Rental Car for March

I found a mini van at Alamo using some codes for $253 a week from March 26-April 2.

I feel it was a good deal and we need the van because DS SN stroller won't fit in a truck of a car.

What codes did you use? That's the week I'm looking for.

What codes did you use? That's the week I'm looking for.

I would also like to know the codes. I'm traveling the week prior and tried using the other codes just listed. The lowest I get is $441 for a minivan (through National and Alamo).

I found a mini van at Alamo using some codes for $253 a week from March 26-April 2.

I feel it was a good deal and we need the van because DS SN stroller won't fit in a truck of a car.
I don't know why my ticker isn't showing but we're gonna be in Orlando from March 23 - 29....in the Universal area. I wish we could meet up....but vacation time may be too tight and short. pirate:

I thought I would post an update to the 'saga'. I now have 2 reservation/confirmation numbers for 1 car rental. :upsidedow

After I called and asked to have the Insider number added, I could see the confirmation online. Before I called to ask about the higher rate, someone had gone in to change the rate manually back to my previous amount. Then, I couldn't get back in to see it or print out a copy. There was a message, in red letters, stating the rate had been adjusted and I needed to call in to Alamo.

I did call and, after some searching around in there, they found that the first confirmation number refers to the second confirmation number which, I am told, is my original rate. Even though I can't see it or print it out, I am to show my original confirmation print out and it will charge me the original rate but show my Insider account number.

Ahhh...gotta love vacation! :laughing:

use Costco ID:7015309 and coupon code: AD4027JDO get Alamo Compact $408.52 tax in from Mar 22- Apr 6, can I do better? any suggestions?
Thanks!

can I divided my 15 days trip into 2 seperate trips to take advantage the $40 off per week coupon, will Alamo allow me to do so? :)

Base Rate - Compact (USD)
(2) Time & Distance ($158.40/Week) $316.80
(1) Extra - Time & Distance ($22.63/Day) $22.63
Discount Coupon Accepted ($40.00)
Contract I.D. 7015309
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
(1) Additional Driver Included
Unlimited Miles Included

Subtotal $299.43+tax

I just checked on the Costco membership ID with the AD4027JDO coupon and it bounced back with a message in red telling me that coupon requires an Insider membership. I think Alamo is on to us.

I just checked on the Costco membership ID with the AD4027JDO coupon and it bounced back with a message in red telling me that coupon requires an Insider membership. I think Alamo is on to us.

I got that coupon from Mousesavers and I have used it to book a ressie for March 15th. It was accepted when I booked online.

In my case even if they don't accept the coupon I still got the best deal.

I have used the code for my ressie, too. But, to be safe, we joined the Insider. I'm being silly but I want to provide as much information as possible. :thumbsup2

The Alamo Insider membership is free and you can register right online. Just do that and then you know you won't have any problems. :goodvibes

While we prefer a SUV, minivan rates have seemed to really drop. Just booked a minivan through Alamo Insiders for March 26 to April 2. Used my Insiders member number, prepaid for a 10% discount and used coupon AD4027JDO for $40 off and paid total, out-the-door around $198. Can't beat that and the money saved in the pocket book will pay for a dinner or two at Disney! :cool1:

Make sure you register for the Alamo insider before doing your rental. I registered so I could get the free 2nd driver and had to do the whole car rental thing again. You cannot modify and add this to the reservation after it's complete. Learned this the hard way.

While we prefer a SUV, minivan rates have seemed to really drop. Just booked a minivan through Alamo Insiders for March 26 to April 2. Used my Insiders member number, prepaid for a 10% discount and used coupon AD4027JDO for $40 off and paid total, out-the-door around $198. Can't beat that and the money saved in the pocket book will pay for a dinner or two at Disney! :cool1:

Thanks for the heads up on the minivans. We had booked a mid-size at a very good rate, but I was getting nervous about how big Alamo's "mid-size" actually were, so decided to spring the extra few bucks for a minivan.

Quick question about pre-paying: I assume this gets you an EXTRA 10% off? Also, once you've pre-paid, do you have the option to cancel your reservation?

Richard,

I believe there is a tab or link on the Alamo site that says "pre-pay". I clicked on that to begin my reservation process. Once I got to the last page or where you pay, it shows the 10% discount being deducted from the price.
I noticed that when I got the confirmation email there was a link on the bottom if you wanted to "view, modify, or cancel" your reservation. I am guessing you can cancel with no problem. I think with this final price, I won't find anything better for us for a larger vehicle even with a another rental company. Good luck!

Thanks can! I had a midsize for $165 but for $198 I'll take the van. That's what I really wanted!

Now if I'm an Insider do I need to do the SaveTime thing and the kiosk?? Can I just go to the kiosk? Or do I just go out to the cars? I'm kind of confused.

From the ALAMO website regarding cancelling a prepay:

"Cancellation Fee - If the reservation is cancelled more than 24 hours before the pick up time, a $5 cancellation fee will be assessed. If the reservation is cancelled within 24 hours of the pick up or is not picked up at all, a $10 no-show fee will be assessed. Any optional insurance or CDW product selected at the time of reservation may be cancelled at the counter at the time of rental without incurring a cancellation fee."

As far as the Insiders , you must first use the Kiosk , then go to the garage and pick your vehicle in your class or res type then hand the paperwork to the attendant at the gate. Always do a walk around the vehicle with the attendant before leaving and make sure they note any scratches, dings, etc.

Thanks can! I had a midsize for $165 but for $198 I'll take the van. That's what I really wanted!

Now if I'm an Insider do I need to do the SaveTime thing and the kiosk?? Can I just go to the kiosk? Or do I just go out to the cars? I'm kind of confused.

I had a chat with an Alamo agent about this. You can only go right to the cars if you've pre-paid.
Otherwise, you use the kiosk and then go to the cars. (Theoretically it shouldn't take as long since you've already provided a lot of information.)

I just booked a minivan for next week using the Insiders link and did not get any 'pre-pay' option. My status is listed as 'booked'. Since they have my credit card on file, how do I know if I have 'pre-paid' or not?

Just reserved a minivan from National for $218.58 all in for a week + 1 hour. Very happy about this rate!: banana::banana:

MCO pickup: March 22 10:30 am
MCO return: March 29 11:30 am
Discount code: 6600422 (Airtran frequent flyer - free to all)
Coupon code: ND8578ADT ($35 off - listed on Mousesavers)

Darn, if I didn't need that extra hour to spend with the Mouse I could save another $10.16.... :rolleyes:

Have a backup with Alamo for $225.79. Same as above, but discount code is 7015135 (Alamo Insiders Club - free to all) and coupon code AD4027JDO ($40 off - listed on Mousesavers).

WeLuvTink! - where do you find the coupon to print it?

Coupon code: ND8578ADT ($35 off - listed on Mousesavers)

I went to the mousesavers website and it mentions printing coupon at time of booking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter