Reservations for a group of 11 on Thanksgiving

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
Trying to book a character breakfast on Thanksgiving for 11 people. Tomorrow is our 60 day out to book. Planned to have me book for 6 and my husband book for 5. But on a practice run today, even those numbers were not available at breakfast but I could have booked for 4. If he books for 4 and I book for 4, can I go back in and try booking another 3? Our would I need another MDE account from our group to do this?

You can book two tables from one MDE account as long as you set another guest's name as managing the first one you book and then leave your name as the person managing the second one. You could probably book all three tables from one MDE account as long as you set different guests for the first two and yourself for the third, but I haven't seen that reported.

BTW if there aren't any tables for 3, try for a table for 4 and book it if available. Then after you have all your tables booked, modify one reservation down to 3 guests. The ADR booking system doesn't like odd numbers and will try to fill tables, i.e., if all that's left is a table for 4, it won't let you put 3 people there. You have to trick the system by booking for 4 and then later reducing to 3. And in most cases, except for prepaid and other special reservations, you can book for 4 and show up with only 3 without any penalty.

BTW if there aren't any tables for 3, try for a table for 4 and book it if available. Then after you have all your tables booked, modify one reservation down to 3 guests. The ADR booking system doesn't like odd numbers and will try to fill tables, i.e., if all that's left is a table for 4, it won't let you put 3 people there. You have to trick the system by booking for 4 and then later reducing to 3. And in most cases, except for prepaid and other special reservations, you can book for 4 and show up with only 3 without any penalty.
Thanks for this advice. I will try 3 groups of 4.

You can book two tables from one MDE account as long as you set another guest's name as managing the first one you book and then leave your name as the person managing the second one. You could probably book all three tables from one MDE account as long as you set different guests for the first two and yourself for the third, but I haven't seen that reported.
I just tried this with a pretend reservation. I booked 4 people under my MDE account, I went back in and tired to book another 4 people but there is not an option to change the name of the lead on the reservation so it wouldn't accept my second reservation without cancelling the first which is not going to work. I hate that this is so tedious and stressful. I only want one ADR for the whole week. I have spent hours asking questions and making dummy reservations all to no avail. I realize going Thanksgiving week has its downsides and this is definitely one of them but that's all that would work.

I just tried this with a pretend reservation. I booked 4 people under my MDE account, I went back in and tired to book another 4 people but there is not an option to change the name of the lead on the reservation so it wouldn't accept my second reservation without cancelling the first which is not going to work. I hate that this is so tedious and stressful. I only want one ADR for the whole week. I have spent hours asking questions and making dummy reservations all to no avail. I realize going Thanksgiving week has its downsides and this is definitely one of them but that's all that would work.
Sorry I wasn’t clear. When you book the first reservation, where it asks for the person managing the reservation, it defaults to your name. You need to change it to one of the other guests (from your F&F list) at that time, before finalizing the reservation. You should change it to someone who has their own MDE account, because they’d be the only one who can modify or cancel the reservation later without calling. Once you have that one booked, then it will let you search for and book another ADR for the same restaurant and time, which you can leave in your own name.

But how do you change it to another guest in my f/f list? There is nothing to click on to change the name of the lead person which is of course me. I have been on this site so many times and can’t see how to do this. What am I missing ?? Where exactly do I click to change the name? Thanks for your help. I am beyond frustrated . In 2018 I could do everything and now I know nothing lol.

But how do you change it to another guest in my f/f list? There is nothing to click on to change the name of the lead person which is of course me. I have been on this site so many times and can’t see how to do this. What am I missing ?? Where exactly do I click to change the name? Thanks for your help. I am beyond frustrated . In 2018 I could do everything and now I know nothing lol.
Uh-oh, I thought that option was still available on the website, but I just tried and couldn’t see how to do it, either. I did try putting in a party size of 11, and several options popped up for the random date I picked in October. You might have to call - I did, in 2020 for our family of 9. I’m sorry I misled you!

The number for dining is (407) 939-3463.

Thanks for your help. I have tried 11 people as a dummy reservation every day this week for 60 days out and there isn’t a character breakfast at all getting on the site at 6;00 am EST. We won’t be in a park on Thanksgiving so only options are Chef Mickey and Cape May. Hoping for the best in the morning with our groups of 4.

Thanks for your help. I have tried 11 people as a dummy reservation every day this week for 60 days out and there isn’t a character breakfast at all getting on the site at 6;00 am EST. We won’t be in a park on Thanksgiving so only options are Chef Mickey and Cape May. Hoping for the best in the morning with our groups of 4.
Try online at 6, and if you’re still struggling when the phone lines open (7? I don’t know), then call!

Good luck! :tinker: :tinker: :tinker: :tinker: :tinker:

Thanksgiving is in my ADR window. Trattoria al Forno and Olivia's are the only ones available for breakfast for parties of 11. Parties of 6 just so-so. A few character breakfasts open like Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. Party of 4 has 1 time for 'Ohana, lots of Askershus, Boma, Cape May, Chef Mickey's....

I don't post it to be disappointing, just hoping it helps you do your search quickly in the morning. Plus things change so quickly for the good and the bad so sending best wishes! I was up at 5:45 this morning myself!

I don't post it to be disappointing, just hoping it helps you do your search quickly in the morning. Plus things change so quickly for the good and the bad so sending best wishes! I was up at 5:45 this morning myself!

UPDATE:
Thanks for everyone's help. My husband, daughter and I were online right at 6:00 and were able to get three tables of 4 within 30 minutes of each other mid-morning on Thanksgiving. We will make this work and I'm very grateful for all the advice in this group! I may call at 7:00 to request our groups be seated near each other but I don't want to risk messing anything up!

UPDATE:
Thanks for everyone's help. My husband, daughter and I were online right at 6:00 and were able to get three tables of 4 within 30 minutes of each other mid-morning on Thanksgiving. We will make this work and I'm very grateful for all the advice in this group! I may call at 7:00 to request our groups be seated near each other but I don't want to risk messing anything up!
I'm so glad to hear you were successful! :banana: :tongue:

I don't think you need to call, although I can't say it won't help! We had split ADRs for 5 restaurants, in every possible combination for a party of 9 including 8+1. What we did was to make sure everyone arrived at the restaurant about 10-15 minutes before the earliest reservation time, and we checked in with the CM in person, not via MDE. We told them we were together and would like to be seated as close together as possible, and we were prepared to wait a bit. They were very helpful, and we were fortunate to be seated at the same table everywhere but Sci Fi, which of course doesn't have tables for 9. So here's more pixie dust for y'all! :tink::tink::tink::tink:

What we did was to make sure everyone arrived at the restaurant about 10-15 minutes before the earliest reservation time, and we checked in with the CM in person, not via MDE. We told them we were together and would like to be seated as close together as possible, and we were prepared to wait a bit. They were very helpful, and we were fortunate to be seated at the same table everywhere but Sci Fi, which of course doesn't have tables for 9. So here's more pixie dust for y'all! :tink::tink::tink::tink:
Thank you Carolyn! We will try that strategy. I was afraid if I called and didn't get the most experienced rep, we might end up with losing one of the reservations. Much better to do in person. We do need to drop one person off one of the reservations as we need 11 but booked for 12 based on advice that the system doesn't like odd numbers. Is that something we can do at arrival with the CM or should I take care of it in advance by phone or at guest services in person? (I'll be there in advance of the others). I'd rather not get penalized but better that than losing one of the reservations.

Sorry I wasn’t clear. When you book the first reservation, where it asks for the person managing the reservation, it defaults to your name. You need to change it to one of the other guests (from your F&F list) at that time, before finalizing the reservation. You should change it to someone who has their own MDE account, because they’d be the only one who can modify or cancel the reservation later without calling. Once you have that one booked, then it will let you search for and book another ADR for the same restaurant and time, which you can leave in your own name.
GREAT INFO. DS#2 was just there with group of 10 adults (chaperones) wanting a dinner together. He was trying to book 10 so ended up having another person book half with him. Went to Marie & Enzo's and went early to check in. They put a table for 10 together which is great as they were on one ticket.

Thank you Carolyn! We will try that strategy. I was afraid if I called and didn't get the most experienced rep, we might end up with losing one of the reservations. Much better to do in person. We do need to drop one person off one of the reservations as we need 11 but booked for 12 based on advice that the system doesn't like odd numbers. Is that something we can do at arrival with the CM or should I take care of it in advance by phone or at guest services in person? (I'll be there in advance of the others). I'd rather not get penalized but better that than losing one of the reservations.
As long as the reservation isn't for a prepaid meal or special dining package, you can just show up with only 11 people and let the CM know when you check in. Also, if you've listed guest names on the ADRs and do get split up, Disney doesn't care whether people sit together according to the ADR or not.

GREAT INFO. DS#2 was just there with group of 10 adults (chaperones) wanting a dinner together. He was trying to book 10 so ended up having another person book half with him. Went to Marie & Enzo's and went early to check in. They put a table for 10 together which is great as they were on one ticket.
Well, if you read on down, it seems this can't be done now. I booked fake ADRs on the app and the website, and both defaulted to my name and didn't show me any way to change that name. So now I don't know how to book overlapping ADRs without signing into someone else's MDE!

(PS yes, I canceled the fake ADRs after confirming I couldn't change the name.)

Well, if you read on down, it seems this can't be done now. I booked fake ADRs on the app and the website, and both defaulted to my name and didn't show me any way to change that name. So now I don't know how to book overlapping ADRs without signing into someone else's MDE!

(PS yes, I canceled the fake ADRs after confirming I couldn't change the name.)
It was good while is lasted. :rotfl:

As long as the reservation isn't for a prepaid meal or special dining package, you can just show up with only 11 people and let the CM know when you check in. Also, if you've listed guest names on the ADRs and do get split up, Disney doesn't care whether people sit together according to the ADR or not.
It's not pre-paid - it's Chef Mickey's. Is it required that we each list names on the reservations? Or just show up with our 3 reservations that are enough to cover all 11 of us?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter