>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

I believe it is state law, nothing to do with house, apartment, timeshare, etc
Yup. They don't want to get into legal trouble with the state or on a personal level should that alcohol be delivered to a minor.

That's another reason I do not recommend Garden Grocer. The owner prides himself in hiding alcohol in the bags and not revealing to Disney that it is in there as it is stored. He believes that he is safe by checking IDs before the delivery but there is no proof on GG's end that it was delivered to someone 21 or older. He puts Disney in a very bad position should anything happen.

What if we arrive at the DVC around 11 PM or 11:30 PM - should we wait for Garden Grocer to deliver in the AM ?
We arrived after 1:00 AM but had asked Garden Grocer to deliver in the afternoon of our arrival day. Once we were in our room, we called bell services and they brought up our groceries. No issues.

We will be renting a car and would like to do curbside pickup on our way to the resort from MCO.
Walmart would be our #1 pick (we need sunscreen, breakfast and snack items, bottled water, milk, gatorade, beer and wine)
Any suggestions? I see this Publix is often recommended : 9930 Universal Blvd Orlando, FL 32819-8702. Any thoughts?

We will be renting a car and would like to do curbside pickup on our way to the resort from MCO.
Walmart would be our #1 pick (we need sunscreen, breakfast and snack items, bottled water, milk, gatorade, beer and wine)
Any suggestions? I see this Publix is often recommended : 9930 Universal Blvd Orlando, FL 32819-8702. Any thoughts?
We usually shop at the Publix Regency Village (it’s right across Vineland Ave from the Outlet Mall….corner of Vineland and S. International). If you use 417 coming from MCO it would be the S. International Drive/Route 535 exit.…so it’s on the way. As you exit the off ramp at the first light hang a right on International and it’s maybe a mile or so on your left.

I do walmart pickup frequently at home, but I hear those near Disney are often out of stock of items. Lately I've been ordering for delivery to the resort and they're pulling from these stores. So far, so good, but I'm careful to add substitution options.

Publix is a good store. I find it hard to line up weekly sale prices with an order there. Their house made to order subs from the Deli are incredible, and very affordable compared to Disney prices. Peek at the online ordering system to get an idea. Worth going out of your way for. (Meatball sub w/provolone for me!)

Last edited:
We just returned from a WDW stay (Feb. 8-15). We had 2 Walmart deliveries. They charged $7.95 each trip. It worked out great. If they needed to substitute anything, they sent an email while they were pulling together our order. The driver then picked up the order from Walmart (we used the Kissimmee one because it was closest to Saratoga Springs), and then brought over our items. The driver texted me when he was on the way, and again when he was 5 minutes out. I could see his estimated time of arrival on the Walmart app. It worked out perfectly. We got what we needed, the produce was fresh and in perfect condition, the eggs were all intact, and the drivers were courteous and helpful. If you ordered for pick up, the store would have everything packed for you. Easy peasy!

I have WalMart+ so I’m trying to decide between Delivery (saves the delivery charge but not whatever markups they have plus out of stock mishaps) and just Uber’ing to the closest store.

I kind of think Uber may be the better bet because I could change direction on the fly if they were out of my items.

FYI:

Walt Disney World Hotel Bell Services No Longer Holding Alcohol Deliveries

August 7, 2023 by Shannen Michaelsen

Walt Disney World Resort hotel bell services are no longer holding alcohol deliveries.

Guests can have various services like Amazon, DoorDash, and Instacart deliver groceries to their Walt Disney World Resort hotel. As of October 2022, bell services were able to hold alcohol deliveries. As of August 1, 2023, bell services are no longer able to do this. Guests must be at bell services to accept any alcohol at the time that it is delivered.

Bell services Cast Members can assist with handling non-alcohol groceries. As with package deliveries, if they have to store the groceries, there is a $6 fee for most items.

Bell services will also no longer transfer perishable groceries from one hotel to another.

edit:
Policy from WDW website

Getting Grocery Orders Delivered to Your Disney Resort Hotel Room

Grocery deliveries are subject to the Disney Resort hotel’s policies and may be unavailable, limited or restricted. If the delivery service vendor requires age or ID verification, Guests are required to meet and accept delivery directly from the vendor; Disney Resort hotels will not accept delivery of such orders on behalf of any Guest.
For other grocery orders delivered to the Disney Resort hotel during your vacation, a $6 fee will be charged to your room account for each grocery delivery order brought to your room by Bell Services or Luggage Assistance. Alternatively, these deliveries may be picked up in the Resort Lobby from Bell Services or Luggage Assistance at no charge.

Last edited:
FYI:

Walt Disney World Hotel Bell Services No Longer Holding Alcohol Deliveries

August 7, 2023 by Shannen Michaelsen

Walt Disney World Resort hotel bell services are no longer holding alcohol deliveries.

Guests can have various services like Amazon, DoorDash, and Instacart deliver groceries to their Walt Disney World Resort hotel. As of October 2022, bell services were able to hold alcohol deliveries. As of August 1, 2023, bell services are no longer able to do this. Guests must be at bell services to accept any alcohol at the time that it is delivered.

Bell services Cast Members can assist with handling non-alcohol groceries. As with package deliveries, if they have to store the groceries, there is a $6 fee for most items.

Bell services will also no longer transfer perishable groceries from one hotel to another.

Both Garden Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin Delivery have posted on their respective FB pages that they are still able to make grocery deliveries to Bell Services which include alcohol without the guest being present. Garden Grocer indicated there are specific requirements that they have to meet in order to be allowed to do so, including having a copy of the ID on file and packaging the alcohol in a specific way.

Both GG and DDD already required a copy of the ID on file for their orders that include alcohol.

Both Garden Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin Delivery have posted on their respective FB pages that they are still able to make grocery deliveries to Bell Services which include alcohol without the guest being present. Garden Grocer indicated there are specific requirements that they have to meet in order to be allowed to do so, including having a copy of the ID on file and packaging the alcohol in a specific way.

Both GG and DDD already required a copy of the ID on file for their orders that include alcohol.
These companies who claim they are able to drop off alcohol still are breaking Disney's rules.

The whole idea behind why Disney Bell services is not holding alcohol has nothing to do with who paid for the items and everything to do with who is picking up the alcohol and making sure they're of age. They do not want or need that liability when the resorts also offer alcohol for purchase.

GG and DD are hiding the alcohol and not disclosing it as they are supposed to at drop off. 😡
There is zero social responsibility being demonstrated by either company.

I know the rules regading Bell Services no longer accepts alcohol deliveries. However, if I am present to accept the delivery and my room is not yet ready will Bell Services hold it for me until the room is ready?

We were at SSR last month (Dec) and had our delivery scheduled for approximately the time we thought we were arriving. Bell services accepted the delivery for us. We went and picked it up from bell services instead of waiting for them to bring it up to us. (Used Walmart+No alcohol in the order).
I know the rules regading Bell Services no longer accepts alcohol deliveries. However, if I am present to accept the delivery and my room is not yet ready will Bell Services hold it for me until the room is ready?

Put the items in a bag and Bell Services will not know what it is

Bell Service has unpacked all the luggage from my car, slapped bar codes on a case of beer and said they would store it in the refrigerator for me. They brought it up to my room along with my luggage once I was in my room.

Is this still the case that Bell Services will no longer accept alcohol deliveries if you are not present? It says on Garden Grocers website under their FAQ's that they can drop alcohol with Bell Services.

Also, has anyone had any issues with Garden Grocer recently? I tried both the online chat and calling the phone number on their website to ask this question and no response from the online chat and the number rang and eventually went to a voice mailbox that wasn't setup...

Is this still the case that Bell Services will no longer accept alcohol deliveries if you are not present? It says on Garden Grocers website under their FAQ's that they can drop alcohol with Bell Services.

Also, has anyone had any issues with Garden Grocer recently? I tried both the online chat and calling the phone number on their website to ask this question and no response from the online chat and the number rang and eventually went to a voice mailbox that wasn't setup...
I have not seen a single report of anyone who placed a Garden Grocer order which included alcohol not being able to have the order dropped off at Bell Services without being present. I can only assume that Garden Grocer has come to an arrangement with Disney, because if they were openly and blatantly breaking the rules I would expect Disney to ban GG deliveries altogether.

Would appreciate suggestions for which Grocery delivery services would do the best to find gluten free options (mainly breads, bagels). Perhaps the question is more about which grocery chain has the most gluten free options. Thanks in advance.

Would appreciate suggestions for which Grocery delivery services would do the best to find gluten free options (mainly breads, bagels). Perhaps the question is more about which grocery chain has the most gluten free options. Thanks in advance.
As far as local stores, we have found Publix to have the best, most varied, gluten free options.

I'll also add Whole Foods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter