>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

Sorry for your experience. I know time is precious but honesty I have done the maths (from the UK !) but it is so much cheaper to Uber down to Target. It is a 1 hour round trip less than half you would spend in line for some rides. Plus you could catch a snack at Bahama Breeze or have a wander through Margaritaville....save some money on Genie/Genie +. But hey we all have different perspectives.
This was years back, pre-uber, probably about 2010ish He lost me as a customer for life and I'm sure his personality has not improved since then, so I share my experience with him whenever asked and hopefully a good company gets the business.

These days I just order from Walmart and Amazon. They have yet to fail me and their policies on deliveries have worked out well for us (substitutions, missing items etc).

I've considered trying out some of the displaced Disney workers but not sure how to go about working with them to place the order.

Last edited:
Looks like Kroger now has grocery and alcohol delivery to Disney Resorts...has anyone tried them yet?

Also, is the "delivery only after 4:00" rule still in place for Boardwalk/Beach Club resorts?

Thanks!

Just wanted to report that we had a good experience using Instacart to deliver to AKL from Publix. Just be aware (if you've never used grocery delivery before, like me) that the shopper will be texting you throughout the time they are at the store. Our shopper made appropriate substitutions and was very helpful about sending photos. Only issue was she bought 1 milk instead of 2 and 2 cheerios instead of 1, so we ended up with way too much cereal and had to buy milk from the gift shop. So watch the final shopping list closely! I was on the plane and kept losing connection so I didn't notice it. Delivery to Bell Services went smoothly, and they kept things cold for several hours for us.

Any recent experiences using Walmart grocery delivery service to the Disney Resorts?
I am looking for a more recent answer to this question as well. I had asked this question on a social media forum. Several were saying that they had met the walmart delivery person. I am wanting answers to see if I have to meet them. We are arriving early and our room probably wont be ready. I am needing to know if walmart will deliver to bell services and that we don't have to present. I am sure we will be searching for lunch after arrival while waiting on our room. I've used Amazon in the past and they just delivered to bell services so no need to be present.

I am looking for a more recent answer to this question as well. I had asked this question on a social media forum. Several were saying that they had met the walmart delivery person. I am wanting answers to see if I have to meet them. We are arriving early and our room probably wont be ready. I am needing to know if walmart will deliver to bell services and that we don't have to present. I am sure we will be searching for lunch after arrival while waiting on our room. I've used Amazon in the past and they just delivered to bell services so no need to be present.
I used them 1/2 year ago, back in October. I don't consider that recent so have not answered, I believe everything is still the same as it was then with Walmart. (Read back inthe thread for reviews.) Been using them for about 3-4 years now and any changes made have been for the better. They're not known for sudden changes in procedure.

Last edited:

We used them on May 20, 2022. You don’t need to be present. Our delivery was waiting for us when we checked in, the cold food was kept cold and we paid the $6.00 to have Bell Services deliver it directly to our room. Easy breezy

Reactions: TSM
We used them on May 20, 2022. You don’t need to be present. Our delivery was waiting for us when we checked in, the cold food was kept cold and we paid the $6.00 to have Bell Services deliver it directly to our room. Easy breezy
Thank you for your recent review. I was not finding anything about Walmart except for people saying that they had to meet them there. We leave Monday morning Going to place my order now!

Thank you for your recent review. I was not finding anything about Walmart except for people saying that they had to meet them there. We leave Monday morning Going to place my order now!
Me either, that’s why I wanted to update this ASAP.

Just got back and used both Walmart and Amazon Fresh (with a 2 hour delivery window, they delivered at 11pm, I had ordered at 8:30pm).

First off, bell services took in both orders no questions asked. The Walmart order had 3 large packs of waters for us, those were the only items not in a tied shut bag. The Amazon Fresh order was all in paper bags with a fold and taped shut.

I had intended to meet the driver for Walmart figuring bell services would not take it (Jambo), and I was at the door early, but only saw people coming and going. The valet asked who I was waiting for and when I said "Walmart delivery" he pointed to a woman rushing back to the parking lot with a collapsible red wagon. (She snuck by me! LOL)

✅ I liked Walmart for having the bulk of the items we usually eat at home, plus I was able to add in some utensils from the housewares department (the studios only come with plastic) and a new skillet for $18 to make pancakes on.

✅Between the two I preferred Amazon fresh, the delivery fee isn't there if you're prime, only the tip, and you meet the minimum and there's nothing better than being able to order 2 hours before getting it.

I'll be using both services again, in the same order as above. Walmart for stocking the kitchen, then Amazon Fresh for the little forgotten items and things I didn't order enough of several days later. (Note our trips tend to be about 10+ days, so it makes sense)

I wasn't aware you could not find my review, sorry about that. The search feature works great if you make sure to click on the "this thread only" option when searching. I quoted my October review above for others to also see.

I have used Instacart via Publix three times with no problem but the last experience beginning of April was disappointing my shopper substituted or changed the quantity for 8/9 items on my list. He only texted to ask me about one of the items. I asked for 3 small bananas and received 6 huge bananas, I asked for the small cup of strawberries and received a 2lb container, asked for 3 -12oz. Bottles of OJ but got 2 half gallons, asked for bakery container of choc chip cookies and got some packaged brand, i asked for case of the lower price nestle brand water that was on sale and received Aquafina which was one of few brands not on sale...also asked for smallest pkg of napkins and got pkg of 200, asked for #30 or higher babana boat suntan lotion and got bottle of #8....i Think I had selected the 20% tip so that was greatly increased as well...

What if we arrive at the DVC around 11 PM or 11:30 PM - should we wait for Garden Grocer to deliver in the AM ?

Will be arriving at All Star Music mid morning (driving) on 9/4. I want to do a Walmart delivery. Is the address listed in the MDE app the correct address or is there somewhere else I should look for it?
Do they still call? (In my area, they text...and since I normally do not answer calls with unknown numbers, I need to know.

Thanks!

Quick Update:

So I just back from a stay at the Bay Lake Tower and Instacart will deliver to the hotel and bell services will keep your food and refrigerate it for you. However, if you get alcohol, the Instacart driver has to scan your ID into their app before delivering.

Because BLT is DVC, this might be different than some of the other resorts.

Quick Update:

So I just back from a stay at the Bay Lake Tower and Instacart will deliver to the hotel and bell services will keep your food and refrigerate it for you. However, if you get alcohol, the Instacart driver has to scan your ID into their app before delivering.

Because BLT is DVC, this might be different than some of the other resorts.
I believe it is state law, nothing to do with house, apartment, timeshare, etc

Will be arriving at All Star Music mid morning (driving) on 9/4. I want to do a Walmart delivery. Is the address listed in the MDE app the correct address or is there somewhere else I should look for it?
Do they still call? (In my area, they text...and since I normally do not answer calls with unknown numbers, I need to know.

Thanks!
Maybe just be prepared to answer unknown callers for the hour delivery window that you set?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter