REPORTING LIVE FROM...Home! :(

A picture is worth a lot of words!
2012-08-03_13-46-28_69.jpg

pixiedust:

Love seeing that sign! I will be following your report. If you have a chance I would love to see pics of Poly shirts, sweatshirts, etc. in Boutiki. Thanks and have a blast

Westchester Airport! I just loved looking at it in your pics. And I'm enjoying hearing about the your DME experience (including the great view of the entrance sign). :thumbsup2

Glad you made it safely....love that Walt Disney World sign.....when you see that you know you are almost home !!! Have a great trip and look forward to your reports.

Live trip report from our CR/Poly stay 8/3-8/11!!

WHO?
iloveeeyore, age 45
MainStreetFireman, DH, age 48
Inspire&Image, DD, age 18
DS, age 15 (he loves Disney, too, he just hasn't joined TheDIS yet.

WE LEAVE TOMORROW MORNING, AND THE TAXI IS PICKING US UP IN LESS THAN 10 HOURS!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I will basically update you about all kinds of things we do...our itinerary, the crowds, wait times, transportation times, weather, the basics about our dining experiences on the DxDP (no great details, that's for my dining report when we return), and any other little things worth mentioning. We have some exciting events planned, including parasailing and the Wild Africa Trek. There will also be lots of PICTURES included!

Tonight we have been caught in a bit of a frenzy in our home. We have been very behind in our packing (and of course we have to watch some Olympics), but we are starting to catch up and feeling a bit more calm now. I just finished online check-in for our flight tomorrow. I also did online check-in for our two resort reservations, the Contemporary Resort (TPV) tomorrow night and our package at the Poly Saturday-Saturday.

We are thrilled to have you along! Please feel free to ask any questions if there's anything specific you'd like to know about WDW LIVE!

:cool1: Oh iloveeyore, I'm going to be following your report religiously!!! :thumbsup2 You are staying at the POLY, (which is where I'm staying Sept 28-Oct4) and I am interested in hearing your views on the state of the rooms, etc.....or any other POLY loving details you wish to share :goodvibes
EVEN more interested in hearing about your parasailing adventures!!! I'm a slight height scardey cat! :scared: I do Soarin' and it never used to bother me, but a couple yrs ago, I started to panic on that ride. I think it was because I was in the top row, at the end, and looked over the side while the ride was in motion.....I saw how high up we where, and it really set me into a anxiety attack....I gripped the handrails extra tight the whole ride, used the crotch strap and still was really nervous for some reason?? :scared: I really don't like the tipping forward parts of that ride, it makes me feel like I will slide out of the little seat!

After that experience, I always choose bottom row now, and "endure" it for my family or anyone I am with....

Now, silly me, knowing all this, I got suckered into the groupon deal for parasailing...it was just too good a deal to pass by. Parasailing has actually been on my bucket list for a very long time! I always thought it looked like a fun thing to do....even with the height factor. So, with that said, I booked my BFF and myself a tandem flight, and my 2 boys (20/16) a solo flight. I really want to enjoy this activity with them, so I am very much interested in hearing all I can about this experience! I'd love to know how you feel about it, and what your experience is like! I am crossing my fingers and toes that I just stay strong and don't chicken out on this!!! :crazy2:

Have a great trip, and I'll be following along faithfully! :wave2:

Marie :flower3:

ETA: sorry for such a long post, LOL I just got a bit carried away that someone was actually , at this very minute doing the exact same thing I'll be doing, and I got over excited!!! :p loved hearing about your departure and DME experience...anxiously awaiting your next post! Give our Dani and PAS a big hug for me :)

Following! Cant wait to continue reading your thread! LOVE LOVE LOVE that Disney sign - cant wait! :cool1:

This will be my first trip in Nov, and I don't know if you remember but you actually helped me make my decision on which resort to stay at. (It was between the Contemporary and Poly, ah, the irony...) So you need to tell me which one you like better on this trip and of course, the state of the rooms at the Poly... I'm so excited for your trip:eeyore: and I love that you are taking all the time to do updates. You're awesome!!:worship:

Glad you made it there. I love the hula Eeyore - so adorable and a great way to document your adventures! :goodvibes

I am loving that you are all following along and really appreciate all of your kind words of encouragement and excitement. I will answer individual questions soon but first, an update!

So we arrived at the CR at 2:08...so that is one hour and twenty three minutes after pulling up at the gate, or an hour and eight minutes after boarding the ME bus. It was the first time that we have used ME that our own resort was not the very first stop! No biggie!

2012-08-03_14-11-01_193.jpg

The CMs at check in were exceedingly friendly and helpful and bestowed us with all kinds of celebratory buttons.
We were told our room wasn't ready yet so we said we'd just grab a snack and browse the shops and had no problem waiting. We did mention our 3:30 appointment for parasailing and they explained where we could change and leave our stuff and all...

By the time we reached the top of the escalator in the grand concourse i received a text that our room was ready.

Your flight is the exact flight we will be taking in Sept from Westchester. Glad to hear everything went smoothly!

We entered our room at 2:15 and we were a little disappointed. It was an accessible room with really low beds and a differently configured bathroom. The shower and the floor were one. It was also on the 6th floor which is the lowest possible floor so our request for a high floor was not met. It wasn't bad...just not exactly what we wanted. We went back down to the front desk and asked if we could please be moved to a higher floor in a non accessible room...we wouldn't mind waiting. No problem they would move us but nothing else was ready.

Went to Contempo Cafe for a sweet snack and down to the pool to change and parasail...but the weather closed down the lake for the afternoon! You see right after i posted that picture of the happiest sign on earth, the sky opened up and there was a deluge which had pretty much stopped by the time we got here but there were still ominous clouds and lightning that could be seen...wind and a choppy lake also. So no parasailing for us today. Instead, 9:30 tomorrow. *fingers crossed for better weather*

Our second room is better. We got our text at around 3:35 that the other room was ready. This one is on the 7th floor and believe it or not, that one floor higher makes a bit of a difference! Our room is even numbered so we see the castle from the sofa and not the beds but as i write this i am sitting out on our balcony enjoying the gorgeous view of the MK and the whole lagoon. I see the volcano pool the gf construction even the turrets to the new prince eric castle! Just lovely. We plan to just keep sitting out here until the exhaustion sets in.

Just outside our door:
2012-08-03_17-21-08_568.jpg

From the balcony:
2012-08-03_19-41-06_149.jpg

Darn! I hope parasailing works out tomorrow! Sorry about the low floor - hopefully before long you will be in a new room higher up.

edit: we must have posted at the same time! Glad the new room is better. Looking for a photo of eeyore on the balcony.

We entered our room at 2:15 and we were a little disappointed. It was an accessible room with really low beds and a differently configured bathroom. The shower and the floor were one. It was also on the 6th floor which is the lowest possible floor so our request for a high floor was not met. It wasn't bad...just not exactly what we wanted. We went back down to the front desk and asked if we could please be moved to a higher floor in a non accessible room...we wouldn't mind waiting. No problem they would move us but nothing else was ready.

Went to Contempo Cafe for a sweet snack and down to the pool to change and parasail...but the weather closed down the lake for the afternoon! You see right after i posted that picture of the happiest sign on earth, the sky opened up and there was a deluge which had pretty much stopped by the time we got here but there were still ominous clouds and lightning that could be seen...wind and a choppy lake also. So no parasailing for us today. Instead, 9:30 tomorrow. *fingers crossed for better weather*

I'm loving your updates. Sorry about the weather today - crossing my fingers for you for tomorrow - Enjoy

.After checking out our new room we went to the pool for a little while. There was a trvia game going on, very cute, but not many people down there probably because of the weather. We used the slide which was fun and came back to get ready for Chef Mickey's! We had a blast doing the napkin dance, playing with the characters and left with full bellies so you know we each found something we liked to eat!

2012-08-03_17-40-18_72.jpg

After dinner to work off some calories we took a monorail ride!;). Just because we could...all the way around. There was a slower train ahead of us, so we stopped before each station waiting for the track to clear. We didn't care because we weren't on a schedule but i think it took about 35 minutes to do the loop.

2012-08-03_19-23-16_588.jpg

Eeyore wants to go home! No no Eeyore, wait until tomorrow!

Now we are back in the room and on the balcony basking in the glow of the castle!

Toiletries in the room at the CR. They smell quite yummy!
2012-08-03_16-15-09_922.jpg

2012-08-03_16-15-19_549.jpg

2012-08-03_16-15-47_231.jpg

Eeyore made a friend...shhh...don't tell him it's just a washcloth
2012-08-03_16-15-32_439.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter