Resale Purchase Question - Fidelity

Myke729

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I am trying not to be impatient but I need some advice...
This past Tuesday, 2/14, we signed a contract through Fidelity for a resale contract for SSR for 100 pts, after a few counter offers. We reached out yesterday, Thursday 2/16 to Fidelity as we had not heard back from them if they had sent to Disney for ROFR. They replied back that the seller had not signed their part of the contract so they could send to Disney. They stated they would remind the seller to sign.

It's Friday evening and I have still not heard back from them on the offer. I also do not have a copy of the contract we signed. I thought I had an email copy, but I realized we do not.

How long does it typically take for the seller to sign back? Are they held to any type of timeframe? On the first contract we purchased, it went so fast with getting the contract into Disney through DVC Resale Market, but this experience has not been as fast.

Am I being too impatient here?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I am trying not to be impatient but I need some advice...
This past Tuesday, 2/14, we signed a contract through Fidelity for a resale contract for SSR for 100 pts, after a few counter offers. We reached out yesterday, Thursday 2/16 to Fidelity as we had not heard back from them if they had sent to Disney for ROFR. They replied back that the seller had not signed their part of the contract so they could send to Disney. They stated they would remind the seller to sign.

It's Friday evening and I have still not heard back from them on the offer. I also do not have a copy of the contract we signed. I thought I had an email copy, but I realized we do not.

How long does it typically take for the seller to sign back? Are they held to any type of timeframe? On the first contract we purchased, it went so fast with getting the contract into Disney through DVC Resale Market, but this experience has not been as fast.

Am I being too impatient here?

Thanks!
Fidelity has a lot of problems with their on line signing system. I had problems and the seller in mine eventually had to sign it and mail it back. It took about a week and a half but it worked out in the end.

Hi All,

Are they held to any type of timeframe?

My Fidelity contract stated that the contract would be withdrawn if both parties hadn't signed in 10 days.

We didn't have any issues with their online signing system, for whatever that is worth.

I’ve bought 4 contracts through fidelity, all with Shawn and i’ve had wonderful service. Unfortunately, it does take time, depending on seller, to get signatures, but the overall process is always great!!

Another fan of Shawn's, she's been great.

With Secure E-Sign, with any document requiring multiple signatures, you won't get a copy until everyone has signed it. You can grab a screen shot or download the unsigned version, but once you click the sign button, the document can't be further accessed until everyone signs.

On the plus side, when everyone does sign, E-Sign will send you notification and a completed copy of the document automatically. You don't need to wait for anyone at Fidelity to send you a cop[y (or forget to). It gives some relief that it really is a problem with the sellers not signing the document.

On a side note, while I did have trouble once with Fidelity, my last two contracts purchased through them have been trouble-free. Bonnie has been very communicative (an issue at times with others in their office), and unlike several other brokers there, she actually prefers to use Mason and was happy I wanted to stick with Cammy, who I will use over anyone else at any title company.

Fidelity has a lot of problems with their on line signing system. I had problems and the seller in mine eventually had to sign it and mail it back. It took about a week and a half but it worked out in the end.
That makes sense...I have been trying to log back on to get a copy of the contract and it does not let me. I will try to give them a call.

I’ve bought 4 contracts through fidelity, all with Shawn and i’ve had wonderful service. Unfortunately, it does take time, depending on seller, to get signatures, but the overall process is always great!!
Thanks!!! Fingers crossed it will all work out.

My Fidelity contract stated that the contract would be withdrawn if both parties hadn't signed in 10 days.

We didn't have any issues with their online signing system, for whatever that is worth.

Another fan of Shawn's, she's been great.
Thanks! We are working with Ivey. Hopefully, it will work out.

With Secure E-Sign, with any document requiring multiple signatures, you won't get a copy until everyone has signed it. You can grab a screen shot or download the unsigned version, but once you click the sign button, the document can't be further accessed until everyone signs.

On the plus side, when everyone does sign, E-Sign will send you notification and a completed copy of the document automatically. You don't need to wait for anyone at Fidelity to send you a cop[y (or forget to). It gives some relief that it really is a problem with the sellers not signing the document.
That is good to know. Hopefully, they will sign and we can get this puppy moving.

On a side note, while I did have trouble once with Fidelity, my last two contracts purchased through them have been trouble-free. Bonnie has been very communicative (an issue at times with others in their office), and unlike several other brokers there, she actually prefers to use Mason and was happy I wanted to stick with Cammy, who I will use over anyone else at any title company.
Great! I asked for Mason title company as well. Hopefully, this will all work out.

I would wait a little longer. I also used Fidelity (Bonnie and then Evy) and so far, it has all been great. I waited 5 days for the seller to sign but once it was signed, everything moved fast - it was sent to Disney the next day - on 1/30 - and just found out today that Disney passed on ROFR and things are now in the hands of Mason Title & Escrow. I am sure it will all work out!

How long does it typically take for the seller to sign back?
I think this is more on the seller than Fidelity. I think we need to bare in mind that a lot of sellers are older and less tech-savvy.

My only word of caution is that in my one experience with a slow seller, they also took forever to send in closing documents. Eventually we ended up cancelling the sale.

Some sellers are highly motivated to sell and sign quickly. Others, not so much. If the sellers are dragging their feet now, there is a chance they will also drag them getting the closing documents signed.

We had to cancel a resale contract when the sellers wouldn’t sign the closing papers. They stopped taking the brokers phone calls. It was a mess.

I would wait a little longer. I also used Fidelity (Bonnie and then Evy) and so far, it has all been great. I waited 5 days for the seller to sign but once it was signed, everything moved fast - it was sent to Disney the next day - on 1/30 - and just found out today that Disney passed on ROFR and things are now in the hands of Mason Title & Escrow. I am sure it will all work out!
Thank you!

Some sellers are highly motivated to sell and sign quickly. Others, not so much. If the sellers are dragging their feet now, there is a chance they will also drag them getting the closing documents signed.

We had to cancel a resale contract when the sellers wouldn’t sign the closing papers. They stopped taking the brokers phone calls. It was a mess.
OMG So you got through ROFR and all and at closing they were a no show?

I am pretty sure you have 10 days to back out. If you dont hear back might be worth shopping around a little bit to see if a better deal is out there.
Thank you! I am already keeping my eyes open for other deals in case this does not run successful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter