it in High School. I remember the Old Winnie the Pooh Cartoon. I still sing the theme song

"Gotta get up,
Gotta get going,
Gonna see a friend of mine,
he warm and he's fuzzy,
I love him because he's just Pooh Bear,

Winnie the Pooh Bear,
Lookin' for fun, chasing some honeybees
Pooh bear, I know he's out there
Rumbly tumbly
Climbin' a honey tree

Fun never ends for us, we're so adventurous
Least every now and again
But when you're alone, and there's nobody home
It's nice to be able
To count on a friend like

Pooh bear, Winnie the Pooh Bear
Wherever you go, oh won't you take me please
Pooh Bear, I gotta be the-e-ere
It's me and it's you
My silly ol' Winnie the Pooooooooooh

Such good memories! I now have the Good Morning, Mickey theme song in my head. :) My younger sister used to watch The New Mickey Mouse Club every afternoon. I still remember when they sang "Opposites Attract" by Paula Abdul and changed the part about stealing bed covers so it would be more kid-friendly. We thought it was so funny! And when we went on vacation to WDW we saw the show set at MGM on the backlot tour (when the tour was still cool).

I was obsessed with the New Mickey Mouse Club! I remember sitting on the floor in my mom's room and watching it on her tv. And I still have a lot of the episodes recorded on beta. Yes, that's pretty old! :laughing: I even remember entering a contest about being a mouseketeer for a day. Yeah, I didn't win...

The old school stuff was the best. I was definitely a fan of Mousercise and Goof Troop and Bonkers were 2 of my favorite cartoons. While I am an adult now, I did like Jojo's Circus :goodvibes And I adore Charlie and Lola! The only tolerable things now are Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...

i miss kids incorporated! :lovestruc

I loved this! I tell my kids about it and they think I'm nuts.

Geez, that show helped me learn to spell Mickey (M-I-C--see you real soon...).
Michele/RutgersAlum

Pretty sure this was the first word I could spell!

I remember the Old Winnie the Pooh Cartoon. I still sing the theme song

Thanks for that memory! I sang that with my older kids...well, I sang it around them anyway. :rotfl:

Those 2 shows give me a headache lol, my 4 year old refuses to watch Playhouse Disney unless the Imagination Movers are on.

My 2 1/2 year old is ADDICTED to the Movers...I think I must have every single episode saved on the DVR. It's so bad he can request the episodes by name.:scared1:

I really do want Disney to create a channel dedicated to old Disney cartoons why can't they launch a uk channel some time.

I really do want Disney to create a channel dedicated to old Disney cartoons.

DITTO!!!!!

I hate this new crap they show right now!!!! IMHO, it is making the kids now disrespectful and just plain mean!!!!

I so enjoyed watching the old cartoons when I was young and still do to this day.

Bring them back Disney!!!!!!!!!

Kids Inc!!! Man I haven't thought about that show in ages!!! I still have the ONE album they released...yeah that totally kills any music credibility I have...but who cares...still love it!

Oh man, those were some GREAT shows! Not like the stuff they have on now. :( It's so sad my kids will never get to see any of this stuff. :sad2:

does anybody else remember "Under the Umbrella Tree"? It had Gloria Gopher, Jay Bluejay, and Izzy (I'm thinking he was an iguana??) I used to watch that one too.

Man, I really miss the classic Disney shows!

I miss the DC original movies like Zenon an Smart House - they need to show those again! I also miss the cartoons like Duck Tales and Chip N' Dale. :lovestruc
But I do love Phineas and Ferb and I enjoy watching Hannah Montana (not gonna lie!)

does anybody else remember "Under the Umbrella Tree"? It had Gloria Gopher, Jay Bluejay, and Izzy (I'm thinking he was an iguana??) I used to watch that one too.

Man, I really miss the classic Disney shows!

That was my FAVORITE Disney show in the morning, and it was the first one on. And yes Izzy (Iggy?) was an Iguana. I think... :confused3

I miss the DC original movies like Zenon an Smart House - they need to show those again! I also miss the cartoons like Duck Tales and Chip N' Dale. :lovestruc
But I do love Phineas and Ferb and I enjoy watching Hannah Montana (not gonna lie!)

I saw Smart House on about a month ago! I don't know if it was on Disney XD or Channel though. Zenon never comes on either.

Thank you so, so much for starting this thread ... Because I was going to start one similar.

I was channel-surfing last night and I came upon the Disney Channel (or the 2 Disney Channels that DirecTV provides us with). I pressed the remote control button to see what would be on later in the evening: The Suite Life ..., Cory in the House, Kim Possible, Hannah Montana, That's so Raven ... REALLY? At midnight? Yes, really. It was then that I realized how much I miss the "old school" days of the Disney Channel. Now, don't get me wrong. My kids watch (and enjoy) many of those shows. I guess I'm just a sucker for nostalgia.

Yes, I remember when the Disney Channel started in good old 1983. I remember shows like Mousercise, Good Morning, Mickey and Just You and Me, Kid. I remember excitedly seeing Pollyanna for the first time ever during the summer of 1983 on the Disney Channel. And my favorite of the "old school" Disney Channel fare? The Mickey Mouse Club: The Adventures of Spin and Marty, Annette, even the opening ditty of "We're the Mouseketeers, we wanna say hello. And give three cheers ..." was enough to send me on a trip down Walt Disney Lane.

I wish ... I mean, I really, really wish that the Disney Channel would consider changing their evening line-up. They can still give the tweens and teens their fill and then cut them off at 10:00. Vault Disney ... Open it up. Include some docs about Walt himself, some classic, non-animated Disney films, etc., etc. An entirely new channel (Vintage Disney, perhaps) would be really sweet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter