remember when disney channel had

I REALLY wish Disney would create a Disney Classics Channel and show nothing but the old shows, cartoons, and movies (even stuff like the Apple Dumpling Gang and That Darn Cat and stuff)

Suite Life of Zack and Cody? I'd rather ride Stitch at the MK

:lmao: Yes, I'd rather ride Stitch's Great Escape at MK ... And then have a root canal or two done.

This is my wish, too ... That Disney would create a Classics Channel. Vintage Disney, Classic Disney ... They could dream up a good name. I almost want to write a letter, start a petition, do something.

It seems that every time I turn on the TV, there's a new shopping channel (gems, art auctions, knives, coins, etc.). Enough! Give me a Classic Disney channel and I'll consider buying one of those knvives or coins.

:lmao: Yes, I'd rather ride Stitch's Great Escape at MK ... And then have a root canal or two done.

This is my wish, too ... That Disney would create a Classics Channel. Vintage Disney, Classic Disney ... They could dream up a good name. I almost want to write a letter, start a petition, do something.

It seems that every time I turn on the TV, there's a new shopping channel (gems, art auctions, knives, coins, etc.). Enough! Give me a Classic Disney channel and I'll consider buying one of those knvives or coins.

I'll add my wish to that, too! I remember all the shows (newer and older) that were mentioned. I would love to see them and have my kids see those for older kids. (I don't think they would watch any Pooh bear anymore!)

It's funny how mentioning them brings the theme songs to mind! (Kids In-cor-por-a-ted!)

I also remember the Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, although I was already an adult. Disneyland had a stage show about it that was great! We have even recently nicknamed our cats "Don Carnage... and Fat Cat" (Their real names are Mischief and Stitch!)

So... add my vote for a Vintage Disney. It has to include 60 years worth of stuff, though! Original MMC was from the 50's along with the serials people have mentioned. I was too young for it, and too old for the "new" MMC!

I used to love Mousercise, I'd actually get up to exercise. I wish they ran the re-runs I'd exercise to that today if it came on!

I used to also watch reruns of Growing Pains when it aired on Disney Channel.

If I'm bored I'll watch Disney Channel but the only thing I'll watch is Hannah Montana.

I have to admit, I miss DuckTales and Rescue Rangers! I watched them with my son in his younger days. I liked them just as much as he did. With my daughter, I did like Kim Possible and am looking forward to Epcot this summer just to experience the characters again.

I'm old in body only, not in mind.

Does anyone remember Epcot Magazine. That was my favorite show.

I think I was on that show -- they filmed a group of us when we went to EPCOT in high school (must have been about 1984) Somewhere at my Mom's house is a VHS video tape of it -- not too pretty but I get to tell my kids that Mommy was once on the Disney Channel :cool1:

I remember when they played classic disney cartoons - i am sure they still do at some time. i saw Snow White on ABC Family the other day - it's there if you search!

Have you noticed they've started showing some of the old cartoons between shows now? I just saw one this morning and was so excited, and another one just came on. It's so nice to see the old cartoons, I remember watching them in the mornings when I was a kid.

Remeber Walt Disney World Inside Out? I loved that show! And I loved Avonlea. That was such a nice family show.

Now, I've got the Kids Incorporated theme song stuck in my head! Thanks a lot. lol

I especially miss Vault Disney! What about Five Mile Creek? Hard to believe that there isn't a Mickey Mouse Club at all anymore. :sad1:

Like everyone else, I miss Vault Disney. I also miss Mousterpiece Theatre, The Disney Family Album and Backstage Disney World (or something like that).

I really don't know how Disney is going to instill brand loyalty in the younger generation when they don't broadcast the classic movies, TV shows and programs about the Imagineers, animators and theme parks as they did with my generation.

I really don't know how Disney is going to instill brand loyalty in the younger generation when they don't broadcast the classic movies, TV shows and programs about the Imagineers, animators and theme parks as they did with my generation.

I was thinking about this just this morning. It seems like with the younger generation Disney isn't about Mickey or Donald or the others, it's High School Musical, Hannah Montana and Kim Possible. I have nothing against these shows, but there needs to be a balance. We've forgotten the mouse!

I was thinking about this just this morning. It seems like with the younger generation Disney isn't about Mickey or Donald or the others, it's High School Musical, Hannah Montana and Kim Possible. I have nothing against these shows, but there needs to be a balance. We've forgotten the mouse!

I suppose there's "Mickey's Clubhouse" on The Disney Channel, but not much more than that.

When DH and I first got married we would get in bed every night and watch Vault Disney! We have bought some of the Treasure collections so we can some of the things on there! I soooo wish they'd bring that back!!!!!

To a pp I remember WDW Inside Out. I have a few episodes on tape. I loved that show.....now I just have to settle for the WDW planning video.
Hosting a show about WDW can you say DREAM JOB.

Another pp mentioned the Wiggles and Rollie Pollie Olie. I actually miss the wiggles. DD loved them so much. Then she grew up and told me she was too old for the wiggles. I think I cried a little.

A Classic Disney Channel would be great! BTW DD now loves Fineas and Pherb and I find it quite funny. She watches the SIMP episode over and over.

The -old- Disney Channel sounds pretty cool. I was one of the Y2K watchers: Lizzie McGuire, Lilo & Stitch series, Even Stevens, etc. House of Mouse was always a goody to watch though; I miss that show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter